The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

I failed out of avionics ended up being CE... left Kessler went to Ft Lost in the Woods for tech school then Mildenhall--> Misawa--> Osan--> McGuire (worst base ever)

no drug testing? mane haha yea you lost a lick better get back to that if you can bro

damn bruh.

i was terrified of failing tech school, i aint want to be forced into a job i didnt want

CE is okay though if you pick up a trade (electrician, plumbing, construction, etc.)

man
i remember when i got back to Keesler as a civilian, our bathroom needed a new paper towel holder real bad.

it took them a whole year to get us one, and it was used.

homeland?
we'd have asked for ONE regular paper towel holder....the supply guy would have gotten 3 dysons just because and laughed about it

Last edited:
damn bruh.

i was terrified of failing tech school, i aint want to be forced into a job i didnt want

CE is okay though if you pick up a trade (electrician, plumbing, construction, etc.)

man
i remember when i got back to Keesler as a civilian, our bathroom needed a new paper towel holder real bad.

it took them a whole year to get us one, and it was used.

homeland?
we'd have asked for ONE regular paper towel holder....the supply guy would have gotten 3 dysons just because and laughed about it

to be honest I strategically failed out of Avionics... the way they described the job seemed like it was terrible and you never really got to do anything. plus it was during a time where there wasn't any force shaping going on so I knew that since I had made an effort I would maybe be able to hold on and get a new job (risk life haha). so they sent me to the personnel center and I got CE. I rolled the dice and got 7/11 my first 3 assignments... McGuire was a snake eyes roll though don't ever come here smh.

damn Homeland moving like that? when we would work with them they would always seem like they were happy AF haha

i went from Keesler to stationed at Eglin for 3 years so you can say i got lucky and had it pretty good

im now back on Keesler as a civilian after being with Homeland Security for 8 years. i must say DoD gets treated like crap compared to Homeland.

DoD is constantly trying to cut back and do more with less while Homeland is damn near wiping their ***** with dollar bills

im trying to get back to Homeland. working on base feels like the police is always watching me

plus the agency i worked for with Homeland didnt drug test, man, i need to get back to that ASAP

You mind sending me that Homeland agency's name in a pm dude? I just got out of active duty air force and I'm trying to find work.

Homeland is now border patrol and costumes (or how ever you spell it), correct?

What did you do there? I had a couple of buddies that said they didn't pay ****, but the benefits were great.

Homeland is now border patrol and costumes (or how ever you spell it), correct?

What did you do there? I had a couple of buddies that said they didn't pay ****, but the benefits were great.

bruh.

Homeland is ALOT more than Customs, Border Patrol, ICE, and TSA.

ive never worked for any of those agencies, plus id bet their on top on their drug policy

and before you openly ask again
im not about to blow the spot up either

Last edited:
bruh.

Homeland is ALOT more than Customs, Border Patrol, ICE, and TSA.

ive never worked for any of those agencies, plus id bet their on top on their drug policy

and before you openly ask again
im not about to blow the spot up either
is actually asking to get educated. I'm not and that life anyway ... I was curious what fell under Homeland security.

is actually asking to get educated. I'm not and that life anyway ... I was curious what fell under Homeland security.

from wiki:

Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service

CBRN Countermeasures Programs
Domestic Emergency Support Teams
Energy Security and Assurance Program
Environmental Measurements Laboratory
Federal Computer Incident Response Center
Federal Emergency Management Agency
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
Federal Protective Service
Immigration and Naturalization Service

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
National Biological Warfare
Defense Analysis Center
National Communications System
National Protection and Programs Directorate
National Domestic Preparedness Office
National Infrastructure Protection Center
Office of Infrastructure Protection
Nuclear Incident Response Team
Office for Domestic Preparedness
Plum Island Animal Disease Center
Strategic National Stockpile
National Disaster Medical System
Transportation Security Administration
U.S. Coast Guard
U.S. Customs Service
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
U.S. Secret Service

the Air Force really doesn't (or didn't use to) place value in actual work knowledge and ethic...
Exactly. It's all about EPR bullet fluffing. Most supervisors don't give a rats *** about work ethic and job knowledge, but volunteer and education bullets.

:evil:

just got tasked to go to the deid hahahah... this should be interesting

Last edited:
yup getting promoted is a struggle in the AF....too damn slow compared to other services from what i've seen
Just gotta put the effort in man... made TSgt in 7 years here...had to wait until 8 years to sew it on...just missed MSgt this last year by 5 points.
just got tasked to go to the deid hahahah... this should be interesting
I'm here now...it ain't bad

Last edited:
Anybody here use that pdg gold for testing?

I'm testing for staff
I have used it every time...made SSgt and TSgt first time...missed MSgt first time by 5 points.  I use that along with the MKTS, PDG Made Easy and PDG Choice
nthat.gif

just use the MKTS
If you use that in conjunction with other things you are golden,....see above
My cousin is in the navy. It seems like he's more on a backpacking trip then anything else.
My cousin lives in the Bay Area.

