The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Oh ok well see that pretty similar to what happened in my unit, Security Forces, and the commander ultimately has your fate in your hands. CC's will make recommendations to AFPC regarding what Airmen should be retained or not. For us, he is looking at EPR's, PT, CCAF and if you are operating at the level commensurate with your grade. for example, as a SSgt, are there A1C's and SrA's doing what you do.

Overall if your record and work performance is on point, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Have faith

i'm Security Forces too, but having bad supervisor kinda screwed me over, my last 2 EPR's was a 4. :smh: . only thing i have negative going for me is that though, never got paper work or anything. so guess i'll see
Seeing that your SF, man nearly everyone in our career field will be meeting the board since our career field is in an overage.

You should be good as long are you are not on a control roster or have a UIF

I was at Osan in 2012, lmk if you have questions.

Anyways my EQUALs Overseas listing came out........not much choices for me man Korea, Italy, Turkey or Diego Garcia..............i know Italy seems like a no brainer but its a PRP base

im thinkin bout going active Guard/reserve also

I'm hoping to get to Osan at some point. My EQUALS listing had Korea, Portugal, and England. I need something to come through. I've been in Virginia for too long.

Yo, I am trying to join the air force, Im 23, going to graduate college with a mathematics degree. I was wondering if aynone was willing to message me and give me some details about the air force. Im hoping to go officer route but was told that it was hard to get in, how much of a mistake would it be for me if they wouldnt let me in through officer route and signing up as an enlisted

Yo, I am trying to join the air force, Im 23, going to graduate college with a mathematics degree. I was wondering if aynone was willing to message me and give me some details about the air force. Im hoping to go officer route but was told that it was hard to get in, how much of a mistake would it be for me if they wouldnt let me in through officer route and signing up as an enlisted
Just go ROTC while you are in grad school for 2 years.
Are you all active? Any Guard?
It is a mix in here

Last edited:
How is that GS life? I'm looking to get out soon and I might try to come back as a GS.

It is great. I was a 25B in the army before I left and now, I do the same darn thing except as a civilian. I am in charge of maintaining network and basically the command team comes to me when anything goes wrong. Kinda like a help desk/admin job rolled into one.

Still continuing civil service as well as getting the same benefits and access to bases. If anything, get your foot in the door and from there, the potential can be endless.

I just did a voluntary separation and just got honorable discharged today from active duty army ...

Glad to be out!!

Last edited:
I was at Osan in 2012, lmk if you have questions.

Anyways my EQUALs Overseas listing came out........not much choices for me man Korea, Italy, Turkey or Diego Garcia..............i know Italy seems like a no brainer but its a PRP base

im thinkin bout going active Guard/reserve also

Lucky, I always wanted to hit Diego Garcia...incredibly beautiful.

Wouldn't be a mistake at all. Gi bill will pay 37000 toward that degree you already have. Tuition assistance will have you going to school free while you're in. Since you are a little older with a degree, you'll most likely be living off base right when you come in. With housing allowance, food allowance, medical, cola(if stationed overseas). You'll be making the equivalent of almost 50k off the jump. That will only increase the longer you stay in. Not to mention you travel. I came frsh out of high school, no college' making the equivalent of 40k and living in Europe, been to 6 countries and counting and I'm only 21. It's a smart move:smokin

En route to the Air Force recruiter's office now...never thought I'd be doing this, but **** it, something's gotta shake.

Wouldn't be a mistake at all. Gi bill will pay 37000 toward that degree you already have. Tuition assistance will have you going to school free while you're in. Since you are a little older with a degree, you'll most likely be living off base right when you come in. With housing allowance, food allowance, medical, cola(if stationed overseas). You'll be making the equivalent of almost 50k off the jump. That will only increase the longer you stay in. Not to mention you travel. I came frsh out of high school, no college' making the equivalent of 40k and living in Europe, been to 6 countries and counting and I'm only 21. It's a smart move:smokin
Age has nothing to do with being stuck in the dorms or not, and I guarantee if he enlisted he'd get put straight in the dorms on base until he A) Hits 3 years TIS as SrA or B) Gets married. Of course their are special circumstances like the dorms being too packed and being allowed to move off base sooner, but that's relatively uncommon and even then they go by who been in the dorms the longest. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom