The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I don't get it. What's the correlation between these players and these cities?

What does KD, Chauncey, Melo, and Kawhi Leonard have to do with California? Leon Powe went to Cal, but that's it.
laugh.gif

Same with Minnesota. Tolliver plays for the Wolves, but what's up with these weird districts and players with virtually no connection to the city?
nerd.gif
I looked at the complaint the players filed in the Minnesota lawsuit.  There's no allegations in the complaint that tie any of the players to Minnesota other than Anthony Tolliver.  Since the case was filed as a class action on behalf of the players, I think they only need one of the players to have a connection with Minnesota in order for that court to have jurisdiction over the case.  Based on that, I think the division of the players between the California and Minnesota suites was just random.  But the reason that California and Minnesota were selected for the lawsuits is because the case law from the two courts of appeal that preside over those areas is favorable to players on antitrust issues. 

I think the players filed two suits just to hedge their bets and give themselvese a better chance of getting some relief quickly.  Either the California or Minnesota court, if they side with the players, would have the authority to issue an injunction order requiring the league to lift the lockout.  Of course, as in the NFL case, that kind of order would be immediately appealed by the league.  And I'm sure the league is going to fight to get all of the cases consoliated in N.Y.     

to add, Kawhi Leonard went to San Diego State, if that matters.

What does KD, Chauncey, Melo, and Kawhi Leonard have to do with California? Leon Powe went to Cal, but that's it.
laugh.gif

Same with Minnesota. Tolliver plays for the Wolves, but what's up with these weird districts and players with virtually no connection to the city?
nerd.gif
I looked at the complaint the players filed in the Minnesota lawsuit.  There's no allegations in the complaint that tie any of the players to Minnesota other than Anthony Tolliver.  Since the case was filed as a class action on behalf of the players, I think they only need one of the players to have a connection with Minnesota in order for that court to have jurisdiction over the case.  Based on that, I think the division of the players between the California and Minnesota suites was just random.  But the reason that California and Minnesota were selected for the lawsuits is because the case law from the two courts of appeal that preside over those areas is favorable to players on antitrust issues. 

I think the players filed two suits just to hedge their bets and give themselvese a better chance of getting some relief quickly.  Either the California or Minnesota court, if they side with the players, would have the authority to issue an injunction order requiring the league to lift the lockout.  Of course, as in the NFL case, that kind of order would be immediately appealed by the league.  And I'm sure the league is going to fight to get all of the cases consoliated in N.Y.     

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Sorry but y'all could have won 28 championships in my lifetime but the fact that we broomed y'all +%+$+ and are champions are now it just doesn't bother me one bit

To an extent. It never really bothered me, but yeah, we've done something they've never done to us, so,
pimp.gif

Have the Lakers ever been swept before other than that?
nerd.gif

The Lakers have been swept a bunch of times, keep thinking you done something so special.
laugh.gif
88, 97 and 98 I think, another in the early 80's I think. It's happened plenty.

Sorry but y'all could have won 28 championships in my lifetime but the fact that we broomed y'all +%+$+ and are champions are now it just doesn't bother me one bit

To an extent. It never really bothered me, but yeah, we've done something they've never done to us, so,
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

The Lakers have been swept a bunch of times, keep thinking you done something so special.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

NBA Players are idiots. I have no sympathy for these clowns.
Are you going to say anything meaningful in here, or just troll as per usual?  I'm asking a serious question.  

....W.......TF.......are you talking about?

laugh.gif
 @ "I'm asking a serious question", i wasnt responding or talking to YOU you %$%+!%# clown.....

.....what i have to say is what you quoted, and exactly how i feel about the entire situation. you mad?

the owners are greedy

i agree. 
the owners arent playing fair
i also agree

....and its STILL the players fault for attemting to negotiate with BILLIONAIRES uneducated about their own situation.

.....its the players fault for not attempting to GAIN LEVERAGE in a situation where they have NO LEVERAGE.

.....IDIOTS, the lot of them. 

...so YES, i have NO SYMPATHY for the players. when you choose to negotiate with not 1 but 30 BILLIONAIRES having done NO HOMEWORK, with NO LEVERAGE and not trying to gain any? you deserve everything you get.

....i dont blame the owners one bit. %%++ the players, this is business.

Are you going to say anything meaningful in here, or just troll as per usual?  I'm asking a serious question.  

laugh.gif
 @ "I'm asking a serious question", i wasnt responding or talking to YOU you %$%+!%# clown.....

.....what i have to say is what you quoted, and exactly how i feel about the entire situation. you mad?

the owners are greedy

i agree. 
i also agree

....and its STILL the players fault for attemting to negotiate with BILLIONAIRES uneducated about their own situation.

