The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Im about to take my asvab next month for the air force. Trying to be a biomedical tech.

Im about to take my asvab next month for the air force. Trying to be a biomedical tech.

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

The only thing I haven't done is the interview.
interviews arent mandatory. and you should have had your package submitted anyways. check out www.navyocs.com

like i said they just had an intel board. so im not sure when the next one will be especially with budget cuts
frown.gif
do you know anything about the next supply corps board?

I'll see what I can find out for you.

The only thing I haven't done is the interview.
interviews arent mandatory. and you should have had your package submitted anyways. check out www.navyocs.com

like i said they just had an intel board. so im not sure when the next one will be especially with budget cuts
frown.gif

frown.gif

To be completely honest this entire process is becoming a bit of a hassle. I'm having to rely on rumors because no one (including my recruiter) has any solid information. When I first entered the recruitment office I asked him how long it would take from the time I take the OAR/ASTB til when I go to OCS. He told me it was usually 6 to 8 months. It's been a number of months since I took the test got, wrote the essay and got my recs in etc and I still have no solid info and my recruiter isn't keeping me updated. I took the OAR in February and have had my package completed for months now and I now I'm hearing it'll be November before they even look at my application and god knows how long before I'd have an opportunity to go to OCS (I've heard that they're backed up for close to a year with OCS classes). My biggest fear is that I find out they're not having a supply board until late next year or something like that. I was hoping to be at OCS before the end of the year. If this ends up dragging on for the next 2-3 years then I might have to just give up on the idea altogether 

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

anybody on here in the AF as a 3D1X1 or client systems? wanted to know what yall day to day activities are like

trynna get an IT gig that ll translate well to the civilian sector

anyone? doesnt have to be in the AF but any IT related field

frown.gif

To be completely honest this entire process is becoming a bit of a hassle. I'm having to rely on rumors because no one (including my recruiter) has any solid information. When I first entered the recruitment office I asked him how long it would take from the time I take the OAR/ASTB til when I go to OCS. He told me it was usually 6 to 8 months. It's been a number of months since I took the test got, wrote the essay and got my recs in etc and I still have no solid info and my recruiter isn't keeping me updated. I took the OAR in February and have had my package completed for months now and I now I'm hearing it'll be November before they even look at my application and god knows how long before I'd have an opportunity to go to OCS (I've heard that they're backed up for close to a year with OCS classes). My biggest fear is that I find out they're not having a supply board until late next year or something like that. I was hoping to be at OCS before the end of the year. If this ends up dragging on for the next 2-3 years then I might have to just give up on the idea altogether 

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

anybody on here in the AF as a 3D1X1 or client systems? wanted to know what yall day to day activities are like

trynna get an IT gig that ll translate well to the civilian sector

anyone? doesnt have to be in the AF but any IT related field

Originally Posted by Kash Money23

Originally Posted by High Altitude

Air Force representing!! im at my tech school at sheppard afb f-16 crew chief

That sucks, bro. You're going to hate your job.
not really i picked this job good job if i get out and dont re enlist but my first duty station will be in Germany so im good 
pimp.gif

Good job? roflCrew chiefs are completely unnecessary these days. You're going to have fun doing inspections all day every day at your first duty station.

Originally Posted by High Altitude

Air Force representing!! im at my tech school at sheppard afb f-16 crew chief

That sucks, bro. You're going to hate your job.
not really i picked this job good job if i get out and dont re enlist but my first duty station will be in Germany so im good 
pimp.gif

Good job? roflCrew chiefs are completely unnecessary these days. You're going to have fun doing inspections all day every day at your first duty station.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

eddiehouse5 wrote:
I'm thinking of joining the Air Force. I have an AA, so what should I know?

Not sure what your degree is in, but with a associate degree you can enlist active duty and get your rank faster with already having school you will make E4 faster than someone without it.
You can also transfer your credits over and get a CCAF degree in your career field
If you join finish your degree its free, then if you dont like it you can get out with a BA

If he enlists with an AA he will go straight to E3 but someone who enlists for 6 years will go in as an E1. But here's the thing. When that second person makes E3 their date of rank will be the day they graduated basic. So in reality the person with the AA will only be ahead of them in rank by 2 months later on. So then if the second person makes BTZ he can make E4 ahead of the person who went in as an E3.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

eddiehouse5 wrote:
I'm thinking of joining the Air Force. I have an AA, so what should I know?

Not sure what your degree is in, but with a associate degree you can enlist active duty and get your rank faster with already having school you will make E4 faster than someone without it.
You can also transfer your credits over and get a CCAF degree in your career field
If you join finish your degree its free, then if you dont like it you can get out with a BA

If he enlists with an AA he will go straight to E3 but someone who enlists for 6 years will go in as an E1. But here's the thing. When that second person makes E3 their date of rank will be the day they graduated basic. So in reality the person with the AA will only be ahead of them in rank by 2 months later on. So then if the second person makes BTZ he can make E4 ahead of the person who went in as an E3.

Not to sound rude...but if you don't have the patience then you should look into something else. The process is really only for those who really want it and will take the necessary measures to get it. October will have been a year that I have been doing this. Unless your medical or trying to be pilot...I don't see you getting out of here but before the year is up. Especially as officer...and for any branch at that. Unless you enlist. The tables have turned and the military doesn't need us anymore...we need them now. So they have the right to be picky and to minimize the amount of positions they want to fill. It's like a regular job.To me it sounds like you have some soul searching to do so you can decide what you want out of life. Also to see where you see yourself in five years.

Not to sound rude...but if you don't have the patience then you should look into something else. The process is really only for those who really want it and will take the necessary measures to get it. October will have been a year that I have been doing this. Unless your medical or trying to be pilot...I don't see you getting out of here but before the year is up. Especially as officer...and for any branch at that. Unless you enlist. The tables have turned and the military doesn't need us anymore...we need them now. So they have the right to be picky and to minimize the amount of positions they want to fill. It's like a regular job.To me it sounds like you have some soul searching to do so you can decide what you want out of life. Also to see where you see yourself in five years.

I'm willing to wait, I just had no idea it would take this long. My resolve is still strong but the wait is just crazy. What are you applying for?

I'm willing to wait, I just had no idea it would take this long. My resolve is still strong but the wait is just crazy. What are you applying for?

Originally cyberwarfare with Intel and swo as back up.
I got pro recd for iw. I have been blessed to say the least.
Having a great recruiter helps as well.

My recruiter is a really good guy but he doesn't keep me in the loop and its a bit frustrating. Since the Spring whenever I call him he always tell me, "I'm hearing rumors about them having boards in <insert month from now>." I get my hopes up only to have them dashed. 

Back
Top Bottom