The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

I was pessimistic on the Nuggets title chances in large part because Jamal Murray only showed flashes here & there during the season.

He couldn’t sustain anything higher than 22 over any significant sample size. Hovered between 18-20 most of the time.

He didn’t look all-nba, much less a first team lock like he’s looked during this run.

He’s at 27 a night currently.

In a series with Jokic, LeBron & Anthony Davis he was the leading scorer AND it wasn’t close :lol:

Jokic has been the best player in the playoffs. Murray has a strong argument of being 2nd.

He’s better than he ever was.

My hesitation with Denver was they basically coasted for two months to end the season. Thought it'd be tough for them to flip the switch. Also, a team that relies on non-stars will naturally have higher variance from night to night.

Knew Jokic is special but this? Legendary.

Murray had like 7 turnovers and team still haven't shot the three ball well. Still room for improvement. Their record shows they are usually unbeatable when mpj plays well along with the other two.

Miami going to have to shoot the lights out and even then, they can still lose. Got to play near perfect ball

Murray had like 7 turnovers and team still haven't shot the three ball well. Still room for improvement.
Miami is probably gonna set a record for fewest points scored in the paint in a series. With an offense as 1 dimensional as that you have a lot of room for error.

The most important thing is the volume scoring, which he’s provided after adjusting to those blitzes in G2.

Miami is probably gonna set a record for fewest points scored in the paint in a series. With an offense as 1 dimensional as that you have a lot of room for error.

The most important thing is the volume scoring, which he’s provided after adjusting to those blitzes in G2.
Again. A lot of people harp on rim protection but big defense is so much more. It’s not just Jokic but he’s in position the majority of the time. He shows. He hedges. He’s 7 feet in space, just not at the rim

But most importantly, they defend as a team.

Jokic slander needs to stop. The nastiest part about trying to tear down Jokic is that one could easily put a microscope on Giannis' Finals/FMVP run while applying the same logic and now we're tearing down Top 5 players in the league. Why can't everyone who is a non-Heat fan just enjoy one of the best player's playing legendary basketball at the highest level? It's like the 2014 Finals. Beautiful basketball (especially the 2-man game between Jokic and Murray). ~80% of scored/assisted buckets between two guys is nuts.

fell asleep at halftime…just finished the game…

-jokics touch is unmatched man…if it touches any part of the rim it’s rolling in…i don’t think i’ve ever seen a stroke so soft… pause…

-never seen a team get right under the rim one and one like miami and get no points…can count multiple strips or blocks on bam right under the rim tonight…before tonight jimmy was driving, would be one on one under the rim, and passed it out…frustrating…get the foul at least…

vo81f2z28r4b1.jpg
What a clown. Sounds like major coping

Bam hasnt played bad but if he were able to really take it to joker on offense things could be different. Defensively miami gotta focus on slowing down murray. Joker will do what he does regardless but if u can limit murray from getting hot theyre quite beatable

ya the narrative of who they played is so damn dumb i hate when ppl try to downplay a good team

like many said - they play who is in front of them

sure my eagles lost in the SB but it was literally the same thing in the NFL thread and many were saying the same thing.. which QBs did they verse though to get to the SB etc

**** is dumb

anyway shout out to denver and its fans 2 wins away - I haven't really been tuned in much to the finals but i do catch highlights and what they are doing is dope

EYE dont see Miami coming back and winning let alone win another game

Bam quit shooting yesterday

Whole team looked lost in the third quarter

Spoelstra got too technical with the second half game plan

Series isn’t over.

Still I didn’t think Jokic had it in him to lead this team to a championship. Murray leveled up like crazy, legit all star level play. Even better.

Its really been the Jokic-Murray show so far with the role players playing mediocre.

Back
Top Bottom