The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Originally Posted by SoleKid

RTC is coming fast! I'm ready it.

side note: My brother (Marine) and his unit just left to Korea

Is he with 3/1 or 1/4 by any chance?

Originally Posted by SnkrFrk

Headed to Kuwait in Jan, any NTers been?

ARMY btw..

Kuwait is the hottest place on earth. Expect 130 degrees daily. But the army base there is dope. The army has it too goodIm a marine btw

ARMY btw..

Kuwait is the hottest place on earth. Expect 130 degrees daily. But the army base there is dope. The army has it too goodIm a marine btw

ughhhhhhhhhhhhh the Navy PAO board review (scheduled for last month) was cancelled the week of. The PAO community is tiny and board reviews don't pop up often (once a year, if even).

Now I'm in a position to where I have decide if I want to try to pursue Reserves as a PAO, another branch, or just try to wait another board review out. Damn.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhh the Navy PAO board review (scheduled for last month) was cancelled the week of. The PAO community is tiny and board reviews don't pop up often (once a year, if even).

Now I'm in a position to where I have decide if I want to try to pursue Reserves as a PAO, another branch, or just try to wait another board review out. Damn.

Originally Posted by solarius49

I have no idea, I can find out next time he gets on facebook though.

I have no idea, I can find out next time he gets on facebook though.

ARMY btw..

Kuwait is the hottest place on earth. Expect 130 degrees daily. But the army base there is dope. The army has it too good Im a marine btw

he aint lying..... place was hotter than iraq...... the sandstorms there were
sick.gif
sick.gif
 at night the wind picks up a good bit......

the px's and resturants was nice used to hit up charleys every night.... they have bk, starbucks all that extra stuff.

ARMY btw..

Kuwait is the hottest place on earth. Expect 130 degrees daily. But the army base there is dope. The army has it too good Im a marine btw

sick.gif
sick.gif

the px's and resturants was nice used to hit up charleys every night.... they have bk, starbucks all that extra stuff.

Im thinking of joining the army Im going to take the asvab in a few as a matter of fact. How do you guys like it? And be honest cause Im really hoping that this is the best move for me

Im thinking of joining the army Im going to take the asvab in a few as a matter of fact. How do you guys like it? And be honest cause Im really hoping that this is the best move for me

Originally Posted by CherryJ23

Dont let other people make the decision for you. Do some research and find out which branch best fits you.
But my brother is in the Marines and he said the hardest thing about being in the military is being away from family. Other than that have discipline and dont do anything stupid to get in trouble or even kicked out.

Dont let other people make the decision for you. Do some research and find out which branch best fits you.
But my brother is in the Marines and he said the hardest thing about being in the military is being away from family. Other than that have discipline and dont do anything stupid to get in trouble or even kicked out.

Originally Posted by Xavier

ARMY btw..

sick.gif
sick.gif

Dog, i fell asleep in the passenger seat of a humvee, woke up thinking i was going to die....the driver turned the heat on so that the vehicle wouldnt overheat.  Being in black + kevlar + 130 degree temp + heat on in vehicle = 200 degree body temp.  Then our 81mm mortar platoon was doing a shoot, they were planning on being out there for 12 hrs, so they brought 12 hrs worth of water.  Long story short, they ended up staying for 72 hrs with no water, all 30 of those marines almost died smh. 
btw, any Pendleton marines here?

Originally Posted by Xavier

ARMY btw..

sick.gif
sick.gif

Dog, i fell asleep in the passenger seat of a humvee, woke up thinking i was going to die....the driver turned the heat on so that the vehicle wouldnt overheat.  Being in black + kevlar + 130 degree temp + heat on in vehicle = 200 degree body temp.  Then our 81mm mortar platoon was doing a shoot, they were planning on being out there for 12 hrs, so they brought 12 hrs worth of water.  Long story short, they ended up staying for 72 hrs with no water, all 30 of those marines almost died smh. 
btw, any Pendleton marines here?

let me know what you make on the test brotha and what that arithmetic reasoning is like.

let me know what you make on the test brotha and what that arithmetic reasoning is like.

Originally Posted by taymane23

dog the asvab is a joke.  Its mostly common sense, i had been out of high school for 4 years when i took it, no studying and scored a 78

dog the asvab is a joke.  Its mostly common sense, i had been out of high school for 4 years when i took it, no studying and scored a 78

damn I feel like a straight @+#!%#* cause I cant get arithmetic reasoning for %#*# everything else is pie tho

damn I feel like a straight @+#!%#* cause I cant get arithmetic reasoning for %#*# everything else is pie tho

Go officer if you can...stay away from enlisted if possible. Doesn't matter which one you join, they all have pros and cons.

Go officer if you can...stay away from enlisted if possible. Doesn't matter which one you join, they all have pros and cons.

Back
Top Bottom