The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Well, my daughter's mother and I are aren't together anymore hence why its unaccompanied orders.

I try to make the best out of every situation (probably the only reason why I'm still in the Marines). Hopefully, I can complete my Master's while I'm there.

Spiderjericho....... It may not seem like it now.......

BUT THE MARINES Are the highest regarded BRANCH of service..... people from the French Foreign legion often leave to become apart of the MARINES

And you have cool uniforms.... Take pride in your uniform, and your service.... there's millions that would kill to be in your boots / shoes.

I used to stay on the flightline in some Creased to death BDU pants, and Shiny Boots......... My Shop Supervisor used to make an example out of me...... He'd say......

Look at this guy (ME) He just looks like he knows what he's doing.........LOL!!!!

Cant get rich? Look at lets say an 0-5 with 20 years in? Basic pay. That doesn't include BAH or any other pay. Thats Rich to me.

Some people do join for the money though. I was 24 on my first deployment and made $80,000(tax free) that year as an E-5. Forget making more than my boys back home; I pulled in more than their parents. It really all depends on your Rate/MOS. If you're an E-2 chipping paint, you still make as much as a first year teacher(sad but true). However, if you do Nuke, intel, or SPEC-OPS you're getting extra like dive pay, jump pay, HDP, etc(for SPEC-OPS)... I don't even wanna go into the ridiculous amount of perks and money Officers make. But they are definitely held to a much higher standard. I'll end with this. The experience, travel, friendships, and college opportunities heavily outweigh the paycheck. I did my entire masters in the Navy and didn't pay a single cent. My child will be getting my GI bill, so thats another thing not to worry about.

My bad for quoting something from awhile back but what you mentioned about Intel interested me. I'm currently waiting to be shipped off to basic and I'm doing Intel for the ANG. My recruiter really pushed me towards it and I'm just wondering what are some of the benefits of Intel? I did my research but I would also love if you guys would let me know more about it.

Also: I've smoked weed in the past but I haven't done so in almost a year and was never a frequent smoker to begin wit . I told my recruiter that I never smoked before and I'm kind of concerned about the top security clearance. Any advice?

Tomorrow really needs to be a good damn day. This is my 4th time up for Chief. I don't know what else I would need to do, but I really need tomorrow to be it, I'm too tired to fight the fight again. I will, but damn I'm tired.

Tomorrow really needs to be a good damn day. This is my 4th time up for Chief. I don't know what else I would need to do, but I really need tomorrow to be it, I'm too tired to fight the fight again. I will, but damn I'm tired.

1100 EST command triad release tomorrow. we are mustering all the SBE PO1s at 1300 over here. good luck to you.

Last edited:
Good look to you. I know this is stressful, but breathe through it. You have subordinates that are watching you and they need you to be strong through whatever.

What's the word fam?

Not this year for the kid. So I have to start all the way over again, and I'm legit salty about it fam.

Sorry, brah. That's gotta suck and be stressful. Wish you the best in getting that anchor next year.

I've got one coworker who got selected for Army warrant. The requirements are way easier than Marine Corps warrant. Almost, half tempted to submit it for the lulz.

Not this year for the kid. So I have to start all the way over again, and I'm legit salty about it fam.
Dang sorry to hear that fam. Don't say you have to start all the way over when you're right there, it's maybe something you overlooked in your package. Did you get a senior YN to review it? Like Matt said, you've completed most of everything on the pre-cept? BPME, PPME, even JPME. Got your MOVSM? College?

My AWS1's package got invalidated by BUPERS, he's super pissed. Won SOY last year and has all his checks in the block, smh.

It's crazy because a lot of first timers picked up CPO this year, couple of my AD homies and my boy who's an AM (7 and a half year CPO).

Again fam you know what you gotta do now, grind it out even harder even tho you're right there. Stay up!

That's one thing that I've never done is submit a CSS. At this point all cards are on the table, I've done the PMEs. I'm going to submit the MOVSM write up because I have a good amount of that. I completed my B.A. back in 08 so I don't if I will pursue anymore college, but I'll likely take some crap class or CLEP out of stuff. I'm going to probably try to take a few days of leave because I have almost 85 so I don't want to lose any of those days, by the time I come back I'll be in my window for orders and I'm going to try to go Mobile Security out of Bahrain, but at this point I'll go anywhere.

That's one thing that I've never done is submit a CSS. At this point all cards are on the table, I've done the PMEs. I'm going to submit the MOVSM write up because I have a good amount of that. I completed my B.A. back in 08 so I don't if I will pursue anymore college, but I'll likely take some crap class or CLEP out of stuff. I'm going to probably try to take a few days of leave because I have almost 85 so I don't want to lose any of those days, by the time I come back I'll be in my window for orders and I'm going to try to go Mobile Security out of Bahrain, but at this point I'll go anywhere.
Definitely do that.

And if you get orders to NSA Bahrain hit me up, I'll be there in April next year.

Any active Army Drill SGTs in here? I'm in the class now with about 2 weeks left.
Not this guy, but I salute you fam because for one, you're from the hometown, and two, that job seems hard as hell. It takes a special person to do that. I'm in the Navy and we had RDCs(Recruit Division Commanders) and their job sucked. They barely got to go home, and this is just the Navy, I can't even imagine what the Army Drill SGTs have to sacrifice. You got my respect fam, and keep pushing because from I understand it is a very rewarding job.

Any active Army Drill SGTs in here? I'm in the class now with about 2 weeks left.
Not this guy, but I salute you fam because for one, you're from the hometown, and two, that job seems hard as hell. It takes a special person to do that. I'm in the Navy and we had RDCs(Recruit Division Commanders) and their job sucked. They barely got to go home, and this is just the Navy, I can't even imagine what the Army Drill SGTs have to sacrifice. You got my respect fam, and keep pushing because from I understand it is a very rewarding job.
Thanks man!!

I keep hearing different things. I'm going to be at Ft. Benning (Columbus), GA and so far it seems like they get fairly decent breaks. Most people say as long as you work as a team with your counterparts, it'll be a lot easier.

Thanks man!!

I keep hearing different things. I'm going to be at Ft. Benning (Columbus), GA and so far it seems like they get fairly decent breaks. Most people say as long as you work as a team with your counterparts, it'll be a lot easier.
I remember living in there when my dad was stationed there in the late 80s, not a bad town, just stay off of Victory Drive.

I lived at Benning when my pops was stationed there and also went to basic there. I'm just ready for a change. I grew up at Hood and was stationed there right out of AIT. 6 years in and just now getting my second duty station :smh:

I know that feeling. I've been in over 6 years and have been at Langley the entire time. Just got my first deployment this year. Finally going to Korea in January next year.

Marine Corps only allows you to stay on a base by changing units every three years and then it all depends on the manpower person's discretion.

I've been at MacDill for three years and would love to stay another three years. Instead, lol, I'm in an empty house waiting to go overseas next week.

Back
Top Bottom