The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Any reason you use the Russ gif? Cuz he damn sure ain’t even do that.

One guy has the offensive game of prime Larry Bird along with being a Joel Embiid level defender... the other guy is just there to have fun & chase stats they shouldn't be compared honestly.... My apologies

Fun fact.... Since the bubble wasn't real, the best player in the league has a total of 3 wins outside the first round... & ain't won a singular game in the second round in two years

clearly the most dominant big since Shaq was around :pimp:

29B073E0-201E-44C0-901D-49992A53F579.jpeg

:nerd:

And knowing how bad the Lakers want it I’m not settling for anything less than .75 on the aingelpainal [ap] scale.

Chicago should look to dismantle. This is what they are & won’t be getting better.

Shaq & Snoop Dogg are inescapable. Especially Snoop :lol:

big facts. I walked into this janky run down gas station by my sons school. lil mexican joint, nobody speaks english at all, gotta taqueria in the back all that. And in the middle of the store was a Corona Statue of Snoop Dogg...I instantly bust out laughing. Snoop probably is top 5 most recognizable people on the damn planet. Idc what age/demographic you are, you know who Snoop Dogg is.

What exactly is disingenuous about saying Jokic should be good enough to win a championship? Yall are weird

This is what makes it weird to me. You say this about Jokic in one breath.
74D62730-A093-4A24-B803-2893BB9EA310.jpeg

Then you say this next
5CD437FB-C376-43A5-842D-3D533E844BB5.jpeg

And yet you are holding on NT NBA Tribunal on why shouldn’t we expect Jokic when a few days ago you intimated Jokic was not a defender and saying it’s tough to win when your big can’t defend.

C’mon man

This is what makes it weird to me. You say this about Jokic in one breath.
74D62730-A093-4A24-B803-2893BB9EA310.jpeg

Then you say this next
5CD437FB-C376-43A5-842D-3D533E844BB5.jpeg

And yet you are holding on NT NBA Tribunal on why shouldn’t we expect Jokic when a few days ago you intimated Jokic was not a defender and saying it’s tough to win when your big can’t defend.

C’mon man
I don't even know how old that first quote is. You haven't seen all the praise Jokic has been getting this season? Given all that, what's wrong with saying he should be expected to win a championship? Unless you're saying he's not deserving of all the praise and the expectations shouldn't apply to him, only guys like Giannis Lebron etc like you've listed

• Haha
Reactions: HIM

:rofl:

Dudes really get paid millions not to follow the league outside of the stars and top teams :lol:

come on man. these are the spokespeople for the nba?
instead of hyping up the game, old nba heads tend to play the back in my day game too often just as a way to maintain their legacy/sense of superiority over these young kids. it's a terrible look and probably contributes to the nba being a little less popular than it should be

come on man. these are the spokespeople for the nba?
instead of hyping up the game, old nba heads tend to play the back in my day game too often just as a way to maintain their legacy/sense of superiority over these young kids. it's a terrible look and probably contributes to the nba being a little less popular than it should be
Just another reminder why losing Kobe hurts. He showed a lot of love to the players coming up after him, he would have been a great ambassador for the game over time.

Shaq has 3 different products in Office Depot. 3 different lifesized cardboard cutouts of Shaq in the store. Epson printers, his own line of office chairs, and i forget the 3rd but I believe he has so many endorsements he doesnt even keep track of them anymore. Mans will put his name on anything for the check
I thought you were just joking, but I checked and mans really does slang printers...
Epson_EcoTank_Shaq+Partnership_8963b952-23da-4ca3-9a2c-9a01648314d8-prv.jpg

I really want to know which type of person be inside Staples like "Oh, imma get this one, this the one Shaq uses"

Last edited:
That Top 10 Shaq said was clearly for effect.

He prob doesn’t know most bench players but what he said sounds damn near impossible.

I don't even know how old that first quote is. You haven't seen all the praise Jokic has been getting this season? Given all that, what's wrong with saying he should be expected to win a championship? Unless you're saying he's not deserving of all the praise and the expectations shouldn't apply to him, only guys like Giannis Lebron etc like you've listed

You’re just trying to work everyone in the thread and I into a shoot. I never even said expectations shouldn’t apply to him nor did I say they should apply to players like Giannis, LeBron, etc. If I am logically basing my expectations on history rather than personal opinions then they would have a WCF or Finals appearance unless a leap is taken because I am not sure how much better they are this year than last.

Seeding is also an important part of this as well. The thread is almost in consensus that the Warriors are one of the 2-3 teams in the West that matter. Denver could play in a 1v8 matchup in the first year. Assuming they win, they could have a LAC matchup in the second round and if they are healthy, that would be another tough matchup.

I think one can make some reasonable deductions at this point in the season but given the parity and all the teams that had players miss significant time, which was posted earlier, it is too early for me to say what a team should or should not do in the postseason.

Just trying to enjoy some healthy and hopefully injury-free basketball until then.

Back
Top Bottom