The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

With all this technology and strict punishments it’s probably impossible to cheat the way we did back in the day?

I guess it depends on when you define as “back in the day” but I am also not talking about your regular run of the mill cheating like plagiarism, utilizing test banks, etc. Folks were legitimately running Ocean’s 11 type schemes.

I used it to cheat on online tests during both of my master's programs. Even at that level, teachers are lazy AF with creating tests and most just find the questions from pools of questions online. Quizlet was goated.

BIG FACTS.

I might not have gotten my last grad degree without it. Them damn tests was crazy and had a timer.

Quizlet was the most clutch. Chegg and other websites were there too, but half the answers were wrong. But **** it, gotta get it done. 🤷‍♂️

With all this technology and strict punishments it’s probably impossible to cheat the way we did back in the day?

Depends on the teacher/professor and how difficult they want to make it. You have lockdown browsers, testing centers, plagiarism software.

In my lab I have a monitoring system installed that I can see every kids screen at once, control their computer, monitor keystrokes etc. Only way you can cheat if I wanted to really be on it would be to use your phone and I can make you drop those off before entering the class.

Then maybe bringing a dummy phone with you would be the next step but once again how much effort do you want to put into the cheating. I don't even view Quizlet and those other sites as cheating.

I used it to cheat on online tests during both of my master's programs. Even at that level, teachers are lazy AF with creating tests and most just find the questions from pools of questions online. Quizlet was goated.
And this is why it’s pointless

977C4F6D-32B8-4118-BACB-4C807686231D.jpeg

Speaking of the MID3

I guess it depends on when you define as “back in the day” but I am also not talking about your regular run of the mill cheating like plagiarism, utilizing test banks, etc. Folks were legitimately running Ocean’s 11 type schemes.
That’s how a group of my friends were in high school. If they put the same amount of time they didn’t into coming up with cheating schemes as they did just plain studying, they probably would have done even better in those classes :lol:

I understand the importance of not allowing kids to rely on notes for a test but as an adult it's ridiculous. We use aids to supplant our knowledge all the time. Forcing grown people to retain a bunch of knowledge they'll later only recall with help is pointless. Handwritten notes at least suggest some level of engagement with the topic.

So a R&B singer from Milwaukee is handing out passes to NBA players?? Lmfao

I’m glad Draymond pressed him about it. “Explain yourself if you wanna be heard.” :rofl: Looks like dude clammed up too. Sucker.

There is no chance they ever actually change the logo, right? I feel it is too central to the league’s brand. Kobe would be the least controversial choice, though.

I understand the importance of not allowing kids to rely on notes for a test but as an adult it's ridiculous. We use aids to supplant our knowledge all the time. Forcing grown people to retain a bunch of knowledge they'll later only recall with help is pointless. Handwritten notes at least suggest some level of engagement with the topic.
Once you get past like middle school or so, open note tests always seem like the way to go for everything.

Back
Top Bottom