The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

it's like 4AM but by tomorrow night i will host a zip of my dock icons, i won't leave you guys hanging don't worry...and it seems that the 36.99ram got pulled, hopefully everyone copped when they could have. two of my friends did in-store pickup and paid 40.41 out the door (already installed andworking perfectly), god i wish ddr3 was that cheap.

the facebook widget that you see is actually an Adium menu for Facebook chat...i still use iChat for AIM, but the facebook chat feature of adium is very clutchto have on the side...i highly recommend it, no more accidentally closing the browser in the middle of conversations.

Quick question

i just installed Windows via bootcamp, now how do i switch between the 2?

i restarted my mac but it goes straight to windows now

thanks

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Quick question

thanks
hold down option before start up and you will get an option.

i highly recommend getting VMware or parallels though, much more efficient.

pic of my firefox theme, if anyone cares...

ws36na.png

Originally Posted by Wear Rare Airs

Quick question

thanks

Thanks
but what is VMware and where do i get it

Is there anyway to maximize the Safari browser, or should i use another browser overall anyway?

i just a mac. in terms of security how should i set up my firewall? do i need an antivirus software? Thanks

Originally Posted by eddiee21

i just a mac. in terms of security how should i set up my firewall? do i need an antivirus software? Thanks

look into getting Norton Internet Security or Little Snitch.

So im gonna have to send the Mac in for repair. 2 days old and i already have to send it out....great stuff..

Quick question

thanks

You haven't even asked the guy what the primary use for Windows on his Mac is. So yourstatement of it being more efficient is premature. For PC games Bootcamp period. Yes I know Parallels is getting more support for that, but running Windowsnatively via bootcamp is still the best way to go.

I myself prefer bootcamp, it's free and you only have to pay for a full copy of windows if you don't already haveit. Plus it is Apple supported. And WIndows 7 already runs on it. But then again I play PC games on my MBP. If I didn't then possibly I would considerParalells or product like it.

Loving the new 2.8 Ghz MBP. The screen is awesome even though I'd still like a hi-res option, and thebattery does last pretty long with all of the radios operating. I do worry a little about the non-replaceable battery over time, but hey I'll cross thatbridge if/when I come to it.

I was going to sell my Unibody MacBook, but I'll keep it as my lite computer.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Quick question

thanks

You haven't even asked the guy what the primary use for Windows on his Mac is. So your statement of it being more efficient is premature. For PC games Bootcamp period. Yes I know Parallels is getting more support for that, but running Windows natively via bootcamp is still the best way to go.

I myself prefer bootcamp, it's free and you only have to pay for a full copy of windows if you don't already have it. Plus it is Apple supported. And WIndows 7 already runs on it. But then again I play PC games on my MBP. If I didn't then possibly I would consider Paralells or product like it.
gaming...nice...lol

Originally Posted by UNtroubled YOUTH

Originally Posted by MHT214

Is there anyway to maximize the Safari browser, or should i use another browser overall anyway?
download firefox 3.5, i personally don't care much for safari.
I've tried several times to get to grips with Safari but much prefer Firefox. Just personal preference though.

I just bought my 13" 2.26Ghz MBP yesterday and I have no clue what took me so long to switch over...

Setting it up was very very very easy. Within a minute or two I was already connected to the internet and everything.

I was pretty amazed with just the dashboard alone and the other widgets you can download. The best part is I havent even begun to get into all the other greatthings this machine has to offer.
Haven't installed the new hard drive yet so I dont wanna download to much stuff right now.. Once I learn the basics things will become a lot more easierthan they already are.

Quick question, when you're typing and you misspell a word, is there a feature where it'll correct itself? Also how do you add a tab on safari?

Back
Top Bottom