The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Originally Posted by civickid96

Fox5Kobe: If you're willing to put yourself through a lifestyle change and want something new, I would look into it.

Everyone here who's in can all agree, the military will take care of you as long as you allow it to.

If the military life similar to college or a boring lifestyle?

Fox5Kobe: If you're willing to put yourself through a lifestyle change and want something new, I would look into it.

Everyone here who's in can all agree, the military will take care of you as long as you allow it to.

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

I know my experience (Marines) definitely wasnt boring.  But the lifestyle you live also depends on your MOS.  Im an infantryman, so I spent alot of times hiking and sleeping in the $*+!%$$#%@%%@ woods.  As far as living arrangements I guess the barracks can be comparable to a dorm lifestyle
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjob1/a/navyjobs.htm

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjobs/tp/armyenlistedjobs.htm

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/airforceenlistedjobs/a/afjobs.htm

Those are the best sites to figure out what MOS (or Rate in the Navy) that you would want to do.  You will enjoy your time in the military if you put yourself in a position to do something that you are interested in

I know my experience (Marines) definitely wasnt boring.  But the lifestyle you live also depends on your MOS.  Im an infantryman, so I spent alot of times hiking and sleeping in the $*+!%$$#%@%%@ woods.  As far as living arrangements I guess the barracks can be comparable to a dorm lifestyle
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjob1/a/navyjobs.htm

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjobs/tp/armyenlistedjobs.htm

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/airforceenlistedjobs/a/afjobs.htm

Those are the best sites to figure out what MOS (or Rate in the Navy) that you would want to do.  You will enjoy your time in the military if you put yourself in a position to do something that you are interested in

my friend is an E-2 stationed at Quantico (Marines) and his barracks were styled like my sophomore year dorm. Its suit style where they share a bathroom. he also used to leave on the weekends on liberty and go wherever.

my friend is an E-2 stationed at Quantico (Marines) and his barracks were styled like my sophomore year dorm. Its suit style where they share a bathroom. he also used to leave on the weekends on liberty and go wherever.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

Ok it needs to be said that Quantico is NOTHING like the rest of the Marine Corps lol.  Quantico is like the Hilton of the Marine Corps.  I've lived in some pretty nice barracks since I've been in the Marines, and I've also lived in some #%!% holes, but none of them are anything compared to Quantico.  But you get to go out when you're off work and do whatever you want (aside from drugs and stuff like that obviously).  The best part of being the military to me is the opportunity to live in another part of the country.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

Ok it needs to be said that Quantico is NOTHING like the rest of the Marine Corps lol.  Quantico is like the Hilton of the Marine Corps.  I've lived in some pretty nice barracks since I've been in the Marines, and I've also lived in some #%!% holes, but none of them are anything compared to Quantico.  But you get to go out when you're off work and do whatever you want (aside from drugs and stuff like that obviously).  The best part of being the military to me is the opportunity to live in another part of the country.

Just asked my pops what he thought about the Air Force, and dude sounded happy as heck, was telling me go see a recruiter ASAP lol

I think this may be the move, I`m thinking I`m going to just take a part time job and move back home to Atlanta, to have time to prep and get ready for this.

Just asked my pops what he thought about the Air Force, and dude sounded happy as heck, was telling me go see a recruiter ASAP lol

I think this may be the move, I`m thinking I`m going to just take a part time job and move back home to Atlanta, to have time to prep and get ready for this.

If any of you are interested in the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) within the Army, let me know. It's basically enlisting into the Army to get experience and doing ROTC at a university you attend.

I'm a cadet at the ARMY ROTC program at one of the Universities in California, set to commission this June as a Medical Service Officer. During the year, I drill one weekend a month with my Army Reserve Unit. School paid for and cash in my pocket.

If any of you are interested in the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) within the Army, let me know. It's basically enlisting into the Army to get experience and doing ROTC at a university you attend.

I'm a cadet at the ARMY ROTC program at one of the Universities in California, set to commission this June as a Medical Service Officer. During the year, I drill one weekend a month with my Army Reserve Unit. School paid for and cash in my pocket.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

You going reserves or active duty bro?

Originally Posted by Sweettooth 17

I was looking to do active duty, I wanna go in as an Officer, being that I got my degree in Computer Info Systems last May

Originally Posted by Sweettooth 17

I was looking to do active duty, I wanna go in as an Officer, being that I got my degree in Computer Info Systems last May

Talk to recruiter before making moves. I had the same interests as you...wanted to be air force but they were only looking for nurses and docs. Nothing cyber or info. Hopefully things have changed and you can get into the chair force... :smile:

Talk to recruiter before making moves. I had the same interests as you...wanted to be air force but they were only looking for nurses and docs. Nothing cyber or info. Hopefully things have changed and you can get into the chair force... :smile:

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

hey I sent you a PM earlier 

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

hey I sent you a PM earlier 

What about the ANG and taking the AFOQT? I have a degree and was looking into it for the exp and the extra side money from drill pay

What about the ANG and taking the AFOQT? I have a degree and was looking into it for the exp and the extra side money from drill pay

Back
Top Bottom