I'll list the places I know he's gone starting with boot

-Chicago
-San Diego
-lemoore (came home to visit every weekend)
-came home
-went to Japan
-Philippines for the typhoon relief
-Thailand to train. But we know what really went down
-Hong kong
-back to Japan
-back home
-Italy
-now is currently doing like a euro trip
- he visits London, Spain, Rome, Prague, regularly with his homies in the service.

But then again my other cousin who is in the military with the same job. And he's been deployed to the middle east like 3 times.

I wished I joined the military when I was younger and was traveling like my cousin who got to see all those places.

But not like my other one who is from San diego and has only seen Texas and the Middle East.
Been like that for me in the Air Force.  I was on my 6th assignment by 9 years.  Started off in Texas, went to Cali, then Idaho, then South Korea, then Georgia, back to Cali, and now Germany.  Since living in Germany I have traveled to over 15 countries in Europe already
nthat.gif

I'm at MacDill. I'm always like I joined the wrong service lol when I go to the gym, PX, etc. Again, not saying there aren't fine Marine women, there are. But I've never seen a greater gathering than on a Navy ship or Air Force post.
Damn...I would love to get to MacDill after I am done in Germany...been there TDY a few times....great area

Just gotta put the effort in man... made TSgt in 7 years here...had to wait until 8 years to sew it on...just missed MSgt this last year by 5 points.
I'm here now...it ain't bad

no offense family but what's your job? I was in a very small career field that was very a** kissing and d*** bopping friendly... and I'm not that type of guy. I like to actually work instead of suck the Sup off. testing has never been my problem, it's having 4 EPRs because I didn't fit the AF mold aka volunteer more than you work, be completely poo at your job but since you have college classes you're a model airman. the CF that I'm in now is way better because it's almost 100% hands on work not politics even though of course you still have back office issues but it's way less than my old job. I'm testing PDG only this year so I think I'll have it in the bag, I mean **** at this point all I should have to do is put my name on the test haha...

word what's the deid like? of course everybody says it sucks but I try to go into everything with a clear head.

no offense family but what's your job? I was in a very small career field that was very a** kissing and d*** bopping friendly... and I'm not that type of guy. I like to actually work instead of suck the Sup off. testing has never been my problem, it's having 4 EPRs because I didn't fit the AF mold aka volunteer more than you work, be completely poo at your job but since you have college classes you're a model airman. the CF that I'm in now is way better because it's almost 100% hands on work not politics even though of course you still have back office issues but it's way less than my old job. I'm testing PDG only this year so I think I'll have it in the bag, I mean **** at this point all I should have to do is put my name on the test haha...

word what's the deid like? of course everybody says it sucks but I try to go into everything with a clear head.
I used to be maintenance.  Worked on fighters..I was E&E (electrician).  Didn't need to suck up...just perform and be good at your job.  I've always been a hard worker...don't get that mixed up with kissing ***.  I tell people like it is and sometimes piss people off but for the most part they respect me for it.

I cross trained into Command Post and tested for TSgt PDG only (only reason I made it 1st time prolly).

Whats your job?

People writing you 4's because you didn't volunteer/go to school is BS in my opinion.  That should not happen.  If you perform well that is all that should matter.  EPR system is way too inflated to mark you down cuz of ish like that.  Just sounds like they were bad supervisors IMO

The deid is straight man....not bad at all.  Better than previous deployments.  I mean hell, you can go off base and stuff.  Work ain't no different.  Super busy here, but outside of work it is cake.  Civilian clothes, no PT gear, can go off base, got a huge pool, nice gyms, etc...

Last edited:
I used to be maintenance.  Worked on fighters..I was E&E (electrician).  Didn't need to suck up...just perform and be good at your job.  I've always been a hard worker...don't get that mixed up with kissing ***.  I tell people like it is and sometimes piss people off but for the most part they respect me for it.

I cross trained into Command Post and tested for TSgt PDG only (only reason I made it 1st time prolly).

Whats your job?

The deid is straight man....not bad at all.  Better than previous deployments.  I mean hell, you can go off base and stuff.  Work ain't no different.  Super busy here, but outside of work it is cake.  Civilian clothes, no PT gear, can go off base, got a huge pool, nice gyms, etc...

word. I started out as Emergency Management (CBRNE), being CP you probably have to deal with us to a certain extent with the recalls and exercises if yall even have those in USAFE anymore [emoji]128514[/emoji] (Mildenhall was my first base, exercises were a literal joke) but now I'm an Aerial Porter.

I'm strong on PDG lowest I've ever made was a 63 and that was with zero studying. I'm pretty positive that I'll grab it this year.

word that's wassup I bet the gyms are crowded though. it's my first deployment so I'm not really knowing what to expect. it's wild because it's my first one and I've been in almost 7 years, on my 4th base and finally got tasked. I'm happy though I guess haha

word. I started out as Emergency Management (CBRNE), being CP you probably have to deal with us to a certain extent with the recalls and exercises if yall even have those in USAFE anymore [emoji]128514[/emoji] (Mildenhall was my first base, exercises were a literal joke) but now I'm an Aerial Porter.

