The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Sooo…wonder what the race to be righteous looks like.

We are going to see reporters and media personnel saying “Justice was served” and “his actions were dispiciable and disgusting” and he deserved more.

The race is on.

Shoulda been 10 games.

25 is still triple what the first suspension was. Considering he wasn't actually charged with anything that seems about right. Hope he gets his **** together from now on.

Look happy for Ja. But let that been Draymond hell Charles Oakley, Vernon Maxwell, Rasheed Wallace. Would’ve been out the league. Am I lying???????

Announcement
As multiple people in here have stated, I think 17-18 games to ensure he is ineligible for any postseason accolades seems like the minimum and also the right amount. That is a true "punishment". He still may play less than 65 games even if they give him 10 but from the perspective of Adam Silver, making an All-NBA talent ineligible for any awards shows that league and governors are serious about non-legal off the court matters while not going over the top. That should scare some players straight because we know how much money a lot of these guys have riding on those All-NBA selections.

For reference - 17-18 games should put him out until right before Thanksgiving and 30 is right before Christmas.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if the Grizzlies FO/Management knew already for the purposes you mentioned but the league (and obviously team) haven't gone public yet. There may be something out there debunking that possibility, though.

But yeah, I think Friday, the day after the parade makes the most sense for a media announcement.

Friday announcement :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
17-18 minimum :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:

The league got this one right. Now we can focus on FA f'ery and the draft. Anti-climactic as hell :lol:

But apparently the suspension has stipulations that if he does not meet that it could be longer :nerd:

Gonna sound crazy, but maybe the Griz should reconsider letting DB walk. Reason I say that is because they held it down before while he was out

Who was it that was saying Ja's boy set him up?

I would imagine one of the conditions is for him to drop these goofy dudes around him.

Back
Top Bottom