The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

I say that because the department of the Navy has been horrible with diversity at the top.

The airforce has been doing it right. So I'm not surprised to see someone qualified passed over 3 times.

These are the type of lies recruiters tell. I was a single O-3 living in the Bay Area, getting the highest BAH rate in the country, and I didn't make this much money.

This is how you end up with disgruntled military members who are who are angry and bitter for their entire four or five year commitment. Imagine enlisting and thinking you'll be making close to $120k only to be stuck living in the barracks in Fort Riley making $30k

Last edited:
SRB? Is that a bonus?

Also what are your services doing for PT tests and weigh in?

USMC just said it’s on like donkey Kong today despite COVID still being a thing.

An SRB is Selective Reenlistment Bonus, Selective Retention Bonus etc. Pretty much the same thing. Usually it’s given to enlisted ratings/MOS’/AFCS’ that are critical. More times than not, it’s for a **** job, so there’s a reason why they’re coughing up the money.

If Uncle Sugar is offering you something, it’s usually because they’re critical like the above or it’s in their own best interest. They typically don’t offer up out of the kindness of their heart lol

Wow.That Navy cat making admiral pay lol.

Navy only has to do their PRTs in the winter/spring? Or is it a semi annual thing?

Im just pissed we have to do combat fitness tests. The first event is a sprint with folks close to each other. And then there’s a movement under fire where you have to drag and fireman’s carry someone. They could easily just waive it for this second half and see how things turn out early next year.

The gyms on our bases in SD are open. One hour max.

I believe the spring cycle won't count. If I read that right.

But they need to open the gyms. Worst part SD gym still close but other navy installation gyms are open.

They’re waiving 2021 spring also?! Geez

I wonder how will all these BCA/PFA waivers affect CPO selectees. Aren’t selectees required to do a BCA/PFA?

I wonder how will all these BCA/PFA waivers affect CPO selectees. Aren’t selectees required to do a BCA/PFA?

So....for all the LDO/CWO folks that are getting commissioned, a BCA and PRT is required and they are still completing them.

You make Chief, you will perform a BCA/PRT....

So....for all the LDO/CWO folks that are getting commissioned, a BCA and PRT is required and they are still completing them.

You make Chief, you will perform a BCA/PRT....
Bet! And after this MPA inspection I’ll hit the P.O. I sent you a pic not sure if you got it.

I wonder who came up with this and why? Sit ups were just fine. I really don't like planks but had to train for it since I knew they were coming.

Planks are difficult for those sailors who only PT twice a year if you know what I mean. Hell they are difficult for anyone who dosent workout their core specifically for real.

The scoring for planks starts at the 1 min mark and the max is 3 min. I'll give em a 1.5 min. Lol
Our max is 4.5 minutes. But we are your sisters lol.

Things have changed significantly since I joined. For the better I suppose. Combat Fitness Tests. More pull ups on our PFTs. Running around during our rifle range.

I wish they’d put a lil more emphasis on education like the other services. Air Force Community College. And then incentivizing bachelors and masters in promotion (in addition to PME).

Back
Top Bottom