I'm strong on PDG lowest I've ever made was a 63 and that was with zero studying. I'm pretty positive that I'll grab it this year.

word that's wassup I bet the gyms are crowded though. it's my first deployment so I'm not really knowing what to expect. it's wild because it's my first one and I've been in almost 7 years, on my 4th base and finally got tasked. I'm happy though I guess haha
Yeah we deal with EM to an extent.  Yeah Spangdahlem's exercises are pretty much non-existent.

63 is good with no studying.  I scored 88 on SKT this year and 74 on PDG...still missed MSgt due to TIS/TIG by 5 points.

You got it bro...im sure you'll make it.  Word, I know what it is like moving around.  I was on my 6th assignment by 9 years lol.  They haven't been great with the exception of Germany though.

Gyms are pretty crowded for sure.

being in the AF and seeing what all my Navy homies get into it doesn't look like that bad of a gig at all. actually thinking about switching over to either Army or Navy once my contract is up with the AF
It's not bad at all. I still laugh when ppl think that we just sit in the middle of the ocean on a ship for our entire enlistment, lol. I haven't been stationed on a ship since 2007. Only reason I miss it is because of the dope countries we use to hit.

Yeah we deal with EM to an extent.  Yeah Spangdahlem's exercises are pretty much non-existent.

63 is good with no studying.  I scored 88 on SKT this year and 74 on PDG...still missed MSgt due to TIS/TIG by 5 points.

You got it bro...im sure you'll make it.  Word, I know what it is like moving around.  I was on my 6th assignment by 9 years lol.  They haven't been great with the exception of Germany though.

Gyms are pretty crowded for sure.

I used to go TDY to Ramstein all the time... never got to get down to spang heard that's a gold mine of an assignment for porters. trying to get over to Germany in the next few years hopefully. I've caught good rolls on assignments up until this one haha. Mildenhall, Misawa, Osan, and then I got hit with McGuire [emoji]128546[/emoji].

I appreciate it man and hell of you only missed it because of that you'll definitely catch it next year. I'm just ready to actually wear the rank of the level of work I do. been an SrA too long doing work 2 pay grades above...

smh. I don't have time for all that man it's the desert so I know boyz in there tryna flex and do the most. I'm just tryna get my workout in and jet. be in the way and **** haha

It's not bad at all. I still laugh when ppl think that we just sit in the middle of the ocean on a ship for our entire enlistment, lol. I haven't been stationed on a ship since 2007. Only reason I miss it is because of the dope countries we use to hit.

yea mane and they be complaining like aw man I gotta go back to Japan or going to sigonella or some other crazy *** place I've never heard of or seen on a map and I'm like are you serious bruh... I'm in NEW JERSEY. ain't no lower than that haha

I used to go TDY to Ramstein all the time... never got to get down to spang heard that's a gold mine of an assignment for porters. trying to get over to Germany in the next few years hopefully. I've caught good rolls on assignments up until this one haha. Mildenhall, Misawa, Osan, and then I got hit with McGuire [emoji]128546[/emoji].

I appreciate it man and hell of you only missed it because of that you'll definitely catch it next year. I'm just ready to actually wear the rank of the level of work I do. been an SrA too long doing work 2 pay grades above...

smh. I don't have time for all that man it's the desert so I know boyz in there tryna flex and do the most. I'm just tryna get my workout in and jet. be in the way and **** haha
I went from Edwards to Mt. Home, to Kunsan, to Moody, to Beale.  And then finally Germany lol

Yeah man, I work in the AMCC and deal with ATOC.  Traffic is slow to Spangdahlem.  Not bad at all.

Mad dudes in the gym actin stupid...i throw my headphones on, do what i gotta do and get out too lol

Good luck on the test this year bro.  

yea mane and they be complaining like aw man I gotta go back to Japan or going to sigonella or some other crazy *** place I've never heard of or seen on a map and I'm like are you serious bruh... I'm in NEW JERSEY. ain't no lower than that haha
Japan use to be wild bro! Back when the Kitty Hawk was there the Navy had a bad wrap due to sailors committing all types of criminal acts on civilians. I still don't think they've forgiven us totally. But a lot of ppl love being stationed overseas, I couldn't do it. I'm currently on detachment in Saudi Arabia and I'm ready to get back home. It's cool but not a place I could be at permanently.

Sigonella is off the chain, along with Rota, Spain and Iceland. I'll take a year billet to any of those.

Last edited:
The gyms here in the deid are ridiculous. I'm on overnight shifts this week and I made the mistake of walking in there after 6 pm, never again.

bruh ... You are doing it wrong. You are in a gold mind yourself. You are in the eastern hub, take advantages of the Space A flights ... They are always flying to Europe Hawaii ... I be taking 10 days leave take my happy *** to Germany the a train to Paris Belgium Amesterdam etc for 3 to 4 days then head back to Ramstein and flight back and check off leave. 10 days to be safe and 6 actual days of leave. Especially off peak season when there's no one taking leave ... Like I said u r doing it wrong ...

Back
Top Bottom