The Official Ms. Clavel Sneaker Magazine thread!!!

Originally Posted by AirStab77

I finally get to see the latest issue. No improvements and what-so-ever. I was expecting a major revamp.

2d7fsbb.gif

Told you it was trash.
laugh.gif

I feel bad for Dennis Trillo's feature. They made him look dumb.

As long as the editor in chief is the same, the mag will always be the lame.
roll.gif

I saw the latest issue and I was really disappointed too.. I used to buy them until I realized nothing was new.. I suppose it's still gonna be the same.. and oh, the change of printing material, I didn't like it either... It makes it look "cheap" (So sorry for the word).. it just turned into tabloid-like  magazine.. 

Any news here? I have one.

I heard that 1 employee resigned. And the editor himself axed another employee, eventhough he's a friend.

Talk about good managing skills.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ManfromManila

Originally Posted by shoeniverse

It's time again..... latest issue should be out soon. Get ready for some trashing.

Jimmy Santos should be the next cover boy.

That Id buy!!! Waitaminit...we're talkin about the real Jimmy Santos right? No more lonely rice?  and not No more lonely editor in chief? hahaha

I heard that 1 employee resigned. And the editor himself axed another employee, eventhough he's a friend.

roll.gif

So is the magazine done? Or is there a new issue out for this month? I haven't been able to check bookstores and magazine stands lately...

Originally Posted by CarlofromdaPI

roll.gif

So is the magazine done? Or is there a new issue out for this month? I haven't been able to check bookstores and magazine stands lately...

It's still out. According to them they can still survive for 3 years without any help from advertisers.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Jimmy Santos has a lot of money to burn... 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CarlofromdaPI

roll.gif

It's still out. According to them they can still survive for 3 years without any help from advertisers.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Jimmy Santos has a lot of money to burn... 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

0dc158e49baf26ef950f485bc9dfadf9d405e31.gif

saw the latest issue in rob galleria last week. looked at the cover then put it back on the shelf.

Posting for an acquaintance whose membership has yet to be approved.

10 reasons why Ms. Clavel Sneaker Magazine still sucks.
1. Progress Ad. What in the world is Progress? Same company behind the DIONISIA KNOWS t-shirt? What a waste of ad space. Find a client who will actually pay for pages and stop hyping yourselves up.
grin.gif
The people who run the magazine have already been exposed as frauds by the same people who used to work for them.
2. Air Carnivore was named "vegetarian sneakers." How stupid. If it is a joke then it's one hell of a stupid joke. Even gradeschoolers know carnivore =/= vegetarian.
3. Wong feature. Couldn't the magazine have picked a WORSE photo? Please turn on your sarcasm detector.
eyes.gif

4. Trash it or keep it by Commune. They all gave the Air Carnivore a thumbs down. Why even ask a bunch of young hypebeast hipsters their opinions on a shoe with a cult following? That's like asking Air Jordan fanatics' take on Supra TK.
5. Wale on the cover. He's a rapper alright but he's also member of this community and even here he can't get no damn respect.
laugh.gif

6. Half naked women and sneakers. Aren't people tired of this yet? I know I am.
7. Jinri Park. Isn't the name Park Korean? Why make it appear like she's Japanese and flood the photos with Japanese snacks? Who thinks of such a literal and shallow concept?
8. The endless lifting of online materials.
9. Shouldn't the editorial team provide new or upcoming sneaker news instead of past materials which take up most of the pages? If other mags can do it, why can't Ms. Clavel?
10. The price. It takes less than 10 minutes to read the magazine from cover to cover and another 10 seconds to realize how stupid it is. The magazine and its staff are truly a disgrace to the sneaker scene and the publishing industry. This shouldn't be even called a magazine. Tabloid maybe? But then tabloids may be stupid but most of them are entertaining. This magazine is not.

The magazine's name should be changed to Miss Clavel because it is way off target.

They should seriously consider shutting down the mag.

My suggestion: "Stick to daddy's construction business".

Originally Posted by ShoeComplex

1. Progress Ad. What in the world is Progress? Same company behind the DIONISIA KNOWS t-shirt? What a waste of ad space. Find a client who will actually pay for pages and stop hyping yourselves up.
grin.gif
The people who run the magazine have already been exposed as frauds by the same people who used to work for them.
2. Air Carnivore was named "vegetarian sneakers." How stupid. If it is a joke then it's one hell of a stupid joke. Even gradeschoolers know carnivore =/= vegetarian.
3. Wong feature. Couldn't the magazine have picked a WORSE photo? Please turn on your sarcasm detector.
eyes.gif

4. Trash it or keep it by Commune. They all gave the Air Carnivore a thumbs down. Why even ask a bunch of young hypebeast hipsters their opinions on a shoe with a cult following? That's like asking Air Jordan fanatics' take on Supra TK.
5. Wale on the cover. He's a rapper alright but he's also member of this community and even here he can't get no damn respect.
laugh.gif

7. Jinri Park. Isn't the name Park Korean? Why make it appear like she's Japanese and flood the photos with Japanese snacks? Who thinks of such a literal and shallow concept?
9. Shouldn't the editorial team provide new or upcoming sneaker news instead of past materials which take up most of the pages? If other mags can do it, why can't Ms. Clavel?
10. The price. It takes less than 10 minutes to read the magazine from cover to cover and another 10 seconds to realize how stupid it is. The magazine and its staff are truly a disgrace to the sneaker scene and the publishing industry. This shouldn't be even called a magazine. Tabloid maybe? But then tabloids may be stupid but most of them are entertaining. This magazine is not.

The magazine's name should be changed to Miss Clavel because it is way off target.
 "Ms. Clavel Magazine. We turn gold into +@#*."

grin.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Here's what my acquaintance had to say:

STAY AWAY FROM FAT STINKY HYPEBEAST IDIOTS!
THEY'RE ONLY RICH JEJEMONS!

Originally Posted by ManfromManila

grin.gif
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Here's what my acquaintance had to say:

STAY AWAY FROM FAT STINKY HYPEBEAST IDIOTS!
THEY'RE ONLY RICH JEJEMONS!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So Chooey of Streething is on the cover of the new #*%. I wouldn't be surprised if Mister Clavel only knew of this person through kingcrux31.
Oh and um that GBX ad on the back cover gets a ho ho ho Colonel Sanders.

No gravy!

Back
Top Bottom