The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

What are some good games for the Mac? I used to play a real cool FPS by NEXON but that was on PC. What do you guys play online?

Originally Posted by BrokeBallah

What are some good games for the Mac? I used to play a real cool FPS by NEXON but that was on PC. What do you guys play online?

the game market for macs isnt a great as on PCs, but theres this great Puzzle/Adventure game (kinda like Myst but more "fun") called Machinarium

Reminder:

Requesting, either explicitly or through the use of emoticons
nerd.gif
, illegal material is prohibited by our rules and will result in a ban.

I need some help. I purchased an Iomega ego 500gb for my mac. I formatted it to a Fat32, I uploaded a movie avi format to the hd, when I connect the hd to my ps3 nothing happens? What am I doing wrong?
It would be greatly appreciated if someone can help me

Wait so the Prices of the Current MBPs should be dropping soon? I`m looking at a Sony or Maybe a Mac, I don't do much on the comp, and I`d run parallels so I can do my Windows programming stuff for school

Originally Posted by esco1

I need some help. I purchased an Iomega ego 500gb for my mac. I formatted it to a Fat32, I uploaded a movie avi format to the hd, when I connect the hd to my ps3 nothing happens? What am I doing wrong?
It would be greatly appreciated if someone can help me

you have to click on it on the XMB and then choose like "Show All Content" or whatever that option is. Then all the things on that HD will be visibie and you can play them
Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Wait so the Prices of the Current MBPs should be dropping soon? I`m looking at a Sony or Maybe a Mac, I don't do much on the comp, and I`d run parallels so I can do my Windows programming stuff for school

New macs with Core i processors are pretty much guaranteed to be dropping soon. If you want a Mac and you can wait another week/month, you should. However, if you don't care about the new CPUs, the current gen models will drop in price, as they'll be clearanced out to make room for the new stock.

Ok Mac users I'm having an issue. I just downloaded Firefox since my schools Housing site requires it. So I've been trying to log in to my account and it requires that I don't use uppercase letters but my first attempt I made the mistake of doing 'GHigh1' and now everytime I type 'ghigh1' it automatically turns it into the caps edition no matter what I do. any idea how to reverse this?

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Ok Mac users I'm having an issue. I just downloaded Firefox since my schools Housing site requires it. So I've been trying to log in to my account and it requires that I don't use uppercase letters but my first attempt I made the mistake of doing 'GHigh1' and now everytime I type 'ghigh1' it automatically turns it into the caps edition no matter what I do. any idea how to reverse this?

have you cleared your cache and your autofill preferences?

I just bought the new macbook and I'm wondering what is the best case? I'm thinking more of a sleeve. Sorry if this has been asked before.

I don't want to read through all 241 pages, but I just copped a Macbook and now I'm looking for some must have programs...

I've already dl'ed VLC player, and Firefox. What else do I need?

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I don't want to read through all 241 pages, but I just copped a Macbook and now I'm looking for some must have programs...

I've already dl'ed VLC player, and Firefox. What else do I need?

It might help you if you did go through and read some of this, but must have programs cater to different needs. What one person may deem as a "need" is fluff to the next man. With that said:

Toast Titanium- disc burning
Handbrake- video conversion
Coversutra- iTunes desktop widget/ display
Adium- open-sourced IM client
Candybar-icon/desktop customization
iStatPro- system status widget
Cyberduck- FTP client
Microsoft Office 2008- 'nuff said
Paintbrush alternative to Paint
Senuti- Copies data from iPod to iTunes
Speed Download 5- Download accelerator
UnrarX- .rar file unarchiver
Transmission: lightweight bittorrent client

Both Opera and Chrome have beta versions of their browsers out as well.

Back
Top Bottom