The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

That's not really a fair assessment. A lot of people mature and create a way of life for themselves and their families by joining the military. I think it's a great option for people who may not have anything going for themselves.

you speak on the military as if its not as much "something going for themselves" as college is.

like its a last resort kinda, "you aint doing nothing else" thing.

while many people treat it that way, the reality....the CAREER reality of the military couldnt be further from the truth. and im not talking about making a career out if the military.

for example, dude above is going into computers with the Air Force. if he gets out in 4 years he can literally WALK into a federal position with computers making at least $60,000. with NO DEGREE.

Ain't even through my 1st year in the AF and I'm hating it.
sick.gif
mean.gif
Whats your job? Base?

So if u know someone who can't even make higher than a 30... Or even pass it, what u reccomend me tp tell him.... He just sees he's too dumb to do anything in life.... ***** sad

first and foremost he needs a more positive outlook on life, who he is/can be, and the options available to him.

i have never been one to believe that just 'going to the military' fixes everything.......or Job Corps, etc.

if he desires a better job in the military then hes going to need a higher ASVAB. theres nothing wrong with him studying to achieve this.

if 30 is his ceiling, **** man, make lemonade. choose what you can and make the best if it.

goto school while in. use any and every program available to aquire skills for life after the military.

you speak on the military as if its not as much "something going for themselves" as college is.

like its a last resort kinda, "you aint doing nothing else" thing.

while many people treat it that way, the reality....the CAREER reality of the military couldnt be further from the truth. and im not talking about making a career out if the military.

for example, dude above is going into computers with the Air Force. if he gets out in 4 years he can literally WALK into a federal position with computers making at least $60,000. with NO DEGREE.

I was referring to him because he was talking about college dropouts and ppl from the ghetto etc. I went to college before the military I'm working on my second degree and serving so I see nothing wrong with either one. Honestly tho I wish I wouldn't have went to college first. I love the military and wouldn't trade my lifestyle for anything.

Do 4 years and get a contracting job, cats getting paid 6 figures to do the minimum.

Any Paratroopers on NT?

Deployed right now btw, this fight is almost over.

I was referring to him because he was talking about college dropouts and ppl from the ghetto etc. I went to college before the military I'm working on my second degree and serving so I see nothing wrong with either one. Honestly tho I wish I wouldn't have went to college first. I love the military and wouldn't trade my lifestyle for anything.

If you had a degree before you joined the military why didn't you go in as an officer?

Was it because you only had a 2 year AA or AS degree? Not sure if each military branch is the same but I guess the way the military is cutting back nowadays they are more selective & specific on which college degrees they will allow someone to go in as a officer.

If you had a degree before you joined the military why didn't you go in as an officer?

Was it because you only had a 2 year AA or AS degree? Not sure if each military branch is the same but I guess the way the military is cutting back nowadays they are more selective & specific on which college degrees they will allow someone to go in as a officer.

I am a officer

Im going to Basic  training on April 30th to Fort Jackon. 
enlisted as a reserve in the Army. I have a quick question, my grades in college arent to great,

and im trying to transfer into a school that is "army friendly" how does that work?

Do i automatically get accepted? or what? 
thanks in advance.

To all my fellow air force, any tips on getting an assignment overseas? Currently stationed at Lackland btw.
Just make sure u don't get PRP certified and tell them u don't feel comfortable around Nuclear weapons, cause if you do you will be screwed like me and get crappy assignments like Montana, North Dakota, Wyoming and Turkey which isn't too bad

Yo fambs,

I'm in my third year of college and I'm at a crossroads of sorts. I've recently had to change my major from mechanical engineering, putting graduation off another 2 years at the least. I've been looking into enlisting, but I don't really know where to start.

My question is, would it be more advantageous to finish my degree then look into enlisting, or go now?

Yo fambs,

I'm in my third year of college and I'm at a crossroads of sorts. I've recently had to change my major from mechanical engineering, putting graduation off another 2 years at the least. I've been looking into enlisting, but I don't really know where to start.

My question is, would it be more advantageous to finish my degree then look into enlisting, or go now?

finish that degree dog. If you still want to join, try to earn a commission and become an officer. You're wasting your talents by enlisting

True, enlisted has it's perks and commissioned has some good ones as well. Army is getting competitive on both sides of the house with the downsizing and all.

I'm a college dropout (for financial reasons) but was able to degree while serving, and I'm still enlisted. It helps with promotion and even helps if you want to commission or go warrant. My credits helped push my promotion points to the level where it was easier for me to get promoted.

My advice would be to get as much school in while you can before you join because you'll need it either way.

Good luck to you all joining or considering, this job is not something everybody can do.

Airborne:tongue:

Wanna go in after graduating college next semester, AF officer may be a long shot even though I know I can score high on the ASVAB. How would I be wasting my talent by straight up enlisting?

Just curious, why is Korea a likely place to get stationed if you want overseas? I'm considering putting it down on my dream sheet when i fill it out in the future.
The amount of personnel they need + its a 1 year tour unless you extend. If folks are volunteering to go, it makes there slection process much easier, and prevents those who don't want to go due to family or whatever else from going as non-volunteers

Back
Top Bottom