The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Okay so I bought my MBP a couple months ago and yesterday for the first time as I was surfing the net the rainbow swirl started popping up quite a bit, itsweird because I usually run a few pages at the same time with no problem until yesterday of course.
Do any of you more knowledgeable mac users have any info on what might be the problem?

Originally Posted by Jonbx5

anyone know if apple has any deals during black friday?

their store never does, and at best, apple will lower their prices by, say, $10 off the iPods, and maybe throw in some free iTunes cards with a purchase of $XX

has anyone had any issues with the colors on the macbook looking washed out? the lcd screen used to look pretty bright, but now the color seems to be kind ofdull. i checked the settings and everything seems normal. anyone have any ideas on what might be going on?

My macbook booted up today and I got the gray screen. FML.
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

I talked to apple support, and they got me to the screen that had the flashing folder. I put in snow leopard and as it was going through the process ofinstalling it wouldn't recognize my hard drive
smh.gif

The guy on the phone asked me if I wanted to reformat it and I told him I needed to recover some files...

So is there anyway I can recover my documents, pictures, music, etc. ? (Keep in mind my mac won't start up
tired.gif
)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Originally Posted by igotdemkickz21

Originally Posted by Jonbx5

anyone know if apple has any deals during black friday?

their store never does, and at best, apple will lower their prices by, say, $10 off the iPods, and maybe throw in some free iTunes cards with a purchase of $XX

I know right.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

so im about to purchase my new laptop and deciding on which model of macbook pros would be a good choice for me?

i am looking to use this laptop mainly for school, business and design. I am a business major and am looking to not only start up a business but also do some web design, high quality photo editing, high qualityvideos, clothing designs and the likes. I will be using all of adobe's design products (photoshop, illustrator,etc) and also some other video and photo editing apps. The usual word processing, spreadsheets, internet use, and email. I want to keep this clean of fluffand just the real school, business and design applications. My questions are, which model would do what i need^^without me wasting money on components that i wont use or wont miss? also hard drive space is real not necessary since i will be using a lot oflarger usb drives and external harddrives, would investing in a solid state drive be a good choice? but graphics, andthings like that are a must. i need the portability of a laptop or else id look at desktops...also is apple still giving freeipod touches with the purchase of a macbook pro or any other promotions like that?

i like the:

13.3" / 2.53GHz C2D / 4GB / 250GB HD / SuperDrive (4.5lbs) - $1330 im leaning towards this for the 13''
13.3" / 2.53GHz C2D / 4GB / 500GB HD / SuperDrive (4.5lbs) - $1458
13.3" / 2.53GHz C2D / 4GB / 128GB SSD / SuperDrive (4.5lbs) - $1629 is asolid state worth it?

or is it better to go up in size for not too much of a difference in price?

15.4" / 2.53GHz C2D / 4GB / 250GB HD / GF 9400M / SuperDrive (5.5lbs) - $1440 will this suit me just fine and i wont have to look to upgrade or lust for something better?
15.4" / 2.53GHz C2D / 4GB / 320GB HD @ 7200 rpm / GF 9400M / SuperDrive (5.5lbs) - $1520 is it worth $80 more for a faster hd?
15.4" / 2.66GHz C2D / 4GB / 320GB HD / GF 9400M + 9600M GT with 256MB VRAM / SuperDrive (5.5lbs) - $1665will i use the extras in this package or will i be wasting money? what exactly does + 9600MGT with 256MB VRAM give mecompared to just GF 9400M? is the extra .13GHz necessary or is that just to make up for the extra graphics components?

or is this worth the money?

15.4" / 2.66GHz C2D / 4GB / 500GB HD @ 7200 rpm / GF 9400M + 9600M GT with 256MB VRAM / SuperDrive (5.5lbs) - $1786 exactly how much better is this computer than say the other 3 15'' or even the13''?
15.4" / 2.8GHz C2D / 4GB / 500GB HD / GF 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB VRAM / SuperDrive (5.5lbs) - $1890does .14GHz and an extra 256MB VRAM make that much difference?

Whats the bestdeal?

the new macbook is weird... idk if i like it...guess it's better than the previous version however

i have safari for windows, and i would like to know how to post images in the topics. There is no "insert image" button for me to click on.

help?

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

i have safari for windows, and i would like to know how to post images in the topics. There is no "insert image" button for me to click on.

help?

do url.jpg[/ img]
leave out the blank between the / and img
like that

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

help?

do url.jpg[/ img]
leave out the blank between the / and img
like that
[/quote]

no comprende... break it down for me..

Just got a Macbook..the new joint..
smile.gif
im new to apple and kinda curious how you guys get those themes and icons...like the supreme and hundreds joints? anynewbie sites?

