The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

tupac003 tupac003 I saw you post the LDO/CWO list in the group yday. Man I’m so happy for Chief Wallace, that’s my dawg! It’s funny though because if I get selected this year, I might roll over to 22 and take his billet since we have a Chief inbound from the ship in April. I know Don too, good ppl, he would’ve made Chief this year.

A few other cats I know picked up LDO or CWO too. A bos’n, AMDO, and Intel.

I only knew one guy. That's how I know I'm getting old in the Navy. These young cats are moving up fast. Lol

I just started at HSC 85. Reserve squadrons are different....lol but at least I don't deploy.

I only knew one guy. That's how I know I'm getting old in the Navy. These young cats are moving up fast. Lol

I just started at HSC 85. Reserve squadrons are different....lol but at least I don't deploy.
Maaannn I know you bs’ing!!! Lmao. 85 is legit. I was mad they closed down 84 over here. 85 does a lot of spec ops/expeditionary stuff too right?

Oh yeah I’m going to shoot my stuff over to you again this year if you don’t mind for a review.

Maaannn I know you bs’ing!!! Lmao. 85 is legit. I was mad they closed down 84 over here. 85 does a lot of spec ops/expeditionary stuff too right?

Oh yeah I’m going to shoot my stuff over to you again this year if you don’t mind for a review.

85 has issues though. They were going to stand down 84 and 85 but they changed it to keep 85. They had already gone down to 20% manning, switched birds out and just threw people in instead of fit fill. Things are coming around now but they had a death due to AO's not pulling CADS.

So it's coming around but we got a ways to go.

Calvin.r.pratt@navy.mil

85 has issues though. They were going to stand down 84 and 85 but they changed it to keep 85. They had already gone down to 20% manning, switched birds out and just threw people in instead of fit fill. Things are coming around now but they had a death due to AO's not pulling CADS.

So it's coming around but we got a ways to go.

Calvin.r.pratt@navy.mil
Whoa!!! I didn’t know about that. That’s unfortunate but definitely things should turn around for the better.

And bet! I’ll shoot my stuff over sometime next week, we’re starting CWTPI after coming off an MPA this week

I’m just curious. What’s the process to go LDO or CWO in the Navy?

Do young sailors have access to commissioning programs?

Here is the jist of it:
B22A3BDE-B7E2-4327-A0A8-3B2EB706F260.jpeg

5BF3B64A-C878-4A11-8C4C-3346F10512A2.jpeg

The great thing I can say about the Navy is there are a TON of commissioning programs for junior Sailors.

STA 21
OCS
DDS

There are so many options depending on what you qualify for. And they are constantly selecting.

Wow. The Navy program requires more TIS and/or rank then the Army/Marines.

Would it make more sense for a young sailor (first contract) to pursue a commissioning program if they know they’re in it long term?

Wow. The Navy program requires more TIS and/or rank then the Army/Marines.

Would it make more sense for a young sailor (first contract) to pursue a commissioning program if they know they’re in it long term?

That's just for CWO LDO. STA 21 you can be E3 and below.

And we just established WO1s again for the cyber field. You can be E5 for that program.

You guys have cyber? Thought it was CTs? Which do EW, DCO and OCO.

So selection to CWO means CWO2 for a chief and higher?

You guys have cyber? Thought it was CTs? Which do EW, DCO and OCO.

So selection to CWO means CWO2 for a chief and higher?

Yes we have Cyber. CT, IT's and a few other rates can go for cyber. I don't know for sure as an air guy but the instruction states who can do what (kind of)

I didn’t know that. I was with 10th Fleet for a few months on a project. At the time, it just seemed like they were using CTs to fill the cyber teams.

But that’s cool

I have anxiety pretty bad could that get you removed from active duty?
Yes and no. It’s a lot of work but it’s done all the time. Most are just medical discharged and not medical retirement (2 different things).
Bro sounds like you are having a rough time. First and foremost thing you need to do is go on unemployment so that you have some bread.

That’s a good question. Who knows how they’re going to handle IA’s. I’m suppose to deploy this month and I doubt I’m going now with the 60 day ban but I haven’t been to work all week to get any updates.

I’m really concerned as to how they’re going to handle selection boards. The deadline to submit LTBs hasn’t changed but I’m sure the board convene dates won’t line up. It’ll be interesting as to how THAT is handled. I feel like a lot is going to get rushed now.

Yea I was suppose to leave for FT Eustis tommorow. Not happening.... might be until late may FML

I’m still going to submit my LTB/Package as normal for Senior Chief on time, maybe sooner, but I’m on a list of IA candidates for an IA this summer, I ain’t trying to go, I just got back from 3 straight years, 2 of which we’re forward deployed in Bahrain, haven’t even been in America a whole 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom