The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by jetsetr

Go officer if you can...stay away from enlisted if possible. Doesn't matter which one you join, they all have pros and cons.
this is stupid, the Officer route obviously isnt available to everybody.
anyways, my boy wants to join the navy, but i been hearing theres a 2 yr waiting list...how true is that

and I EAS from the marine corps in august....YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
even tho they're downsizing, 2 years is reaching. i depped in for the navy in july last year, and leave for bootcamp next month. They're still taking people, but it would probably take a month or two just to get the ball rolling with paperwork, going to meps etc. I see 2-3 new people at my recruiting station every time I go in [twice a month].

Go officer if you can...stay away from enlisted if possible. Doesn't matter which one you join, they all have pros and cons.
anyways, my boy wants to join the navy, but i been hearing theres a 2 yr waiting list...how true is that

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
even tho they're downsizing, 2 years is reaching. i depped in for the navy in july last year, and leave for bootcamp next month. They're still taking people, but it would probably take a month or two just to get the ball rolling with paperwork, going to meps etc. I see 2-3 new people at my recruiting station every time I go in [twice a month].

Originally Posted by devildoc76

^ I was never like that.... But as an E-4/5 at that time I respected the everyone ( But I was also 29 when I enlisted). To me Gunny was the man, and SSgt's and Sgt's not too far behind.  I actually got my leadership qualities from the CPL's when I was an E-4.  But my HMC's were, dare I say, AJ squared away.  To me your were either a  Doc or an HM. I never wanted a Marine calling me HM2 or HM3. Then there was the term devildoc, which I use now.  I will never elaborate on where I've been or what I've done, but I will say this.... if your life is on the line and you feel like you're in hell, thats my job to drag your a** out of there.  I was a versatile SOB when I deployed, M4 in tow, man the .50, carry the SAW when needed. I even got snatched up by an Army MP Brigade to do MP work as well when I was in the box.
As far as Army life>>>>> Marines, ehhhh.... depends.   I see E-3 and below talk to NCO's the way you describe your Doc on a daily basis. I'm in an Army Combat MOS which does alot of what Infantry does, but with far less people. Hence why 1st Cav is the only Cav Division in the Army.  Infantry has quite a few, because I'm in one right now.  We get treated like crap compared to the non-combat MOS's in the Army(POG's).  Buering, Arifjan, those are places for the fobbits.  Only time I saw those places were when we got there and when we left.  So as I get ready to roll out here soon, I don't expect the red carpet treatment like the Mil Intel BDE I was attached to last year.  Even as the "merc" unit of the the MI BDE we were treated as grunts.  And rightfully so.  It made me appreciate things a lot more.  But now I'm part of a larger unit, under infantry rule, and trust me when I say,  MRE's are like eating at Benihana's now.  I just take it for what it is and roll with it.  Hell not many people can say they've done what I've done during my military career.

I will add this..... Given the training I received through my Naval career, I still will never let an Army Medic touch me.  Ranger tab, Jump wings, Air Assault, CAB, I don't give a s**t.  I got my FMF pin, I'm straight 
wink.gif

My Man I started in 29 Palms also

^ I was never like that.... But as an E-4/5 at that time I respected the everyone ( But I was also 29 when I enlisted). To me Gunny was the man, and SSgt's and Sgt's not too far behind.  I actually got my leadership qualities from the CPL's when I was an E-4.  But my HMC's were, dare I say, AJ squared away.  To me your were either a  Doc or an HM. I never wanted a Marine calling me HM2 or HM3. Then there was the term devildoc, which I use now.  I will never elaborate on where I've been or what I've done, but I will say this.... if your life is on the line and you feel like you're in hell, thats my job to drag your a** out of there.  I was a versatile SOB when I deployed, M4 in tow, man the .50, carry the SAW when needed. I even got snatched up by an Army MP Brigade to do MP work as well when I was in the box.
As far as Army life>>>>> Marines, ehhhh.... depends.   I see E-3 and below talk to NCO's the way you describe your Doc on a daily basis. I'm in an Army Combat MOS which does alot of what Infantry does, but with far less people. Hence why 1st Cav is the only Cav Division in the Army.  Infantry has quite a few, because I'm in one right now.  We get treated like crap compared to the non-combat MOS's in the Army(POG's).  Buering, Arifjan, those are places for the fobbits.  Only time I saw those places were when we got there and when we left.  So as I get ready to roll out here soon, I don't expect the red carpet treatment like the Mil Intel BDE I was attached to last year.  Even as the "merc" unit of the the MI BDE we were treated as grunts.  And rightfully so.  It made me appreciate things a lot more.  But now I'm part of a larger unit, under infantry rule, and trust me when I say,  MRE's are like eating at Benihana's now.  I just take it for what it is and roll with it.  Hell not many people can say they've done what I've done during my military career.

I will add this..... Given the training I received through my Naval career, I still will never let an Army Medic touch me.  Ranger tab, Jump wings, Air Assault, CAB, I don't give a s**t.  I got my FMF pin, I'm straight 
wink.gif

My Man I started in 29 Palms also

Anybody in airbourne? My mos is 92R. I'm leaving for boot/ait in mid may, what's jump school like? Also can anyone tell me how your duty assignment is determined? I'm going to boot in SC and ait in GA and VA but I want to narrow down where I'm gonna live for the duration of my contract. I'm 23 and really just wanted to have fun, go to school in my free time and enjoy life while serving the country.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Anybody in airbourne? My mos is 92R. I'm leaving for boot/ait in mid may, what's jump school like? Also can anyone tell me how your duty assignment is determined? I'm going to boot in SC and ait in GA and VA but I want to narrow down where I'm gonna live for the duration of my contract. I'm 23 and really just wanted to have fun, go to school in my free time and enjoy life while serving the country.

graduated bmt on feb 24. now in tech school as an engineering apprentice in fort leonard wood, MO. HOOOOOOOAHHHHHHHHHHH

graduated bmt on feb 24. now in tech school as an engineering apprentice in fort leonard wood, MO. HOOOOOOOAHHHHHHHHHHH

Originally Posted by jraxon

errrrrr!
Hell I didn't know this thread existed..... I miss the Doc life
frown.gif
 (Army Cav Scout now).  
One of our Docs is the most alcoholic, abrasive, loud, idiots I've ever met.  He constantly curses out Staff NCO's and officers....but NOBODY will ever say @#%@ to him bc hes one of the most decorated corpsman in the division, and is well known for saving ALOT of lives

Curious on what his name is?

Sidenote if I had it over again I'd join the military out of high school.

Originally Posted by jraxon

errrrrr!
Hell I didn't know this thread existed..... I miss the Doc life
frown.gif
 (Army Cav Scout now).  
One of our Docs is the most alcoholic, abrasive, loud, idiots I've ever met.  He constantly curses out Staff NCO's and officers....but NOBODY will ever say @#%@ to him bc hes one of the most decorated corpsman in the division, and is well known for saving ALOT of lives

Curious on what his name is?

Sidenote if I had it over again I'd join the military out of high school.

Originally Posted by kixofrinic

Jump school is only three weeks long, so it was kind of a blur. Running and pull ups was the main thing, I got a weekend off, but you won't.  Duty assignment is by the Army's needs, but I can tell that you'll either go to a Rigger det., a SF group, or 82nd so probably Ft. Bragg, there's also a very very slim chance you could go to a Airborne Brigade (Vicenza, Italy, or GA).  You guys are bottom heavy (which means lots of young lower enlisted and not many higher ranking), so there is not much progression past E-6.  There is a love/hate for riggers. They wear those stupid-looking red baseball caps all the time and they're also the biggest Fobbits on deployments.  But, I would never ever want to piss one off  
laugh.gif
.  Just make sure you are running fast and often, do EVERYTHING that your drill sergeant/black hat tells you to do, take care of your knees and you will be fine.  Fayetteville, NC is decent town, not too much to do but drink and screw, just make sure you always strap up  
wink.gif
DEATH FROM ABOVE!

Originally Posted by kixofrinic

Jump school is only three weeks long, so it was kind of a blur. Running and pull ups was the main thing, I got a weekend off, but you won't.  Duty assignment is by the Army's needs, but I can tell that you'll either go to a Rigger det., a SF group, or 82nd so probably Ft. Bragg, there's also a very very slim chance you could go to a Airborne Brigade (Vicenza, Italy, or GA).  You guys are bottom heavy (which means lots of young lower enlisted and not many higher ranking), so there is not much progression past E-6.  There is a love/hate for riggers. They wear those stupid-looking red baseball caps all the time and they're also the biggest Fobbits on deployments.  But, I would never ever want to piss one off  
laugh.gif
.  Just make sure you are running fast and often, do EVERYTHING that your drill sergeant/black hat tells you to do, take care of your knees and you will be fine.  Fayetteville, NC is decent town, not too much to do but drink and screw, just make sure you always strap up  
wink.gif
DEATH FROM ABOVE!

I have a board review for a DCO for the Naval Reserves next month. tried to go active but the job I was shooting for was closed due to budget issues.

its not ideal but I can live with it if accepted and it seems that there are a decent amount of opportunities for active duty with this position.

I have a board review for a DCO for the Naval Reserves next month. tried to go active but the job I was shooting for was closed due to budget issues.

its not ideal but I can live with it if accepted and it seems that there are a decent amount of opportunities for active duty with this position.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
cant handle it.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
cant handle it.

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
cant handle it.
Cant handle what? You ever been an 0311?

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
cant handle it.
Cant handle what? You ever been an 0311?

Back
Top Bottom