The Official NBA Season Thread: Schedules Released

This goes back to my MJ was ahead of his time post. That doesn't take away from Jordans greatness though. But when I watch him sky over Dan Majerle and 6'2 Kevin Johnson in the 93 finals I cant help but think they don't have anybody else to guard him? Especially because back then they had to play full 1v1 due to illegal defense.
People quote that rule all the time but it was never actually enforced

People quote that rule all the time but it was never actually enforced

I respect the receipts! But even Mike said his career would be different. You see how San Antonio and Dallas played Bron in 07 and 11? They couldn't do that to MJ. Defenses were more physical back then but more complex today. But you brought the vids, so ima check em out.
1724162612643.png

I respect the receipts! But even Mike said his career would be different. You see how San Antonio and Dallas played Bron in 07 and 11? They couldn't do that to MJ. Defenses were more physical back then but more complex today. But you brought the vids, so ima check em out.
1724162612643.png
‘07 Bron was still finding his jumper. Pop went under every screen & gave him a cushion in isolation and Duncan was at the rim if Bron still wanted to try it.

You’re not playing Jordan like that. Pop never played Kobe like that.

2011 Bron had a game in that series where he shot 11 times. It was a complete mental meltdown. Not sure why that’s being brought up.

:rofl: Exactly. Bro wanted to actually hoop and not sit in the corner and chuck threes at the end of the shot clock for a living. After awhile man sometimes guys just wanna ball without the politics. I felt this on a much smaller level when I quit college hoops and started hooping at LA Fitness daily. Literally regained my love for the game.

Exactly what IT should do but no, he wants a CHANCE to be a benchwarmer.

‘07 Bron was still finding his jumper. Pop went under every screen & gave him a cushion in isolation and Duncan was at the rim if Bron still wanted to try it.

You’re not playing Jordan like that. Pop never played Kobe like that.

2011 Bron had a game in that series where he shot 11 times. It was a complete mental meltdown. Not sure why that’s being brought up.
To your credit, Kobe used to grill San Antonio lol so I can only assume MJ would do the same.

His social media behavior has been screaming desperation for the last 3 years. It is sad how he's been moving.

It's actually been almost 6 years...was really rooting for him to make a come back but at this point, with multiple chances given, it's time to call it quits.

overseas hoops for a family man with money already isn’t worth it for most.

His kids already go to school it would be a tuff adjustment for IT

Or call it quits. Or just not make it news if hes trying out for a team cause we all just doing the eyeroll at this point. :lol:

Hes been trying to do this for how long now? Just to rot on the bench? Clearly dude has passion for the game, go overseas where youll actually get PT and scratch that itch.
and? He keeps getting opportunities, why not keep trying. You got a short window in sports and even a shorter one to crack the nba. I’m sure it’s inspiring to a lot of people.

I was happy for him last year when he finally back in. And I hear what you guys are saying about the family stuff and everything, but like I said if you really want to hoop then hoop. No one is stopping you. It sounds like he just needs to retire then. Because he has all these conditions on where he can play due to family and stuff then its just time to hang it up and just train your sons.

NBA and pro sports in general are a privilege, not a birthright. I was saying the same thing about Carmelo when he went on a begging tour like 3 summers ago. Same for John Wall. This pro sports things is a short lived career. My pops played 5 seasons in the NFL, and when they were done with him they were done. He was 31, best shape of his life, but unless your a top 1% player they tell you when your done, not the other way around.

That same stubbornness that got IT to the league and to reach the success he’s had isn’t going to go away because he can’t secure steady nba work. I’m not knocking a man for trying to chase his goals especially when he’s setting an example to his kids and others.

You need to have a certain level of irrational confidence in life

Back
Top Bottom