The Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Thread Vol. Snake's Last Hurrah | It's Out | Don't Post Spoilers!

Intro:

mgs4logo7fo.gif

Release Date: 6/12/2008 (Simultaneously Worldwide)
Number of Player: 1 (Up to 16 online)
Developer: Konami / Kojima Production
Publisher: Konami
Genre: Action - Adventure / Stealtastic Shooter
MSRP: 59.99 / Limited Edition: 84.99
ESRB Rating: Mature 17+
(Blood, Violence, Crude Humor, Strong Language and Suggestive Themes)
Gamesite: http://www.konami.jp/mgs4/us/

Boxart:

North America:
92188195wk0.jpg

Europe:
86263954nk8.jpg

Japan:
70882336qb6.jpg

Limited Edition (North America):
97937593sj5.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Bundles:
[/color]

North America 80GB:
2401726269_cac26b7bcd.jpg

DUAL SHOCK 3 Controller
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots Game
Free PSN Game: PAIN
Price: 499.99
Availability: June 12th

Europe 40GB:
whiteps33.jpg

SIXAXIS Controller
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots Game
FREE PSN Game: PAIN
Price: 439.99 Euros
Availability: June 12th

North America 40GB (Limited Edition)
mgs-4-ps3-bundle-limited-edition.jpg

DUAL SHOCK 3 Controller
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots Game Limited Edition
DVD: Making of Metal Gear Solid 4
DVD: Hideo Kojima's Gene
Official MGS4 Soundtrack - Comes with 16 never-before-released pieces by game composers
Harry Gregson-Williams, Nobuko Toda, and Ennio Morricone.
Free PSN Game: PAIN
Price: 599.99
Availability: Only on Konami.com (they are accepting pre-orders while supplies last)

Info Concerning 80GB's:
The 80GB Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 bundle will be going to most retail outlets who will be getting around 15,000 units in the first shipment. Replenishments will be done according to a store's relationship with Sony, IE, does that store sell a lot of Sony products, games there. So it's not a 1 shipment only deal. Stores will be restocked with the 80GB PS3. I suspect stores like Best Buy will obviously get more stock.

As far as I am aware, the bundle will go on sale at midnight for the stores doing midnight launches. Also, GameStop/EB are running a really decent deal right now for those looking to upgrade. Trade in a PS2 with any extra controller and a memory card and get $80 toward the purchase of a PS3. I don't know how long this is running for, but it will at least go through June 8th.

If you want one of these PS3s on day 1, I suggest getting to the store early on the day it comes out.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Metal Gear Online:[/color]
176808-1.jpg

God knows why Konami are calling it a starter pack, it makes it sound like it's just a demo. The MGO that comes on the disc is a fully fledged online game.It has several maps (I think 7) plus several game modes (including the usual DM, TDM, capture missions and base missions +many modes specific to MGS characterseg. Sneak mode with Snake). It also has customizable characters, skill slots (a la perks in CoD4), customizable weapons. Not to mention matchmaking, serverselection screens and clan support. It is basically it's own game.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Solid Plot:[/color]
metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots--20080521004508441_640w.jpg

Set in 2014, five years after the "Big Shell Incident" (the events of the Plant chapter from Metal Gear Solid 2), Metal Gear Solid 4 portrays a worldwhere the restriction of military intervention on foreign soil has been eased, fueling the need for private military companies (PMCs) to fight proxy wars forbusiness purposes. Nanotechnology has become prominent, both to enhance the capabilities and enforce the loyalty of mercenaries. The nanos that are in the PMCsare called "Sons of the Patriots" or "SOP". The five largest of these PMCs (Which are named Praying Mantis, Otselotovaya Khvatka, Werewolf,Pieuvre Armement and Raven Sword) are owned by a single mother company named Outer Haven, which is operated by Liquid Ocelot. Amassing an army whose manpowerrivals that of the United States, Liquid prepares to launch an armed insurrection by taking control of SOP. Liquid will have the power to control all of thePMCs. With the world once again in crisis, a rapidly aging and disillusioned Solid Snake is deployed into the Middle East by Roy Campbell to terminate Liquid.Guns of the Patriots will take place in five locations, including the Middle East, South America and Eastern Europe.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]FOXHOUND Exit, Rat Patrol Team Enter:[/color]
metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots--20080521004525284_640w.jpg

