The Official Ms. Clavel Sneaker Magazine thread!!!

I wonder why?
laugh.gif

I have kept silent about this matter for months now because I didn't think that I needed to explain myself after what I posted HERE back in November. But since all the negative stuff being hurled at me outside this forum (by one person) just won't stop, I think it's about time I answer some of your questions.

I wasn't quiet because I was paid to keep my mouth shut. The truth is the magazine still owes me money (13th month pay with all the contributions and taxes they never paid for). I was quiet because I didn't feel like saying anything about a magazine nobody cared for anymore. I have said my piece in a 3000 word letter I emailed the editor-in-chief the night before part of the team decided to gang up and serve me a 30-day preventive suspension order for job abandonment. Mind you, this was AFTER my 6-month contract expired. Like what any other sane person would do, I submitted a resignation letter and walked away without saying anything.

I saw the owner (editor-in-chief) of the magazine during the Gucci Dunk release at weLegendary a week after and gave him a hug just to let him know that I had nothing against him, that he was a friend and family to me. That was that. Or so I thought. From then on, people kept talking about how he would run his mouth constantly saying !@$% about me. I remained quiet because people knew the truth. I wanted to remain professional even though I wasn't connected anymore. It just threw me off when I found out that he threatened me with physical harm. I seriously thought he was better than that given that he has a wife and a baby. I guess not.

As far as I know, I did my best during my stint there and I NEVER failed to do my job. As a matter of fact, I did more than what I was supposed to. For 6 months, I lived and breathed that magazine. I clocked in more hours than anybody and produced results the magazine never saw before I joined as managing editor and after my departure. To say otherwise is a COMPLETE LIE.

This thread imploded because the magazine was exposed by some members, members who the owner of the magazine insist I influenced or worse, control. For the record, I haven't posted in this thread since I resigned nor do I ask people to post for me. If I wanted to say something I would post it myself or create a new entry on my blog. It's so easy to accuse me of the most absurd things. Too bad you don't have proof and I do. You see I go through this forum differently than 99.99% of its members. You are not part of the 0.01% so you can't see what I see.
ntpiip.png

I posted IP addresses of some users who have taken jabs at the magazine and compared it to mine. Even with the last set of numbers blurred (for privacy reasons), it is VERY CLEAR that I had nothing to do with the comments posted. I know the owner's latest rant is that I'm behind most of these names. Sorry but try again.

I'm keeping this thread open because I believe in always being fair. I don't want people to think that just because I no longer work for the magazine, I would lock it for spite.

All I can say is that this site has more to offer to its growing population here and abroad than any other forum or magazine. We are all lucky to be part of something big, legitimate and respected by people who bring us the one thing we share in common - our love for sneakers.

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

I have kept silent about this matter for months now because I didn't think that I needed to explain myself after what I posted HERE back in November. But since all the negative stuff being hurled at me outside this forum (by one person) just won't stop, I think it's about time I answer some of your questions.

I wasn't quiet because I was paid to keep my mouth shut. The truth is the magazine still owes me money (13th month pay with all the contributions and taxes they never paid for). I was quiet because I didn't feel like saying anything about a magazine nobody cared for anymore. I have said my piece in a 3000 word letter I emailed the editor-in-chief the night before part of the team decided to gang up and serve me a 30-day preventive suspension order for job abandonment. Mind you, this was AFTER my 6-month contract expired. Like what any other sane person would do, I submitted a resignation letter and walked away without saying anything.

I saw the owner (editor-in-chief) of the magazine during the Gucci Dunk release at weLegendary a week after and gave him a hug just to let him know that I had nothing against him, that he was a friend and family to me. That was that. Or so I thought. From then on, people kept talking about how he would run his mouth constantly saying !@$% about me. I remained quiet because people knew the truth. I wanted to remain professional even though I wasn't connected anymore. It just threw me off when I found out that he threatened me with physical harm. I seriously thought he was better than that given that he has a wife and a baby. I guess not.

As far as I know, I did my best during my stint there and I NEVER failed to do my job. As a matter of fact, I did more than what I was supposed to. For 6 months, I lived and breathed that magazine. I clocked in more hours than anybody and produced results the magazine never saw before I joined as managing editor and after my departure. To say otherwise is a COMPLETE LIE.

This thread imploded because the magazine was exposed by some members, members who the owner of the magazine insist I influenced or worse, control. For the record, I haven't posted in this thread since I resigned nor do I ask people to post for me. If I wanted to say something I would post it myself or create a new entry on my blog. It's so easy to accuse me of the most absurd things. Too bad you don't have proof and I do. You see I go through this forum differently than 99.99% of its members. You are not part of the 0.01% so you can't see what I see.
ntpiip.png

I posted IP addresses of some users who have taken jabs at the magazine and compared it to mine. Even with the last set of numbers blurred (for privacy reasons), it is VERY CLEAR that I had nothing to do with the comments posted. I know the owner's latest rant is that I'm behind most of these names. Sorry but try again.

I'm keeping this thread open because I believe in always being fair. I don't want people to think that just because I no longer work for the magazine, I would lock it for spite.

All I can say is that this site has more to offer to its growing population here and abroad than any other forum or magazine. We are all lucky to be part of something big, legitimate and respected by people who bring us the one thing we share in common - our love for sneakers.
2d7fsbb.gif
well said. This sheds light.

Good to finally here Jojo's side of the story. Hats off to you for being very professional about this. I hope unresolved things get sorted and the people involved can just move on without any hard feelings.

This should clear things up. We salute you for keeping quiet all this time and for being "professional" about this after all the negative things has been said.

Jojo was one of the few among us, who really cared and gave everything he can for the magazine. Too bad it didn't worked out the way we wanted it to be.

As the saying goes...."Pag-naisip mo na, ayoko na."
roll.gif

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

The truth is the magazine still owes me money (13th month pay with all the contributions and taxes they never paid for).

It just threw me off when I found out that he threatened me with physical harm. I seriously thought he was better than that given that he has a wife and a baby. I guess not.

Evil sonofa!!!! No wonder the mag has GONE TO THE DOGS!
2d7fsbb.gif

Originally Posted by jason16

Just got another free copy of the latest issue.

Atoy and his Accels
eyes.gif
What the...!

Arent Accel's considered as copycats? I mean they aint variants or fakes but you can clearly see that they coppied stuffs from the "swoosh"...

Well atleast you got em for free sir Jason!

Since Accel also distributes Nike stuffs, they usually do is get a sample of a shoe, bring it to China, when it gets back, it's Accel shoes already! they even copied the Ateneo and Lasalle jackets of Adidas

Just saw the browsing copy of the latest issue, since when did Mark Ong become Sabotage? Isn't he suppose to be known as SBTG?

I noticed something too, this is the only current magazine that I see highlighting 2009 articles/features on the cover even though it's already March 2010? (Best running shoes of "2009", now it's Ms Earth "2009") Retro-ing is a trend I suppose.

But I do like the recycled paper they used on the magazine. Makes you wanna trash the magazine after browsing.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jason16

Just got another free copy of the latest issue.

Atoy and his Accels
eyes.gif

The magazine is about sneakers anyway. 
laugh.gif
They featured Accel 'coz they can't get any love from Puma, Reebok and especially Adidas and Nike.

Even if they offered free ads to them, I don't think they'll place an ad in that lame accuse for a sneaker magazine.

Just look at Adidas, the editors' bragging about having connects inside. How come the magazine can't get any loving from Adidas?!

Originally Posted by CarlofromdaPI

A-Toy Accels? Those are the AF I looking joints with Philippine flag colors right?

Your definitely right man.
laugh.gif
Nike rip-offs, just like the mag.

what the hell happened to this mag? such a shame, i was a big fan especially the issues where jojo was involved, and the 1st one, the cover girl was
pimp.gif
any info on her? 
nerd.gif

I finally get to see the latest issue. No improvements and what-so-ever. I was expecting a major revamp.

2d7fsbb.gif

Back
Top Bottom