The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal

Folks saying this is steph’s signal to lacob and dunleavy to go get lauri for the young guys. But putting lauri on this squad in exchange for that depth doesn’t do much for them. He’s an easy 23-25 points and spaces the floor, but he can’t stay healthy enough or do enough on defense to raise the dubs’ ceiling.
This. Juice not worth the squeeze.

This should be great :pimp:

No distractions, no external variables, just straight hoops in a vaccum/controlled environment

We're never gonna see that again.

#NeverForget

20240724_121413.jpg
Disney *** ring. They better show those nice *** Disney resorts, Landry's chefs that catered steak and lobster. The game rooms. Masseuse teams. Gold course. And great lighting, elite depth perception (as cosigned by numerous players 'shooters paradise I believe it's been referred to) and lack of travel and fan distraction.

Granted Andre Roberson still can’t shoot. But he is looking good running the floor in this TBT. Locking up on defense as well. Did that injury set him back to not give him a chance back in the league? Or is it the lack of shooting in the way the nba is designed at this point?

I do think if the Bubble happened in ‘92 it would be viewed a lot different. We hate everything now a days. Basketball fans/media are forever disgruntled lol
I don’t think anyone hated the bubble. Basketball fans were appreciative that they figured out a way to get the season resolved. I definitely was. But the bubble title is different than others.

The regular length of the season, travel to different places to play games, home court advantage are significant factors as to the results of NBA seasons. None of that existed with the bubble, so it was different. That doesn’t mean the bubble title was inferior, but it’s not the same as a regular title. That’s not hating; it’s just acknowledging the facts.

This should be great :pimp:

No distractions, no external variables, just straight hoops in a vaccum/controlled environment

We're never gonna see that again.

#NeverForget

20240724_121413.jpg
Agreed some of the best ball we’ve ever seen as a whole in recent memory. Can’t remember the role player that was hooping, but he got a big contract. It’s Disney so it won’t get to in-depth, but they should touch on lemon pepper Lou, the player that snuck in a girl. How the Heat and Lakers went the duration - 99 days in the bubble. I always wondered how the refs were living in the bubble, that was never touched on. The players would see each other right after the game at the pool. But did they bump into the refs as easy? Were they kept away from players totally?

The best thing coming out of the bubble was that was 3 champs in 18 months. Which meant there was basketball in July, Aug that was competitive in dead sport months if you didn’t care for baseball. Is there footage of the players having that meeting when the Bucks didn’t play and Bron got mad he wasn’t notified?

A lot of directions they could take this.

I don’t think anyone hated the bubble. Basketball fans were appreciative that they figured out a way to get the season resolved. I definitely was. But the bubble title is different than others.

The regular length of the season, travel to different places to play games, home court advantage are significant factors as to the results of NBA seasons. None of that existed with the bubble, so it was different. That doesn’t mean the bubble title was inferior, but it’s not the same as a regular title. That’s not hating; it’s just acknowledging the facts.

I know most folks like to troll the bubble title because Lakers, but the real haters can't wrap their minds around "different". What makes the 2020 title any less legit than the 1999 and 2012 lockout titles?

I think the bubble documentary can be really interesting. I’d like to see them go into the team discussions about going before it was set, a lot of behind the scenes about how they spent their time in Orlando, etc. The non-basketball angle is more interesting to me than the game play:

Disney *** ring. They better show those nice *** Disney resorts, Landry's chefs that catered steak and lobster. The game rooms. Masseuse teams. Gold course. And great lighting, elite depth perception (as cosigned by numerous players 'shooters paradise I believe it's been referred to) and lack of travel and fan distraction.

This is the same championship you bought merch for right?

Back
Top Bottom