The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Originally Posted by EZE JAY

Before i buy a macbook pro i have another quick question is the apple care really worth it, it would cost me 183 with my student discount. I heard they are pretty reliable, but anybody have any input?

100% get apple care. I have ad my motherboard replaced($600+), gone through 2 batteries, 1 charger, 2 fans and some other stuff over the 2 and half years of ownership on my Mac. Applecare is really carefree as well they will replace anything really no questions ask they are pretty good about everything.

Yes, Apple Care is a must.

Apple Care huh?

Well I have an issue with the trackpad on my macbook maybe you guys help me out with? It seems to be pushed down and stuck... it can still scroll arounddetect icons but it will not click because it is jammed. I came home from work yesterday and found it like that which I am pretty pissed about because it wasfine when I shut it down sunday night.
smh.gif
The onlylogical conclusion is someone may have stepped on it or did something to put enough pressure on it to jam the trackpad so it wont click back up. Any idea ofwhat I can do to fix myself, price to fix, price to replace the trackpad?

is there any sense in getting a late 2006 MacBook Pro 2.33 ghz versus the new 2.53 ghz mbp? they're not that different just that one's cheaper.

Originally Posted by Ratboy90

is there any sense in getting a late 2006 MacBook Pro 2.33 ghz versus the new 2.53 ghz mbp? they're not that different just that one's cheaper.

just wait till feb 2010 and get the new macbook pro's releasing. Just save up and buy a newwer model that will last you for a few years compared to the 06mac Pro which is 3-4 years old. Just my opinion, I hope it helped

Crazy question but how do I maximize a window without going to the bottom right corner and drag it?

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Want some speakers, preferibly Apple ones, for my Macbook? Any good ones out there?

I would recommend the Swans M10. Look up some reviews and check them out at audioinsider.com. Really good sound quality for the price. Or if you want monitorspeakers, check some M-Audio AV40's.

Crazy question but how do I maximize a window without going to the bottom right corner and drag it?
You rep a team sig and don't know how to maximize a window?
eyes.gif
Top left corner. Third button with the "plus" sign. If that doesn't work the first time, adjust the screen to your liking and thenpressing the button again to maximize.

Just ordered SL earlier today had to make a fake purchase date to order it but no biggie

i'm in the market for a macbook or macbook pro. if i just plan on using it for hw/school work and just to use the internet and all that, should i get apro?

Originally Posted by dkjordan23

hey guys, im scared as fudge at the moment.

I just started up my macbook, and instead of starting up automatically, it had me select my disk drive. after i clicked on the image of my disk drive, it proceeded to start up normally (did the little blue bar load up and everything). I don't have any other hard drive hooked up to my mac, so i dont know why it would ask me this. AM I IN TROUBLE? Someone please help
embarassed.gif

This happened to me before. The computer's ram chip was bad.

Originally Posted by Rae

Anyone try the TimeCapsule? Thinking about picking up the 1 TB

I have a 500gb one and its great. I have a printer hooked up to it and can print wirelessly I wish they had more usb ports on it thats my only complaint.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Want some speakers, preferibly Apple ones, for my Macbook? Any good ones out there?

I would recommend the Swans M10. Look up some reviews and check them out at audioinsider.com. Really good sound quality for the price. Or if you want monitor speakers, check some M-Audio AV40's.

You rep a team sig and don't know how to maximize a window?
eyes.gif
Top left corner. Third button with the "plus" sign. If that doesn't work the first time, adjust the screen to your liking and then pressing the button again to maximize.

I already know that, when I want to maximize a window I just want to click a button once or type a simple command.

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

Originally Posted by RedMan

jae oh en wrote:

victory. thanks for the weather codes.

May you post the OG wallpaper.

how do change the icons, example the nike box. And how do add the weather and date to ur background?

To change your icons use Candybar. You could change icons other ways but the easiest is to use Candybar.
As for the weather and date you gotta use Geektool for that. Its kinda confusing at first but once you get the hang of it it is not that hard.
PM me if you need help and ill walk you through it.

Originally Posted by SdotCAR619

i'm in the market for a macbook or macbook pro. if i just plan on using it for hw/school work and just to use the internet and all that, should i get a pro?

Depends if you want the unibody or not. If money is not a problem get the macbook pro, but if not go for the macbook. They both have similiar specs, but if iwere you i would just wait next year since they might release a new macbook with a different processor.

I just wanted to post to remind everyone to buy applecare with their Mac's.

My macbook pro to date, which I bought in August of 2007 has gone through

2 batteries-$150 each
1 top case- $600
2 fans - $200
1 logic board- $1800 - yes 1800 bones for a logic board!

also had some other work done on it which would have costed me another 300 bucks or so

I got my apple Care for free, but even at 300 bucks or whatever it is it is well worth it. Everyone has been replaced hassle free. I was kind of hoping I wouldget a whole new computer when my logic board died(happened to my friend) but I think they just replaced it.

Back
Top Bottom