The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

The agreement is also said to include a relaxation of many of the system issues from the league's Nov. 10 proposal -- issues that led to the union's disclaimer and subsequent lawsuit. The league sought to control spending and improve competitive balance through a highly punitive luxury tax and further spending restrictions to be imposed on taxpaying teams, which the union considered unacceptable. Friday's compromise included the elimination of the smaller mid-level exception for taxpayers, the restoration of sign-and-trade and extend-and-trade transactions, and the removal of the harsher tax penalties for teams that are taxpayers four times in a five-year span.

"It's not the system we sought out to get in terms of a harder cap," Silver said, "but the luxury tax is harsher than it was in the past deal, and we hope it's effective."

The agreement is also said to include a relaxation of many of the system issues from the league's Nov. 10 proposal -- issues that led to the union's disclaimer and subsequent lawsuit. The league sought to control spending and improve competitive balance through a highly punitive luxury tax and further spending restrictions to be imposed on taxpaying teams, which the union considered unacceptable. Friday's compromise included the elimination of the smaller mid-level exception for taxpayers, the restoration of sign-and-trade and extend-and-trade transactions, and the removal of the harsher tax penalties for teams that are taxpayers four times in a five-year span.

"It's not the system we sought out to get in terms of a harder cap," Silver said, "but the luxury tax is harsher than it was in the past deal, and we hope it's effective."

DON'T YALL RUIN THIS NOW

2ajta2e.jpg

1zwp6co.jpg

2zdzjw5.jpg

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I'm being 100% serious, I did the Reggie Miller spinning jump celebration in my living room when I saw the news
I was at my gf's party and I was just glued in front of my iphone updating the hoopshype twitter feed, then when I saw it happened I literally popped a bottle
pimp.gif
1307380719_opening_champagne_bottle.gif

put on Sports Center and just ran in circles around everyone at the party
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I'm being 100% serious, I did the Reggie Miller spinning jump celebration in my living room when I saw the news
I was at my gf's party and I was just glued in front of my iphone updating the hoopshype twitter feed, then when I saw it happened I literally popped a bottle
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

some more details have leaked

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Minimum team salary increases to 85% in first two years of deal and 90% in years thereafter.
3 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski
Teams now have three days to match offer sheets given to their own restricted free agents.
4 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski
Mid-level exception: non-taxpaying teams can use a $5M MLE for up to 4 years. Taxpaying teams have a $3M mid-level for up to 4 years.
9 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski
new exception: $2.5M for teams below salary cap to go over the cap. Those teams can't use mid-level or bi-annual exceptions.
11 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski
More deal points: Max salaries: only 1 level equal to 30% of cap. Extend and trades: Still allowed. (Good news for Dwight Howard-Chris Paul)
12 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski
Contract lengths: 5 years (Bird rights), 4 years (non-Bird); Escrow: 10% annual; Rookie scale: No reduction. Minimum salary: no reduction.
14 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski
Here's a rundown on tentative labor deal points, via memo that's already being circulated to teams, players and agents for ratification.

some more details have leaked

Minimum team salary increases to 85% in first two years of deal and 90% in years thereafter.
3 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski
Teams now have three days to match offer sheets given to their own restricted free agents.
4 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski
Mid-level exception: non-taxpaying teams can use a $5M MLE for up to 4 years. Taxpaying teams have a $3M mid-level for up to 4 years.
9 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski
new exception: $2.5M for teams below salary cap to go over the cap. Those teams can't use mid-level or bi-annual exceptions.
11 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski
More deal points: Max salaries: only 1 level equal to 30% of cap. Extend and trades: Still allowed. (Good news for Dwight Howard-Chris Paul)
12 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski
Contract lengths: 5 years (Bird rights), 4 years (non-Bird); Escrow: 10% annual; Rookie scale: No reduction. Minimum salary: no reduction.
14 minutes ago

Adrian Wojnarowski
Here's a rundown on tentative labor deal points, via memo that's already being circulated to teams, players and agents for ratification.

At the end of the day we don't care for the details of the deal, just glad there is a season. We'll worry about the future later. Enjoy the games while we can.

At the end of the day we don't care for the details of the deal, just glad there is a season. We'll worry about the future later. Enjoy the games while we can.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

No, if there is no amnesty clause I am going to be pissed.  Blazers need to be able to get rid of B.Roy.

Back
Top Bottom