The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal

Show me Luka doing this……

How them highlights helping Ant this series? Y'all thought EYE forgot.

Still have yet to define Generational.......

Ant has elite athleticism: vertically and horizontally, elite shotmaking at all 3 levels, elite defense and is 3 years away from his prime.

He is also averaging more points this playoffs in less minutes than your generational Luka
He is also shooting 43% from 3, nearly 20% points better than Luka

EYE tried to tell y'all. Ant isn't there yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
His talent, skill, mindset, leadership, he's generational.

More importantly his game raises to another level in the playoffs.
1714409732401.png

Not even close to his peak yet...

1716905931834.png

1716905964807.png

Maxi will help against the C’s.

I still dont know how THjr all of a sudden lost his bbiq. Dude looks lost when he played . He wasnt that bad when he was younger

Luka a better offensive player, SGA a better defensive player.

it's pretty close tho, I'd be good with either on my team.
We all know offense > defense
When it comes to first options.

Luka is a much better playmaker and that really is the difference . Shai prolly can add a pull up 3 to even things out but as of right now the gap in play - making is crazy

We all know offense > defense
When it comes to first options.

Luka is a much better playmaker and that really is the difference . Shai prolly can add a pull up 3 to even things out but as of right now the gap in play - making is crazy

sure I agree BUT some of this is matchup dependant.
Minnesota is a great matchup for Luka.

but against an elite switch defense GSW in 2021, Luka got his numbers but they totally locked them up,
Dallas put up of their worst offensive rating for a series with Luka.

I think SGA with his isolation scoring would be better at taking on an elite switching defense.

but against an elite switch defense GSW in 2021, Luka got his numbers but they totally locked them up,

I think SGA with his isolation scoring would be better at taking on an elite switching defense.
i dont think theres a matchup where a healthy luka doesnt have the answers too.

Hes elite with the matchup hunting and the isos

On a team where literally nobody outside him and Brunson could dribble a basketball, Spencer Dinwiddie was their third best player and they got throttled on the boards constantly...

That may not be a reference point with a ton of value.
is it a hot take to say Luka & Shai are #SameTier defenders?
He's not gonna like this but we just watched a series where Shai was given buckets on buckets from PJ and Derrick Jones Jr as their primary defender.

i dont think theres a matchup where a healthy luka doesnt have the answers too.

Hes elite with the matchup hunting and the isos

Im not saying Luka is bad at it, we are splitting hairs here. Im just saying if the game devolves into switch hunting 1 on 1 isos,

I think SGA is a little bit better.

is it a hot take to say Luka & Shai are #SameTier defenders?

naah, Shai is pretty awesome. great help defender, actually makes a lot of plays at the rim, which is pretty valuable from a PG.
adds so much positional size.

Luka is fine, generally but he has to guard the worst offensive player, generally a forward.

On a team where literally nobody outside him and Brunson could dribble a basketball, Spencer Dinwiddie was their third best player and they got throttled on the boards constantly...

That may not be a reference point with a ton of value.

Everyone other the SGA was scared to dribble by the end of the Mavs series. :lol:

SGA put up better numbers, and the teams scored more efficiently than Mavs in 2021.

we are splitting hairs here, I already said Luka is a better offensive player, I just think against a switch defense (not a lot of those)
SGA is a tiny bit better.

Back
Top Bottom