The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

The narrative is that 'the west is wide open' and anybody can win. Meanwhile Denver has been the 1 seed all year without the expectations that come with it. They've been the best team in the west. Guys like KCP and brown have been considered championship pieces on other teams. Murray has been hyped like crazy. Porter too to a lesser extent. So they should be expected to win the championship

Yah i've been skeptical of Booker, but I think he's proved that his game is just more valuable in the playoffs.

lots of guys will put up more regular season raw total value,
but his particular skill set I think is just more valuable in the playoffs. Very Kobe-like.
I like Kobe more. not really a big fan of Kobe but that says a lot. Booker? I dunno. he's like Jimmy Butler.

I don't think it's a mistake quite yet.
The new CBA rules are gonna make it even tougher to build truly great dominant teams.

I think the quality of the average championship team. Is gunna go down a bit from what we are use to.

and imo Book + KD + Role guys who can shoot is enough to be contenders going forward.

Id rather have KD then go start rolling dice on draft picks hoping you get a guy good enough to pair with Booker.

I agree, I wouldn't count the suns out next year. KD came in mid season and there was clearly gaps to fill. They will need to fill em this offseason.

With that being said, they need to get rid of Ayton. He clearly doesn't want to be there and needs a change of scenery. I also don't think Monty is the right coach for this team anymore.

I don't really know what to do with Chris Paul, if he were healthy, he would be a great fit. But he keeps getting hurt at the worst time and it happens too often to think it won't happen again. KD and CP3 would need to be load managed.

Suns lost and the "NBA is rigged" is in full salute at the job. As if ANYBODY rather see Joker vs Steph or LeBrown rather than Durant.

This hits dif now 😬
IMG_4979.jpeg

had to black the bad words out cause the mods alr on my case :smile:

I like Kobe more. not really a big fan of Kobe but that says a lot. Booker? I dunno. he's like Jimmy Butler.

Prime Kobe is bigger and a an elite athlete so his ceiling is higher.

but they similar player types in that, the regular season efficiency may not be off the charts
but tough shot making, and the lack of offensive holes make them more valuble in the playoffs.

We always on opposite sides of the line. However can't lie that is the truth. In his defense he was trying to get out of Phoenix, and they was like nah get back here and suffer.

AND!!! Look at those trash Converse he cosigned on.

OMG look at Devin Booker promoting a product by Nike, who is paying him a 8 figure salary a year to do so.

A product that ended up selling out.

How dare he!

nah jimmy can will his team to win, don't see book doing that tbh
hes a one way player
The comparison falls a little flat since the Mavs had key players that were older vets and they had a defensive anchor in chandler

Btw Peja never played again after that season and kidd was 37
good point
nah

They have a lower quality 2nd option than you typically see in title teams in Jason Terry/Jamal Murray.
and are more built on the synergy with main star and continuity.
good point

I agree. But that was the argument all season even though they were the #1 seed in the West. It was probably a topic of debate to add to his MVP campaign. But this Nuggets team is deep enough.
Who was saying the nuggs had mediocre help, I’m need receipts

I know what BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE been saying about Murray and porter all season, but who else thought his help was poor

I did not say this to be clear, I have been confused by the narrative that Jokic doesn’t have adequate help (or that porter and Murray are sub par) when he has one of the most complete teams in the league
Have people really been saying that this season? His help was mid the prior two season when Murray was out, but roster is significantly better overall this season and I thought most people recognized that.

Have people really been saying that this season? His help was mid the prior two season when Murray was out, but roster is significantly better overall this season and I thought most people recognized that.
This season was way different than past ones

The seasons where Jokic had a team full of injured players were washes

But I’m asking the same thing as you are

Back
Top Bottom