The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
he wasn't even there half the season :lol:

This is what I didn't understand the most. A guy that had never been a coach before in his life stepped in and actually had a better W/L record than him then Kerr comes back and coaches like 30 games and they hand him COY. Stotts or Casey for sure deserved that award.

GSW abandoned their bench depth and rolled with 8 tonight.

They played 10 total but Vera @8 Speights @5 and Barbosa @4.

That depth is good for nothing this time of year

No need to play the what-if game last year invalidating the Warriors' title. There is a lot of what-ifs the Warriors can play this year (the suspension, Bogut injury, etc.), but I won't go there. Cavs earned it the same way Warriors earned their championship last year.
Exactly. All that salty butthurt discrediting someones accomplishments because things didnt go how you wanted it to go is lame.
And its the same dudes last year that wanted people to give GSW props for winning.

Biggest story of the Playoffs was Lebron forcing the whole World to put some respect on his legacy
Yup. I feel like tonight was the moment the Lebby slander/jokes finally comes to an end and respek this all-timer the same way people did with Timmy and Washed Mamba at the tail end of his career.

WATTBA :smokin

Last edited:
View media item 2074603

Notice the text on the bottom. Not just a finals series.. But any friggin playoff series. :wow:

That's crazy.

Dray suspension the ignition.
Bogut injury
Iggy lame
I'd never noticed how that is almost the mirror of the Cavs last year - JR suspended, Love season ending injury and Kyrie lame (then out completely).

GSW abandoned their bench depth and rolled with 8 tonight.

They played 10 total but Vera @8 Speights @5 and Barbosa @4.

That depth is good for nothing this time of year

The Cavs did the same in game 7 - I saw the starters plus Shump, Richardson and Mo - and Mo only played 5.

Lebron had 11s rest the whole game.

Last edited:
For all the hate Cavs/LeBron fans get I have to say...
This thread is WAAY milder than it was last year when GSW on the championship.

The slander levels last year were at unbelievable heights.

But its hard to hate LeBron when all of the excuses have gone away now.

Cant say he isnt clutch.
Cant say he doesnt have killer instinct after those last 3 games where he put the team on his back(Of course Uncle Drew helped in game 5).
Cant say he doesnt win big games.
He crossed the 3 championship threshold.

The only thing yaw have left is hairline jokes.

NO EXCUSES remember?

Last edited:
Reactions: OTG
Lost in all of this is how well Kevin played. You may never see him defend like that ever again.

Is there Klay slander going around for him just hitting the locker room right after? From what I saw only Curry and Green stayed on the court to show congrats to the Cavs.

and it was a really fun game 7/series, but its still wwnba from this point on

Last edited:
I'm blessed. I can't really put this feeling into words.

From the days of 01' here posting pics of myself at Cavs games back when the seats were blue, with the days of Andre Miller and Wesley Person, it was all a journey the whole way through to achieve what we did tonight. I feel validated.

I used to catch so much slander from NT back in '05-12'; from believing so much into he would stay in 2010 and not leave, to those 26 consecutive losses in 10'-11', to even watching Lebron host that trophy for Miami. My 'bias' Cleveland outlook left me looking like a fool in these threads buried in this forum, but I always knew we were destined for this.

Couldn't of been a better year for the city of Cleveland to bring home the ultimate Grail. You take the 0 out of 2016 and you have our area code (216) installed into timing history in no way a championship has ever correlated time and relevance together.

I was at quicken loans area tonight, the only place I could ever imagine seeing myself celebrating the championship. Witnessed it with my wife, the lady of dreams and the backbone to my life. She witnessed a grown man cry tears in front of her, but thankfully those tears were tears of joy and at that moment we realized we were champions. I embraced every moment of it.

2016 World Champions Cleveland Cavaliers.

That's beautiful.

Peace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom