The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Randle's gonna be 29, and I'd rather have KAT over him. I can't picture a package I'd want with the Knicks but throw them out if there's a good one.

Randle's gonna be 29, and I'd rather have KAT over him. I can't picture a package I'd want with the Knicks but throw them out if there's a good one.
They would probably offer you Randle+1 or 2 of the young guards (Grimes,McBride, hopefully IQ if they cared about potential salary cap implications)+picks.

Randle is 2+1 (PO) and young guards are all in their final year of team option deals so I think you would retain their bird rights. Definitely will need all the FRPs you can get. Could probably get a better haul next summer, though and his higher cap number might help with the required filler.

The Gobert trade crippled you guys. I just feel the amount of money for your “Big 3” when extensions kick in is going to look goofy for a perennial play-in team.

I’d be happy to take Yogurt on the Dubs. Send him our way. We polish those sort of guys right up. Sometimes the right leader inspirational stephfortless leader is all a man needs.
Actually strictly in terms of fit a gobert for draymond swap makes some sense for both teams. I’m just not sure anyone would be willing to pay the salary draymond is likely looking for.

Hell nah but damn why not? They already got big bodies, they need a floor general. Conley is cool but he’s old. It’s comes down to whether Ant wants the money or if he comes back for less. Hunter is my guy but he can go too, I like what Jalen Johnson has been doing this season.

Murray, Bogey, Ant, Collins and Capela would be nasty. It won’t be lob city like with Trae but it’s still solid.

I know dudes annoyed with Trae rn but im not trying to see a full season of Murray running the offense :lol: Im not gonna let two quarters in this series where he was hitting his shots while Trae was on the bench with a bench unit that has better spacing than our starting 5 make me forget how those full games we had without trae this season went and how the offense looked. Thats not really a knock on Murray tho cause I love him on the team but he's just not a real floor general or playmaker in that way.

Fr fr Collins and Hunter gotta go even if its for nothing special just get dudes that teams know they actually have to guard. Celtics aren't even closing them out Tatum and Brown just been blowing by them like they not there, they gonna get theirs always cause they that good but they don't even make them sweat when they guarding one of em. I feel like Quinn sees it too cause Collins didn't play the last like 6 minutes of the 4th and we closed with Bey. If we still had Nate Collins for sure finishing that game. Hope that continues and Bey and Johnson keep taking more of his minutes. And Hunter is lucky he's the best perimeter defender on the team by default cause he don't deserve to be playing the minutes he does either and thats the only reason he is.

I know dudes annoyed with Trae rn but im not trying to see a full season of Murray running the offense :lol: Im not gonna let two quarters in this series where he was hitting his shots while Trae was on the bench with a bench unit that has better spacing than our starting 5 make me forget how those full games we had without trae this season went and how the offense looked. Thats not really a knock on Murray tho cause I love him on the team but he's just not a real floor general or playmaker in that way.
Fr fr Collins and Hunter gotta go even if its for nothing special just get dudes that teams know they actually have to guard. Celtics aren't even closing them out Tatum and Brown just been blowing by them like they not there, they gonna get theirs always cause they that good but they don't even make them sweat when they guarding one of em. I feel like Quinn sees it too cause Collins didn't play the last like 6 minutes of the 4th and we closed with Bey. If we still had Nate Collins for sure finishing that game. Hope that continues and Bey and Johnson keep taking more of his minutes. And Hunter is lucky he's the best perimeter defender on the team by default cause he don't deserve to be playing the minutes he does either and thats the only reason he is.
I can’t get the picture out of my head of what Miami did to him last year, they sonned him in that series. Or the ice cold streaks, Trae’s inconsistency is my biggest knock against him, he might play like last night or he might be bricking logo 3’s all night and crying to refs until he gets T’d up because they’re not calling shooting fouls for him anymore.

I like that Quinn is shaking up the rotations. Collins and Hunter were both too comfortable in their roles. I didn’t like the Bey addition at first but he’s coming into his own now, still miss Red Velvet.

I can’t get the picture out of my head of what Miami did to him last year, they sonned him in that series. Or the ice cold streaks, Trae’s inconsistency is my biggest knock against him, he might play like last night or he might be bricking logo 3’s all night and crying to refs until he gets T’d up because they’re not calling shooting fouls for him anymore.

I like that Quinn is shaking up the rotations. Collins and Hunter were both too comfortable in their roles. I didn’t like the Bey addition at first but he’s coming into his own now, still miss Red Velvet.
Miami series was horrible they went all out to shut him down and make his life miserable at least having someone like Murray now when have a chance to survive moments where Trae not playing well he on the bench compared to last year where the team was doomed in those situations. Trae is a flawed player he’s not a guy that can carry you to a title or finals but to me that’s not reason to trade someone or you better off without him. I see it like devin booker and the suns. Before CP3 I’m positive there was some people saying (cause there always is) why don’t the suns trade booker he can’t do xyz as your best player which is true about booker but would the suns be in the situation they in now if they moved off him cause of what he isn’t despite him still being a obviously great player? Nah they wouldn’t be.

I don’t see the solution to our situation as trade the best player cause of what he can’t do/be but try to get guys better than him in addition that can make up for what he can’t do/be. Now how does that go especially with what we already traded for Murray? Or whos attainable? I dunno but that’s the better route to go.

Randle + IQ would likely have the other team sending a pick over or more depending on the player in return.
IQ can start, and thrive, for every team that failed to qualify for postseason play. And perhaps even for a handful who are playing now.

Dubious needs a vet laden team where he is not the first option and not in a leadership position within the locker room.

Idk y this idea persists that NY has to go nuclear on their end whenever they need to make a deal. This FO has shown in its brief tenure that they don’t get down like that; throwing picks away Minnesota style.
I like Mia if we’re just gonna sacrifice those 2 for the easiest return w/ the least roster shakeup.

Miami series was horrible they went all out to shut him down and make his life miserable at least having someone like Murray now when have a chance to survive moments where Trae not playing well he on the bench compared to last year where the team was doomed in those situations. Trae is a flawed player he’s not a guy that can carry you to a title or finals but to me that’s not reason to trade someone or you better off without him. I see it like devin booker and the suns. Before CP3 I’m positive there was some people saying (cause there always is) why don’t the suns trade booker he can’t do xyz as your best player which is true about booker but would the suns be in the situation they in now if they moved off him cause of what he isn’t despite him still being a obviously great player? Nah they wouldn’t be.

I don’t see the solution to our situation as trade the best player cause of what he can’t do/be but try to get guys better than him in addition that can make up for what he can’t do/be. Now how does that go especially with what we already traded for Murray? Or whos attainable? I dunno but that’s the better route to go.
I don’t like the Booker analogy because he plays defense, has size and can hit any shot but I agree that I don’t know the solution to our problem. I think the lack of veterans in the locker room doesn’t help either.

T'Wolves got to extend Ant and Jaden this summer (or by next summer) too. Massive payroll in the years to follow.

I don’t like the Booker analogy because he plays defense, has size and can hit any shot but I agree that I don’t know the solution to our problem. I think the lack of veterans in the locker room doesn’t help either.
Not tryin to compare there games 1 to 1 but comparing the similar situations of guys who are great but need someone better than them too to really raise the ceiling. And yea we got no vets.

0A9D739E-505A-4A44-9A8C-37738F8D3358.gif

Sixers -2 yall enjoy your day

Back
Top Bottom