The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

311415708_6344277648934039_7307016611509751579_n.jpg

312234268_5704658036224167_1243846479451774755_n.jpg

Weird discussion during opening night that somehow spilled over into this morning

BUT

GOOD MORNING LOS ANGELES

I'm not being daft. I'm just aware that once pitchforks are drawn, it's important to be CRYSTAL CLEAR.

I don't see how someone would be at fault for using Chinese slang or displaying Chinese customs if they literally grew up in a Chinese home or if their experience was predominantly Chinese.

Re: Blood in, Blood Out, or Carlton.

-foe
Lol, so now they’re pitch forks being drawn? Is this cancel culture too?

You’re obfuscating the point now, so I bow out. Obviously you understand how “Chinese slang” isn’t a good parallel to AAVE. I can speak French slang words and not be appropriating French culture — we both understand how AAVE is uniquely different here, or at least I hope so. But, you got it man.

On the bright side for the Lakers, they won’t be playing against GS every night. However, that supporting cast is terrible and the West is going to be significantly stronger. Only game they should probably be favored in in their next 5 to close out the month is Portland. And even that may be tough.

November slate they get Spurs x3, Jazz x2, and games against Detroit and Indiana. That will probably get them hovering somewhere around 500..Better hope some of these teams are willing to deal well before the trade deadline though, or they’re going to be in trouble.

Better hope some of these teams are willing to deal well before the trade deadline though, or they’re going to be in trouble.
Think they’re probably in trouble regardless. I just don’t get how they can get enough depth to make a difference tbh. This might be one of the worst rosters in the league behind AD and Bron. They had a 2nd round pick and drafted a guy who is nowhere near close to being a contributor :lol:. Pelinka really finessed them into an extension too.

Think they’re probably in trouble regardless. I just don’t get how they can get enough depth to make a difference tbh. This might be one of the worst rosters in the league behind AD and Bron. They had a 2nd round pick and drafted a guy who is nowhere near close to being a contributor :lol:. Pelinka really finessed them into an extension too.
Oh I don’t think there’s anything they can do that can make them a contender level team. Trading Russ’ expiring and the picks for multiple pieces at least makes them a bit more formidable.

And Myles Turner should NOT be one of the guys they trade for. They need multiple guys on the wing. Not another big. AD needs to just suck it up.

Oh I don’t think there’s anything they can do that can make them a contender level team. Trading Russ’ expiring and the picks for multiple pieces at least makes them a bit more formidable.

And Myles Turner should NOT be one of the guys they trade for. They need multiple guys on the wing. Not another big. AD needs to just suck it up.
Definitely, their window to contend is slammed shut. I just don’t even know if a Russ trade makes them a playoff team for sure either :lol:

Back
Top Bottom