The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by nocomment6

I hvae the 13" MBP and apparently it says 10 hours of battery life, but If I just watch a movie I only get about 6, doing nothing gets me 7.5 is this like this for everyone? Or is there something wrong with my battery?

Man be grateful you get atleast 6hrs, I have the 1st macbook aluminum from 08 I can get up to like 5hrs but really get 2hrs. It's also how you set the power management, and the the display brightness.

I also got some info, the Facebook pro 13. Might be getting another refresh, might be the i3 and i5 Intel processors. I work at best buy and i can see when a product will be in stock and when it will be discontinued or deleted from our system. Don't copp A 13 PRO TILL SEPT 1.

pics of some of those 27 inchers out there?

pls and thank you.
wink.gif

eye candy for the soul right there.

So my friend's girl let me use her Apple discount but she accidentally ordered me the regular MacBook instead of the MacBook Pro. If I brought it to the store without a receipt, would they let me exchange it and just pay the $200 difference to get the Pro? Or would they track the price through the serial number and only give me store credit for what I paid?

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Yes, yes you are. Why did you procastinate till the very end? You can buy squaretrade warranty if you want and apply accidental damage as well. That will probably be your best chance or call Apple and beg them.

****t slipped my mind its not because I didn't have money or anything like that it just simply slipped my mind, I am going to call apple and beg or demand they LET ME BUY it lol its not like Im asking them to give it to me!

Whats mr.steve jobs email?

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Yes, yes you are. Why did you procastinate till the very end? You can buy squaretrade warranty if you want and apply accidental damage as well. That will probably be your best chance or call Apple and beg them.

****t slipped my mind its not because I didn't have money or anything like that it just simply slipped my mind, I am going to call apple and beg or demand they LET ME BUY it lol its not like Im asking them to give it to me!

Whats mr.steve jobs email?

Alchemist, that sounds interesting, although I have to admit, that the I3 procesor, whihch the 13s would most likely get, if they do)although I think n september the new ipods will be the only things released) I was never too excited about the I3s, no hyperthreading and less performance, and only two virtual cores difference, now the I5 would be a big thing in the 13s but that would raise the price a lot.

And I used Handbrake to convert an avi file to a mp4. It still says the movie won't work on my iPod does anyone know what the issue could be ? Or is there a different app I could use to make it compatible?

Anyone know of an app that can locate AND delete duplicate files at the same time? (Namely .mp3's) I tried doing it manually through iTunes but it's taking forever and I have about 4,000 to go.

a quick question...somebody was trying to sell me some brand new macbook pros for $800...they were brand new, still in the box...my concern is that they are most likely hot (stolen)...i talked to my sister about it and she said they can track you down...is this true???

dacomeup use visualhub its probably the best, theres another program thats for free, cant remember the name though.

Yo guys, I just got me a brand new Macbook Pro '15 and was wondering what type of programs do Mac users usually dl.  Any helps appreciated, thanks

help me. I just changed my computer to another one that was being unused, and this "growler-like" popup has been showing up on my bottom left hand corner everytime the song would switch. Not really sure what program is doing it. Any of you have an idea? It's not growler itself. I want to turn it off, cuz it's friggin huge.
3145rv5.jpg

EDIT: Oh nm, i got it. It was from You Control Tunes.

I'm liking the new iTunes. When you double click the album art, and a window pops out with album art and controls now.

so my factory warranty is almost over.. im looking to buy apple care for my 15' mbp. I am debating on buying it on ebay for half the price or from apple.. b&h or bestbuy.

Has anyone bought applecare from ebay? Was it a smooth transaction? did you run into any trouble with apple?

any input would help.

Hello all, I've had a mac for a really long time but I am always switching browsers. I want to know what's the best mac browser so I can finally just stick to one..

Growler is a POS. i installed it and set it up for Mail.. but it got annoying. so i uninstalled it.. and now whenever my email fetches/RSS updates the whole program freezes.

Thats what I have been running the most lately and its my primary, but is it really the best option?

Originally Posted by ramho

so my factory warranty is almost over.. im looking to buy apple care for my 15' mbp. I am debating on buying it on ebay for half the price or from apple.. b&h or bestbuy.

Has anyone bought applecare from ebay? Was it a smooth transaction? did you run into any trouble with apple?

any input would help.
i bought my applecare from ebay  and have just entered into my final year with no issues.  Look at the sellers feedback to make sure theyre legit

Back
Top Bottom