The Official NBA Season Thread: Name a Random NBA Player

I know we'll all be bouncing our kids on our knees telling them about the time that....

Jason Kidd beat the 2003 Detroit Pistons and then got swept in the finals.

I know we'll all be bouncing our kids on our knees telling them about the time that....

Jason Kidd beat the 2003 Detroit Pistons and then got swept in the finals.
That was 02. They lost in 6 to SA in 03.

Not the strongest conference sure, but until Sheed was in the picture they took care of the pistons easily. And even with Sheed in 04 it was a 7 game battle. That same Piston team won it all, nets gave em the biggest challenge.

Kidd over Nash because his offense is better than Nash's defense.

And sure, defense matters least at that position but you can see that its pretty much impossible to win a ring with weak point-of-attack defense. Kidd could guard 1-3 while Nash was a liability at every spot defensively.

And while sure, those Nets teams weren't very good and played in the weakest conference of my lifetime, Nash played with an amazing roster of players during his time in Phoneix. Marion, Joe Cool, Amare, Diaw, etc

Also, end of the day you saw it down the stretch of their careers. Kidd got a ring at the end as a starter cause he maintained his defensive value late into his career.

Kidd over Nash because his offense is better than Nash's defense.

And sure, defense matters least at that position but you can see that its pretty much impossible to win a ring with weak point-of-attack defense. Kidd could guard 1-3 while Nash was a liability at every spot defensively.

And while sure, those Nets teams weren't very good and played in the weakest conference of my lifetime, Nash played with an amazing roster of players during his time in Phoneix. Marion, Joe Cool, Amare, Diaw, etc

Also, end of the day you saw it down the stretch of their careers. Kidd got a ring at the end as a starter cause he maintained his defensive value late into his career.
Nash was 9th in MVP voting when he was the age Kidd was when he won with the Mavs. He was better than Kidd at that age. He just happened to be playing with Marcia Gortat as the team’s leading scorer instead of Dirk :lol:

Back
Top Bottom