The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even lie man it really did suck.

First one of my teams to win a chip in my life time.

missed the parade too. :smh:
for me . I would never go to the parade again. Night of winning the with all the fans just acting a fool around the stadium was my favorite moments as a fan.

Smh at stat padding mj

Last edited:
When I see this "pass the torch" nonsense with Jordan, Kobe, LeBron and Steph...and they just leave out Duncan and Shaq like they weren't the guys the torch was really passed to.
Nobody talks about bigs in that manner as far as passing the torch.

Big men have their own tourch. 
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio  

Why not?

You can make a very stronger argument over Duncan having the better career.

I honestly believe some of you are quick to dismiss the notion Duncan had a better career simply because Kobe was more "well known". Duncan was also the quiet, not in your face, no fanfare type of player. The guy was simply a fundamental winning machine.

I actually have Duncan in my top 5
Kobe never had the luxury of 1 coach

The Spurs made sure Duncan always had a supporting great cast while the Lakers really thought Kobe could do it by himself.

Duncan wasn't rob rings with a veto.

Kobe >>>> Duncan

Duncan is a great though.
hmmmm ...

MJ

Just look at that ... I don't even know why I put so much energy to hate on Be in when he's never been on this level ... Ever ...
And fools on NT ask was MJ overrated
roll.gif

Latest podcast episode of Bill Simmons featuring Jimmy Butler.

We got some time to kill before game time and this podcast is always a good listen... They discuss the difference between guarding Lebron and Steph so you can say it's finals related.
Great pod. Want to know who Jimmy has beef with haha!

Kobe never had the luxury of 1 coach

The Spurs made sure Duncan always had a supporting great cast while the Lakers really thought Kobe could do it by himself.

Duncan wasn't rob rings with a veto.

Kobe >>>> Duncan

Duncan is a great though.

Robbed rings? So we're giving Kobe imaginary rings now? Assuming the Lakers would've automatically won the NBA championship :lol:

Luxury of 1 coach? Kobe had arguably the greatest coach in professional basketball. And played alongside one of the most dominate players in NBA history.

Kobe had ALL the tools and opps to win more than he ever has. Duncan has consistently won all throughout his career without ever having a single speedbump or hiccup.

Deminimizing Duncan to just "great" is disrespectful in so many levels.

Last edited:
Ive reiterated mad times, Bogut clocks 15 min MAX. Hes no a huge loss by any means.

Losing Barnes would be more impactful.

come on man 3 hours til game time and yall talking bout kobe duncan mj bill simmons

lets get back to cookies, women, and shoes

and funny stuff

Robbed rings? So we're giving Kobe imaginary rings now? Assuming the Lakers would've automatically won the NBA championship
laugh.gif

Luxury of 1 coach? Kobe had arguably the greatest coach in professional basketball. And played alongside one of the most dominate players in NBA history.

Kobe had ALL the tools and opps to win more than he ever has. Duncan has consistently won all throughout his career without ever having a single speedbump or hiccup.

Deminimizing Duncan to just "great" is disrespectful in so many levels.
Yeah I went a lil far with it, I'm still made over it.

**** you Stern!
mad.gif

Yes Kobe had some years of great teams and organizational decisions and he's had years of straight waste.

Like you said Duncan has had a seamless career.

Duncan and the Spurs = Tom Brady and the Patriots.

I can't even lie man it really did suck.

First one of my teams to win a chip in my life time.

missed the parade too. :smh:
for me . I would never go to the parade again. Night of winning the with all the fans just acting a fool around the stadium was my favorite moments as a fan.

Smh at stat padding mj

I definitely feel you, I couldn't care less about viewing the actual parade. I just want to drink by the lake with the fam, spit at drunk women, all in the middle of the day during the work week - unified in solidarity.

Ive reiterated mad times, Bogut clocks 15 min MAX. Hes no a huge loss by any means.

Losing Barnes would be more impactful.
15 mins is more than a quarter of the game bro.

He's been an amazing rim protector and he's their best off-ball screen setter, which is very important with how many curls & pindowns they run.

Not as huge as losing Draymond obviously, but they'll miss him nonetheless.

Losing Bogut hurts in the sense that he's effective in those 15 mins typically. He'll get some bodies out of the way, can pass and rebound.

Festus can't catch a goddamn basketball let alone be decisive, so the impact on those 15 mins does add something. In this case, whether GSW can hold it down during a CLE run.

6 PM is too early. People are still at work at that point. I couldnt imagine trying to dip at 4:30 because I wanna be home in time to watch a basketball game.

It must be worse for the football fans too. I can't imagine having to watch an east coast game at 10 AM
sick.gif
West Coast is undeniably better for football.  I dont even understand how anyone could argue otherwise.  Games starting at 10AM, 1PM and then the night game at 5:30PM.  Its football all day long.  What can possibly be bad about that?  

I'm interested to see how much of an impact the Bogut injury will be.

Lebby and Myrie better eat in the paint. TT too.

You guys are acting like Bogut plays a lot of minutes and contributes greatly. He's probably the 6th or 7th most important warrior.

I'm serious when I say Boguts ability to get away with illegal screens will have an impact. Legal screens as well. They lost a rim protector, but it could also mean less open shots for Curry and Klay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom