The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by DimSum9

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

For some reason after time i use my macbook and the airport settings for wifi, it messes up my internet router causing it to reset. Anyone know whats the deal with that?
Do you have Lion?
yea I do. 
It's a known issue in Lion, happens to me every day. Theres a couple of quick fixes but nothing permanent, you'll have to wait until Apple releases an update
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by AME416

Originally Posted by AusZero

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

any sound eq apps?

that give headphones like more bass or something?

iTunes has a ten band graphic eq built into it. srs wow is cool but not $25.00 cool
BOOM app torrent with key
pimp.gif
Does this app just make the sound louder? Anything else to it?

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Originally Posted by AME416

Originally Posted by AusZero

iTunes has a ten band graphic eq built into it. srs wow is cool but not $25.00 cool
BOOM app torrent with key
pimp.gif
Does this app just make the sound louder? Anything else to it?
na it's not to make it louder...it's enhanced EQ settings based on the audio output and the genre of music you're listening to. 

Do you have Lion?
yea I do. 
It's a known issue in Lion, happens to me every day. Theres a couple of quick fixes but nothing permanent, you'll have to wait until Apple releases an update
30t6p3b.gif
When I first got my macbook, it was over a year ago and it had slow wifi connections but through ethernet, I have no problems whatsoever. 

Do you have Lion?
yea I do. 
30t6p3b.gif

I don't have any problems..Now I do have problems with the heating.  This thing will heat up your legs...
My specs: 

MacBook Pro

17-Inch, Mid 2010

2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7

8GB 1067 DDR3 Memory

Mac OS X Lion

Originally Posted by marmourjr

Originally Posted by Snake201

What is the best program to unrar files?

Unrarx
Thanks man. Now what is the best torrent client for Macs? uTorrent?

It feels so weird going from a power user in Windows to being a complete newb on Macs. I keep telling my self the learning curve is going to be worth it.

Unrarx

It feels so weird going from a power user in Windows to being a complete newb on Macs. I keep telling my self the learning curve is going to be worth it.

Apple have great online tutorials. You should setup an appointment to go into the Apple store. They offer free classes/sessions.
Anyhow, it depends on what kind of GUI client you like.  Most Mac users I know used uTorrent.  I use Bittorrent.

Unrarx
You can also use this one: (http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/unarchiver.html)
Which has everything. 

What is the main difference between the two? What are the pros and cons?

Unrarx

Apple have great online tutorials. You should setup an appointment to go into the Apple store. They offer free classes/sessions.
Anyhow, it depends on what kind of GUI client you like.  Most Mac users I know used uTorrent.  I use Bittorrent.
Yeah there is an Apple Store near me and I signed up for the intro to Mac workshop. I know it won't be too bad trying to learn something new. I consider my self to be very computer savy and can usually just figure stuff out by looking and asking in the right places.

I use uTorrent on my Windows PC and never had a problem with it. I really like how it carries such a small footprint compared to Azureus from back in the day.

I just got a MB Pro today and the bottom seems to get hot within 5 minutes of using the computer. Is that normal? I upgraded the ram to 8gb from 4.

Originally Posted by yanky

I just got a MB Pro today and the bottom seems to get hot within 5 minutes of using the computer. Is that normal? I upgraded the ram to 8gb from 4.

If you can't fry an egg on your MBP after a few minutes of heavy use it's broken 
laugh.gif
. It's completely normal as far as I know. Get SMC fan control just in case.

Someone help?

I bought "Watch the Throne" yesterday & every time I insert in into my MacBook, it keep ejecting. What can I do to fix this or is album not able to be inserted into computers?

FYI, Blank CD's work fine.

PO

Unrarx
You can also use this one: (http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/unarchiver.html)
Which has everything. 

What is the main difference between the two? What are the pros and cons?

Both are excellent. 
Just the Unarchiver not only unrars files but also unzips zip files as well. So instead of having two different apps to perform 2 different things, you can have one app to perform both.

For some reason after time i use my macbook and the airport settings for wifi, it messes up my internet router causing it to reset. Anyone know whats the deal with that?
Do you have Lion?
yea I do. 
30t6p3b.gif

So that makes me a cool dude for not installing Lion OS

just copped a '11 MBP
pimp.gif

don't really wanna go through 350 pages but...can someone help me change the icons and how to move these damn widgets from the dashboard to the desktop?
laugh.gif

any tips or tricks would be appreciated...thanks guys

Thinking about getting the 21.5 inch iMac that's 1500. Then upgrading the memory to 16gb.

Will this be sufficient in handling, hd video editing, protools, and such? I'm just being careful.

Man my MBP just crashed. Been working on it for 2 days...

Apple Care Protection for the win!!!! Taking this thing in on Wed.

alright just upgraded to lion;

1. iphoto is gone??? has this happened to anyone else

2. I upgraded to lion so i can sync my iMac and Macbook Calanders without going through google... is this possible? ...how?

Back
Top Bottom