The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

My macbook pro is working fine after installing it from the app store. Definitely liking the new look of Yosemite

Last edited:
Installing Yosemite right now but it's taking forever. It seems to be stuck at 21 minutes. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: Just finished installing. I don't like the theme one bit. It's way too light for me. Wish there was a way to make it darker. :rolleyes

You can. It's in the settings somewhere. You can make the taskbar and dock darker.

I see what you're saying but I was hoping the actual window would be darker. For example the mail window looks grey but I prefer the look it had on mountain lion.

And I have no lag issues here either.

Last edited:
yosemite is quick for me. i notice a slight but noticeable improvement over mavericks. that being said my mbp is mid 2010 core 2 duo with nvidia gpu, so its slow compared to what your money can buy you today.

as a result, ive decided to go solid state. core 2 duo gives me a 10 hr max life on a fresh battery so solid state is only gonna be more energy efficient. prolly go 512GB samsung but waiting to see if black friday is the move...

where's the black friday thread at ? :nerd: its late this year..

I have a late 2008 MBP (the first unibody), and I noticed a speed improvement. I don't see as much RAM being trapped/lost as well. It seems like a big improvement over Mavricks. Honestly, the last really efficient OS that Mac released prior to this IMO was Snow Leopard.

I haven't noticed any slow-downs on my mid-'13 MBA. Haven't noticed any improvements either :lol:.

yosemite is quick for me. i notice a slight but noticeable improvement over mavericks. that being said my mbp is mid 2010 core 2 duo with nvidia gpu, so its slow compared to what your money can buy you today.

as a result, ive decided to go solid state. core 2 duo gives me a 10 hr max life on a fresh battery so solid state is only gonna be more energy efficient. prolly go 512GB samsung but waiting to see if black friday is the move...

where's the black friday thread at ? :nerd: its late this year..
Check this website out as we get closer to it:

http://bfads.net/

Anyone know of any desktop calanders that I can edit on the desktop?

Been looking for a while now and I dont want to sync with any of my other calenders. I just want to edit on the go while it stays on my desktop.

what web browser are you guys using?
chrome, sick of the pop-ups
indifferent.gif
 doe 

IDK, after Snow Leopard OS X feels so bloated. Going to try and install Yosemite from a clean install if possible.

Back
Top Bottom