The four members of FOXHOUND, also known as "Rat Patrol Team", are sent to investigate PMC activity. The team includes Meryl Silverburgh; Ed,Meryl's second-in-command; Jonathan, a hulking soldier; and Johnny, also known as "Akiba", the team's electronics expert. Meryl, Ed, andJonathan use the SOP (Sons Of the Patriots) system to share each other's senses via the nanomachine network inside their bodies. Meryl states that they areinvestigating PMC activity for the US Army CID. Ed and Jonathan are named after Ed Brown and Jonathan Ingram, the main characters of Hideo Kojima'sPolicenauts, from which Meryl also originally gained her name.

Liquid's Female Assassins:
91866278lj9.jpg

Four new bosses are also debuting in Guns of the Patriots: Crying Wolf, Raging Raven, Screaming Mantis, and Laughing Octopus, all members of The Beauty and theBeast Corps. Their animal names openly reference characters from Metal Gear Solid's FOXHOUND unit, and the emotions relating to the Cobra Unit from MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater. A close inspection of Screaming Mantis reveals two marionettes of previous MGS bosses: Psycho Mantis and The Sorrow, both of whomwere psychics. All four of them are women who suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder. The only way they can cope with the damage done to their minds is tobecome war machines. Their inner appearance is referred to as "Beauty", while their outer appearance is referred to as "Beast". Fourreal-life models were chosen for their in-game appearances as their "Beauty" side: Lyndall Jarvis, Scarlett Chorvat, Mieko Rye, and Yumi Kikuchi. TheEnglish dubbing for the characters is done by having the female voice actors perform the lines while Fred Tatasciore overdubs on top of the female voices,creating a split-voice effect for the characters.

Pictures:

52020307oo8.jpg

97014145dr3.jpg

30051356hq3.jpg

44015316en9.jpg

93544284vd6.jpg

89566686yc9.jpg

43663633su6.jpg

94981754uj3.jpg

15206105ri5.jpg

82124025qy2.jpg

32144694do8.jpg

67208003xy9.jpg

See the rest here.

Videos:

Snaaaaaaaakke:

MGS4 BlueTooth Headset (sold seprately)
pelican-metal-gear-solid-4-bluetooth-headset-20080514002351671-000.jpg

pelican-metal-gear-solid-4-bluetooth-headset-20080514002440655-000.jpg

pelican-metal-gear-solid-4-bluetooth-headset-20080514002426202-000.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Friendly Reminder:
[/color]

mgs_4_exclusive_ces.jpg
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]

[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I will be adding more to this post as the days comes...[/color]

The game and headsets are very appealing.

Now for someone who is new to the series; can someoen school me?

Plot, characters, the whole nine?

Originally Posted by areyouin729

you have no idea how pumped I am

this is the beginning of PS3's way back to the top

what are you going to play on your PS3 after you've beaten this crappy game?

Originally Posted by Mayor of NYC

roll.gif

stealth is the key remember guys
roll.gif
itll go by slow
nerd.gif

Not much talk about the game PAIN any info on that PM or something.

Metal Gear is set to be a great game, I'm getting impatient.

Whats good with the Assasins Cred tie in? Any significance to the game?

Is there still a pack with all of the MGS games being released?

I was thinking about getting an xbox 360 to play Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy, and God of War 3

can't wait. this joint is gonna be serious. but someone please refresh me...what's the diff between the regular version and the limited editionversion?

btw, props boost on continuously putting good work into threads time and time again.

Originally Posted by NinongBrown

i'm probably the only PS3 owner here that will actually pass on this.
damn, your missing out on one of the best games of 08
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

damn, your missing out on one of the best games of 08
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by Meangene44103

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
damn, can i live, its just my opinion, i didn't say it was wack or anything, i'm just not interested. it's not my steez.

Damn. TOTALLY forgot about this coming out in June. Thanks for the reminder Boost. Gotta pay the rest of my deposit at GS.

Needless to say, I'm amped.

I was thinking about getting an xbox 360 to play Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy, and God of War 3

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom