The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Big fan of Kuminga's development lately. He's showing the passing chops to really play off the Warriors guards while applying rim pressure when he gets downhill.

But what does this have to do with who should be MVP?

funny-smokey.gif

Also, Perk was right. Guys like JJ and Malone can get defensive and cry about it but at least 70% of the people voting for MVP are white. That's inherently biased no matter how you slice it. We can pretend like that doesn't play a part in the hype Jokic gets and the way his flaws are downplayed
There’s definitely bias. Undeniably. The MVP convo is weirder than it’s ever been. Both things can be true.

His numbers go up and efficiency is better. I know there’s a desire to make things black and white to dumb down the argument, but we can still look at how both have performed. Not that difficult.
And all that to have the same amount of rings. We're talking MVPs, why do y'all always pivot to playoff talk? No one cares that Jokic plays efficiently while getting kicked out the playoffs. It has nothing to do with MVP

And all that to have the same amount of rings. We're talking MVPs, why do y'all always pivot to playoff talk? No one cares that Jokic plays efficiently while getting kicked out the playoffs. It has nothing to do with MVP
Who is y’all? People who are on your “side” have consistently brought up MVP talk for weeks now. You been missing for this convo?

I have no dog in this fight. 3 dudes having incredible seasons and all deserving on winning MVP. The convo is redundant and weird. Will be glad when it’s over.

There’s definitely bias. Undeniably. The MVP convo is weirder than it’s ever been. Both things can be true.

white people being this defensive about admitting inherit bias, is saying something

seemed wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too eager to correct what perk said “80%” to 68%

Who is y’all? People who are on your “side” have consistently brought up MVP talk for weeks now. You been missing for this convo?

I have no dog in this fight. 3 dudes having incredible seasons and all deserving on winning MVP. The convo is redundant and weird. Will be glad when it’s over.
I've been in and out this thread so maybe I've missed out on some context.

I've been in and out this thread so maybe I've missed out on some context.
Yea, playoff performance has been extremely important to the #AnybodyButJokic guys for weeks. Then we started getting video montages of defense. The discussion has just been nasty. Embiid is in the lead now. Curious to see how the season ends.

Nah people were talking about Joker, Luka, Tatum, Embiid, Giannis, KD and even Ja that early in the season.

My guy they was talking but it wasnt gaining momentum like it is this past month

Joker was the clear favorite since the season started and got out to a HUGE lead that he didnt deserve

And yea i go by gambling odds 🤷 Vegas knows

Nah people were talking about Joker, Luka, Tatum, Embiid, Giannis, KD and even Ja that early in the season.
Like, why even lie about this? :lol: Tatum and KD we’re getting heavy bump for MVP early on. Creating their own realities.

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE

Thats what about 80% in this thread dont understand how 2 months in they already crowned joker

That is why this has been a big topic.. the media had Giannis/Embiid nowhere near joker

EYES finally got opened

Also some got money on the MVP damn right id be happy if it hits.. if it loses **** happens i always take Ls
My guy they was talking but it wasnt gaining momentum like it is this past month

Joker was the clear favorite since the season started and got out to a HUGE lead that he didnt deserve

And yea i go by gambling odds 🤷 Vegas knows
1679580043670.gif

Jokic been the most consistent MVP candidate when you factor in individual and team success until the last three weeks.

Embiid was very good but the Sixers were 12-12 at one point in December before ripping off a bunch of wins. Embiid been on a crazy run the last six weeks.

Giannis was very good (had a dip in the beginning of January though), keeping the Bucks afloat before winning like 16 straight games.

Jokic been the most consistent MVP candidate when you factor in individual and team success until the last three weeks.

Embiid was very good but the Sixers were 12-12 at one point in December before ripping off a bunch of wins.

Giannis was very good (had a dip in the beginning of January though), keeping the Bucks afloat before winning like 16 straight games.
Jokic won 48 games on a 6 seed last year. That's what makes malone's comments so ******* stupid

Back
Top Bottom