The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

1686088734371.png

This series is ultimately about the Nuggets defense. and intelligence.
They scored more than well enough to win.

It's about attention to detail, toughness, game plan discipline.

if they play smart and tough, they win, if they continue to do clownish ridiculous things, Miami can beat them.
This is how I see it. Miami is too talented to disrespect them with playing stupid. They will beat you and if the Nuggets (Porter, KCP and Murray) don't play significantly better on defense they won't win and wouldn't deserve to win. More often than not the smarter and more disciplined team will win at this stage. We saw it last year with GS and Boston.

Ironically I had local clowns look at me crazy when I said that I was really concerned with the defense after Game 1 only to see the same/worse nonsense in Game 2. Denver's offense is good enough but the defense hasn't been. If they hit more of their threes like they have in every other series, the media would focus on the defense which is where the focus should be.

In all seriousness and jokes aside (not only bc it’s a good topic but also 10 years from now posters might pull receipts on your joke):

I hope the nbas talk of ratings and narratives helps change the way the league is covered. Listening to JVG during a game talk about stupid **** or SAS pregame speak nonsense is what’s killing the league. Talk about the sports and the best players. It’s not that hard.

Normal human beings?

What’s more telling is how much more popular this denver vs miami finals is than the miami vs LAL series. Especially when you remember there wasn’t much for people to do in 2020 but stay home and watch tv.
Sports without fans was a very tough watch for a lot of people. It wasn’t the matchup itself necessarily

Back
Top Bottom