The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

I can't get with that. Level of play combined with popularity makes you a superstar. What the public thinks definitely plays a role. That's who's buying tickets and merch. A.I was a superstar after like his Rookie year. That's the impact Ja has had.
To each their own. I just like to base it off level of play and talent on the court. Shoe deals and tiktok views doesnt impact how I see a superstar 🤷🏿‍♂️

Ja is close but he isn't with those guys based off that. Tatum is close as well but not enough (yet)

But I don't think there's anything wrong adding the off the court stuff at all though if that's how you define a superstar. We all got a different criteria 🤷🏿‍♂️

Edit: I should also clarify someone like Joker's popularity is nothing here in the states* but globally its probably different.

To each their own. I just like to base it off level of play and talent on the court. Shoe deals and tiktok views doesnt impact how I see a superstar 🤷🏿‍♂️

Ja is close but he isn't with those guys based off that. Tatum is close as well but not enough (yet)

But I don't think there's anything wrong adding the off the court stuff at all though if that's how you define a superstar. We all got a different criteria 🤷🏿‍♂️

Edit: I should also clarify someone like Joker's popularity is nothing here in the states* but globally its probably different.

Let's be clear I ain't say nothing about TikTok views and social media. That's y'all. :lol:

Who people show up to see, who people want to watch. Who's style of play kids are copying and buying their jerseys and your influence plays a role in somebody being a superstar. Of course talent and on the court matters.

Embiid hasn't done more on the court than Ja so I don't know how that works. Tatum has done more on the court than Embiid. Since y'all brought it up Embiid has been more the talk of social media than over the years than Ja and Tatum without going further.

Embiid hasn't done more on the court than Ja so I don't know how that works. Tatum has done more on the court than Embiid. Since y'all brought it up Embiid has been more the talk of social media than over the years than Ja and Tatum without going further.
Please elaborate because I know you will bring up team success (which Ja hasnt). What else makes those two better players than Embiid?

Embiid hasn't done more on the court than Ja so I don't know how that works.
More All NBAs. All Defensive Teams. He's just been an elite player for longer than Ja

He's has having MVP type seasons b2b.

Embiid was also the scoring champ last season

Embiid is 4x All NBA
Ja is 1x

Come on man :lol: Ja can get there but Embiid has clearly done more on the court

Like I get the Tatum argument. I wouldn't even push back on that

Come on man :lol: Ja can get there but Embiid has clearly done more on the court
steve-carell-thankyou.gif

Ja is in the same tier as guys like Donovan Mitchell, Fox, Trae, SGA, Lillard, idk just thinking of some off the top of my head. Not superstar tier with KD, Curry, LeBron, Doncic, etc

Fox ain't even made a playoff yet while being in the league longer. I swear it must be 2 NBA's coming in this thread. :lol:

So on the court matters but team success don't? All Embiid has on them is he's been in the league longer.
Never said it didn't matter I asked what else? :lol: that isn't the end all be all

And Being in the league longer and playing at a higher level matters

Cmon man You don't become a superstar overnight.

Playing at high levels for consecutive years is a huge part of becoming a superstar

Back
Top Bottom