The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by knockboot36

Originally Posted by AIR Kamote23

Originally Posted by knockboot36

Anyone here use Aperture 2?

I do
How do you like it? I want to try my hand at photography, but am a beginner and don't know much about editing/enhancing images and etc.

I'm into photography but not into hardcore photo manipulation that you can do with Photoshop so I would say Aperture is enough for my needs. Aperture willbe a good start to learn or try iPhoto first.

Just wondering, if im in high school, i cant get the student discount at the apple store right?

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Just wondering, if im in high school, i cant get the student discount at the apple store right?

I think it depends on what high school you go to.. Go to the apple site and check if your school is on the list.

Anybody can get the student discount online.

Just go to the Education site and choose a university close to you and it'll take you to their site.

They don't check or anything

Just moved to the dark side
devil.gif

3685284696_a00ee07e57_o.jpg

WHAT ARE SOME MUST NEED APPS!!??? ALSO i need a GOOD easy program to get my music from my iphone to itunes? thanks

^That's dope. Is that the $900 one you were postin' about earlier?

My apps I use on the daily include Firefox, Adium, Photoshop, MS Office, Vuze, and Twitterific. Other essentials include Toast, Limewire, and AppZapper.

For music, when I first got my Mac way back when, I used an app called "Senuti" (iTunes backwards) to transfer music from my iPod to iTunes. Lookthat up.

Welcome to the family.
pimp.gif

No it's actually the new Macbook Pro. I decided if i was going to buy one, i might as well get a brand new one.
Thanks!
pimp.gif

Also if anyone knows where to get Photoshop, MSoffice for little to NO COST let me know

No it's actually the new Macbook Pro. I decided if i was going to buy one, i might as well get a brand new one.
Thanks!
pimp.gif

Also if anyone knows where to get Photoshop, MSoffice for little to NO COST let me know
wink.gif

Originally Posted by AgentArenas
Those icons on the left are cleeeeeeean. Anyone know where I can find some like that? I use deviantart but it's such a pain to look thru alltheir icon sets
ohwell.gif

How do you like the MBP so far? I'm really thinking about just buying it already. I don't know what im waiting for.

Originally Posted by UNtroubled YOUTH

^ congrats man, soon ur gonna hate having to use PCs @ school or friend's houses or wherever.
This is the truth. Switching to Mac from PC is like going from condoms to raw.
smh.gif
devil.gif
happy.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Rawk On

Originally Posted by UNtroubled YOUTH

^ congrats man, soon ur gonna hate having to use PCs @ school or friend's houses or wherever.
This is the truth. Switching to Mac from PC is like going from condoms to raw.
smh.gif
devil.gif
happy.gif
pimp.gif
you forgot to add...... MINUS the STD's!!!! literally!
roll.gif

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

Originally Posted by AgentArenas
Those icons on the left are cleeeeeeean. Anyone know where I can find some like that? I use deviantart but it's such a pain to look thru all their icon sets
ohwell.gif
check out Macthemes2.net homie....

after u register do a search on black set by VE

can someone recommend a hardshell case for the new MBP 13'? i haven't seen any decent ones except the one on eBay which i don't trust that much.

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

pimp.gif

Thanks

I have one more question to anyone who might know, I downloaded Growl and Little Snitch and no longer want them. I deleted Little Snitch but it stays on my topmenu bar, as does Growl. When I search for any other files to delete, they aren't there. What should I do?

pimp.gif

Thanks

I have one more question to anyone who might know, I downloaded Growl and Little Snitch and no longer want them. I deleted Little Snitch but it stays on my top menu bar, as does Growl. When I search for any other files to delete, they aren't there. What should I do?

for lil snitch... i believe u have to go back thru like ur installing it...... but choose uninstall...
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=362171

searching on the growl solution

pimp.gif

Thanks

I have one more question to anyone who might know, I downloaded Growl and Little Snitch and no longer want them. I deleted Little Snitch but it stays on my top menu bar, as does Growl. When I search for any other files to delete, they aren't there. What should I do?
removing growl! http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=355134

Anyone using toast 10 that can help download some extra dvd menus? is it even possible? any sites?

Back
Top Bottom