Just got a Macbook..the new joint..
smile.gif
im new to apple and kinda curious how you guys get those themes and icons...like the supreme and hundreds joints? anynewbie sites?

^ Look around this thread, like the last few pages, for all your customization needs.

Congrats
smokin.gif

no comprende... break it down for me..

Copy and paste the following: Insert URL Here [/ img]

Just insert the url where indicated and remove the space between the " / " and the " i "

help?

Go to your account preferences and change your settings to bbcode.

Originally Posted by ll K R E A M 15 ll

so im about to purchase my new laptop and deciding on which model of macbook pros would be a good choice for me?

i am looking to use this laptop mainly for school, business and design. I am a business major and am looking to not only start up a business but also do some web design, high quality photo editing, high quality videos, clothing designs and the likes. I will be using all of adobe's design products (photoshop, illustrator, etc) and also some other video and photo editing apps. The usual word processing, spreadsheets, internet use, and email. I want to keep this clean of fluff and just the real school, business and design applications. My questions are, which model would do what i need ^^without me wasting money on components that i wont use or wont miss? also hard drive space is real not necessary since i will be using a lot of larger usb drives and external harddrives, would investing in a solid state drive be a good choice? but graphics, and things like that are a must. i need the portability of a laptop or else id look at desktops...also is apple still giving free ipod touches with the purchase of a macbook pro or any other promotions like that?

i like the:

13.3" / 2.53GHz C2D / 4GB / 250GB HD / SuperDrive (4.5lbs) - $1330 im leaning towards this for the 13''
13.3" / 2.53GHz C2D / 4GB / 500GB HD / SuperDrive (4.5lbs) - $1458
13.3" / 2.53GHz C2D / 4GB / 128GB SSD / SuperDrive (4.5lbs) - $1629 is a solid state worth it?

or is it better to go up in size for not too much of a difference in price?

15.4" / 2.53GHz C2D / 4GB / 250GB HD / GF 9400M / SuperDrive (5.5lbs) - $1440 will this suit me just fine and i wont have to look to upgrade or lust for something better?
15.4" / 2.53GHz C2D / 4GB / 320GB HD @ 7200 rpm / GF 9400M / SuperDrive (5.5lbs) - $1520 is it worth $80 more for a faster hd?
15.4" / 2.66GHz C2D / 4GB / 320GB HD / GF 9400M + 9600M GT with 256MB VRAM / SuperDrive (5.5lbs) - $1665 will i use the extras in this package or will i be wasting money? what exactly does + 9600MGT with 256MB VRAM give me compared to just GF 9400M? is the extra .13GHz necessary or is that just to make up for the extra graphics components?

or is this worth the money?

15.4" / 2.66GHz C2D / 4GB / 500GB HD @ 7200 rpm / GF 9400M + 9600M GT with 256MB VRAM / SuperDrive (5.5lbs) - $1786 exactly how much better is this computer than say the other 3 15'' or even the 13''?
15.4" / 2.8GHz C2D / 4GB / 500GB HD / GF 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB VRAM / SuperDrive (5.5lbs) - $1890 does .14GHz and an extra 256MB VRAM make that much difference?

Whats the best deal?

anyone wanna give me their opinion or is this too much writing for NT
nerd.gif

I have a macbook pro and I was wondering, whats a good external hardrive ready out of the box to have? Willing to spend below $200 and looking for one with atleast 500gb of memory.

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

My macbook booted up today and I got the gray screen. FML.
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

I talked to apple support, and they got me to the screen that had the flashing folder. I put in snow leopard and as it was going through the process of installing it wouldn't recognize my hard drive
smh.gif

The guy on the phone asked me if I wanted to reformat it and I told him I needed to recover some files...

So is there anyway I can recover my documents, pictures, music, etc. ? (Keep in mind my mac won't start up
tired.gif
)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

i just dealt w/ this and my backup hard drive also broke ...
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

1 erase disk, run time machine if u have a backup

2 use disk utility and c if it mounts and run verify and repair disk ...

3 if it doesn't work which it sounds like it won't run ur macbook in target mode holding down T when it starts and hook up a firewire cable to anothermac... this will treat ur macbook as an external hard drive and u can copy ur files over, erase ur hard drive and install leopard or snow leopard and usemigration assistant after installation and delete the new user u created.

4 pay someone to do a data transfer
mad.gif
... if that doesn't work then uhave to do a data recovery if u really need ur stuff and u don't want to pay that

my mac reboooted too!, i was so mad, all my music was what hurt the most, but +%$% happens, my macintosh hd icon disappeared though, i tried google, butnothing, anyway to get it back?

Back
Top Bottom