The Official NBA Season Thread: Derrick Rose Retires 🌹 / KAT Traded to the Knicks for Randle and DiVincenzo

I like the trade for both teams but for the wolves a bit more.

They still have Naz who can space the floor as well. If they don’t wanna go with Randle. Heck, He was on Jokic as well and Gobert providing the help side.

DDV is also a great fit next to anyone with his shooting annd especially on a team with Gobert . Flexibility wise they also improved. For Teams that made the conference finals and couldn’t get the job done. You can’t go to the new year without upgrading . They lost Kyle Anderson and only got Dillingham who won’t be counted on anyway.They at least tried something different and i don’t think the talent between Kat and Randle is that big
I also think Randle’s….. personality :lol: will prevent him from just floating behind the arc like KAT was doing

But on the other end, they got worse if you’re looking at a matchup with Denver.

not only that but jeff teague is a professional basketball player... thats like saying mario manningham will beat frank ntilikina on 1 v 1

Stay safe KAT

Mean_Girls_film_poster.png

Win in what way? Neither of these teams will be in the finals in the foreseeable future.

Getting better.

First off, you don't know if either team will make the Finals, that's simply conjecture. Secondly, if you're making the outlook of this trade as a general bet on the field, it doesn't leave much room for the myriad of things that can happen in an NBA season and the playoffs that could still make both teams better, but still fall short. Essentially, there's nothing insightful about your prediction.

Wolves badly needed some physicality on offense. Hopefully part of ANTs progression sees him at the line a lot more this season, but Randle ensures some toughness on that end. The benefit of Donte is obvious. Defensively, I'm pretty sure it was a consensus that it was the team defense that made Gobert and not the other way around, and while KAT had his moments, he wasn't a consistent defensive stalwart. Naz Reid, much better in that regard. He's going to see the court more often. The Wolves already had front court depth, now they have backcourt depth while maintaining depth up front, added physicality and much needed 3 pt. shooting.

I think itll work out. What that means, I have no idea. Just glad they still top 3 of the no excuses list. :smokin

As a die hard Knicks fan, I'm not happy losing Donte! Before Randle got hurt he was ballin, not a fan of Kat. I was also wrong about acquiring Brunson, hope I'm wrong with this trade as well.

Also with Randle, I feel like his mental with the NY crowd would swing too much. Things were either amazing, or pretty terrible. Not really any middle ground.

Finding more of an equilibrium away from them could be good for him both on and off court.

The Wolves are no worse against Denver. :lol:

Don't forget Naz is still around

To piggyback off what B Sox B Sox said, i think the Wolves are confident in what they can do against Denver. It still won't be easy, but not much has really changed with that...they need to also step up against OKC now plus they got exposed vs. Dallas and needed answers.

Standing still with no/limited moves after a deep run, you don't just go a bit further automatically the next year...most of the time you can be assured to take a step back. The Wolves got better.

Gobert/Randle front court :sick:
Enjoy the last season of Naz on this team

I would’ve prefer to run it back. Media day kicks off and you’re doing a trade this close to the season? This season don’t mean absolute $&@% now to me. Ant will show out cool but now Randle & Gobert have PO options and will pick up, Naz will get a huge contract thrown at him so the Wolves can’t match.

There better be a plan and I’m emotional as hell but KD is not fixing this for me at this point with all the crap that comes with him and his recent injury history too.

Just run it back Dallas was the only other team that we have to compete with. OKC? we body up front, SAC? Whatever, PHX? They still trash! Memphis, FOH. Both LA teams and GS not making the play in so why do this move outside of the money?

I think we all knew the Knicks were gearing up for a final trade and I think the fit with Randle had its questions. I wish we could have seen what the team looked like even with Mitch being hurt before we made this trade. I get you want to go into training camp with your team and players could always get hurt but I will miss Julius and Donte. I know people missed the old players we traded away and then you start winning and you forget but Julius I don't know. I liked him a lot despite his struggles at times. I'm also not crazy about KAT.

Having said that, I know a lot of people had their doubts about Marcus smarted leaving the Celtics and how he was the heart and soul and blah blah blah. And while I'm sure the fans wishes he were still around that championship makes you feel better

Back
Top Bottom