.....its the players fault for not attempting to GAIN LEVERAGE in a situation where they have NO LEVERAGE.

...so YES, i have NO SYMPATHY for the players. when you choose to negotiate with not 1 but 30 BILLIONAIRES having done NO HOMEWORK, with NO LEVERAGE and not trying to gain any? you deserve everything you get.

laugh.gif

the owners are greedy

i agree. 
i also agree

laugh.gif

nerd.gif
These court districts have a tendency of being pro-labor.

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

laugh.gif

nerd.gif
They also chose players to cover all spectrum of the NBA including superstars, free agents, and rookies I believe.  I honestly don't believe the players will win this battle and will be better suited working with the owners because they lose this battle and the deals worsen and they have to accept it.

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

laugh.gif

nerd.gif
They also chose players to cover all spectrum of the NBA including superstars, free agents, and rookies I believe.  I honestly don't believe the players will win this battle and will be better suited working with the owners because they lose this battle and the deals worsen and they have to accept it.

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Back to back sweep....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Back to back to back titles.  But you don't know anything about that now do you? 
wink.gif
  Except that you lost to us 2 of those years.  Back to back, including a sweep.........

Then we went back to back again later.  Ever done that? 
nerd.gif
  Oh, see ya. 

Vet, as per usual, play dumb, I hear ya.  Come thru, run your mouth about the Lakers/Shaq/Kobe nonsense which is nothing to this thread, then quote someone on a meaningless phrase that's not even remotely meaningful, and then I ask if you'll contribute anything worthy and you play dumb. 
laugh.gif

But at least now you finally gave a response and your reasoning behind it, so I'm good with that.  You're wrong, but it's your opinion and that's cool.  I've already typed 10 million words in this thread about the players and owners, I'm not gonna try and change your mind. 

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Back to back sweep....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Back to back to back titles.  But you don't know anything about that now do you? 
wink.gif
  Except that you lost to us 2 of those years.  Back to back, including a sweep.........

Then we went back to back again later.  Ever done that? 
nerd.gif
  Oh, see ya. 

Vet, as per usual, play dumb, I hear ya.  Come thru, run your mouth about the Lakers/Shaq/Kobe nonsense which is nothing to this thread, then quote someone on a meaningless phrase that's not even remotely meaningful, and then I ask if you'll contribute anything worthy and you play dumb. 
laugh.gif

But at least now you finally gave a response and your reasoning behind it, so I'm good with that.  You're wrong, but it's your opinion and that's cool.  I've already typed 10 million words in this thread about the players and owners, I'm not gonna try and change your mind. 

laugh.gif

.....good, now get off my +!** clown.

.....i challenge anyone to show me when and where the NBA players have done anything to gain leverage against 30 BILLIONAIRE owners and their hobby.
nerd.gif
  and please think before you respond, we're talking LEVERAGE people. this little NBA %%$! is PLAY MONEY to these billionaires. show me where these NBA players have done anything to try and challenge that
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

.....good, now get off my +!** clown.

.....i challenge anyone to show me when and where the NBA players have done anything to gain leverage against 30 BILLIONAIRE owners and their hobby.
nerd.gif
  and please think before you respond, we're talking LEVERAGE people. this little NBA %%$! is PLAY MONEY to these billionaires. show me where these NBA players have done anything to try and challenge that
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

there are only 10 billionaire owners in the NBA so the NBA money is definitely not just play money or a hobby for some owners.....just pointing that out

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

there are only 10 billionaire owners in the NBA so the NBA money is definitely not just play money or a hobby for some owners.....just pointing that out

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Why is that important to you?  Why is Leverage such a key to you?  In any sport, any business, you don't have leverage over the bosses.  The only "leverage" they may have is they are the workers, AND the product.  Use Intel as an example.  What if Computers simply got up and said @#$% this, we want more money.  Can't happen right, they're computers.  The product is an inanimate object.  NBA players, are not.  That's their leverage.  They are both.  And even still, leverage is not the point, in any way. 

Everyone knew before it all began that the players were losing this deal.  Nothing could be done to stop that.  Owners cried broke, players had to give money back.  That was that.  No leverage needed, and the players conceded.  Do you understand this? 

So they give the money back, now the owners want MORE, they want system fixes.  That's where the players are like "wait, we gave you your money, why mess with the system that produced 4.4 billion dollars?"  Why both?  That's what's goin on.  The owners have won the war, now they are trying to kill every single soldier.  That's what this is all about now.  They don't want to win by 50, they want to win by 700. 

Your leverage argument means nothing to nobody.  They aren't fighting for more of anything, they are trying to hold on to what they have left, that's all.  They don't want more money, they don't want system changes, they just want stuff left alone, here's your money, let's play ball. 

Back
Top Bottom