The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by megatron

Originally Posted by gunitg23

Could someone point me in the right direction to customize my MBP desktop ? 
 i.e. guides, icons, and do you guys still use candybar 
nerd.gif

candybar for icons and docks

bowtie for the little itunes widget that shows on the desktop with the album art

and that's about it

anything beyond that i'm scared to mess with cause i personally am new to mac, my first one.

All the stuff in my itunes has cover art yet only some of it shows up in bowtie. Is there a certain way I'm supposed to add it onto songs for it to show up in bowtie, cause it all works in iTunes

Originally Posted by Antidope

Originally Posted by gunitg23

Could someone point me in the right direction to customize my MBP desktop ? 
 i.e. guides, icons, and do you guys still use candybar 
nerd.gif

bowtie for the little itunes widget that shows on the desktop with the album art

and that's about it

anything beyond that i'm scared to mess with cause i personally am new to mac, my first one.

All the stuff in my itunes has cover art yet only some of it shows up in bowtie. Is there a certain way I'm supposed to add it onto songs for it to show up in bowtie, cause it all works in iTunes
I add mine manually, I don't use right click > get album artwork

I don't know if that is the reason. That's all i can think of.

Anyone that was having the Wi-Fi troubles like I was, i fixed it. I have a linksys WRT54G router and the router/network crashing with lion is a known is a issues. This is what i did to fix it.

1.I recreated my entire network, my protection is now WPA-AES instead of WPA-TKIP. Not sure this is what changed it but my network hasn't crashed for like 3 days (knock on wood).
2. Changed my Routers channel from 6 to 7 (Pretty sure you can change into to any channel).

That should solve your problem, doing these two things solved my issues.

Looks like I'm a new member of team macbook pro. copped a 13" off ebay. will be in this thread regularly It was used so how do i make sure it's at its factory settings?

@StayLurkin the reason because there is a piece of paper is because the original file is deleted. it happened to be before you have to restore all icons.

@StayLurkin

In order to add pictures in to CandyBar, the picture must be in .incs format.

Download Img2Icns ; drag picture in and click the top right .icns and save it. Then find it in Candybar and drag it over your app.

Originally Posted by oidreez

Looks like I'm a new member of team macbook pro. copped a 13" off ebay. will be in this thread regularly It was used so how do i make sure it's at its factory settings?
You can either create a brand new administrator account and delete the account that is enabled with your macbook pro or do a complete erase and install of the OS. That is through the install DVDs that came with the CPU or through the Recovery HD if Lion 10.7 is installed.

so i downloaded that thing Img2icons and used for these dope Sneaker icons but it shows the background. How can i make it just be the shoe?

Planning on buying the 15 in MBP tomorrow, you guys have any suggestions on where to purchase? I was probably going to go to the Apple store, but does anyone have any other places that might have better warranties or prices? Is Applecare a must? I hear that Best Buy is a great place too because of the warranties, and other things so I might grab it from there. Anyone have any thoughts or advice? Looking forward to my new latpop! 

MB are dope no matter what. I have bought one from Apple and it broke.. Apple didn't do anything. Just recently grabbed one from Best Buy and the fan is really loud sometimes but I am not sure if it is because it is new. The warranty from best buy is actually really expense compared to Apple. 350 for 2 years, which is crazy, and it covers water damage and/or if you drop it.

Cliff Notes:
MB are cool.
Apple doesn't care.
Best Buy warranty is better but is more expensive.

and that's about it

I do the same. Still no good. I've gotten over it though

if you select all of your music and (make sure all the artist and albums are correct) click get album artwork it should work, singles you may have to get manually. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

if you select all of your music and (make sure all the artist and albums are correct) click get album artwork it should work, singles you may have to get manually. 
pimp.gif
This actually worked pretty well

currently have an alienware but its kind of annoying dragging it everywhere cuz its heavy and the battery is only like 3-4 hours topss

so i just ordered a mbp 13 with the i5 2.3 for 870 total

first step is to upgrade the hard drive and ram

anybody using a 1 tb hard drive?

i wanna upgrade to 8 gb ram. should i just use www.crucial.com?

anyone running bootcamp?
is the battery life good while they are using windows??

thanks in advance

Sooo, my candy bar just stopped working on me. Not that it
expired, it just won't let me "apply changes." Any fix for this?
Tried uninstalling by moving to trash, but still doesn't work.
Can't even find the .plist.

Mac fam, I have a fallen 2010 MacBook Pro. 
tired.gif

Woke up this morning and turned it on. Loaded a dim white screen and a few moments later, a grey folder icon with a "?" flashes. Took it to Apple and my hard drive is basically dead and I lost everything, as they said.

Anyone else experience this? Please tell me something good in terms of recovering all of my data.

It's never been dropped or abused. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ImStillMike

any news/details about t he ipad 3??
i need news on this and the new macs, i hope i dont have to wait until the summer

Back
Top Bottom