The Official NBA Season Thread: Schedules Released

imo because prime Steph Curry came up pretty soon after Nash
the scale of Nash's offensive impact has been kinda forgotten,

he was the PG of like 6 of the 10 greatest offensives relative to league average of all time when he retired.

2016 GSW +8.1
2010 PHO +7.7
2007 PHO +7.4
2005 PHO +8.4
2004 DAL +9.2

2004 SAC +7.4
2003 DAL +7.1
2002 DAl +7.7

1998 UTA +7.7
1997 CHI +7.7
1996 CHI +7.6
1992 CHI +7.3
1988 BOS +7.4
1987 LAL +7.3
1982 DEN +7.4

I think people look back and think oh Kidd or like a Payton were somewhat close to Nash offensively.
it's not close at all. totally different scale of impact.
Give Steph Mike dantoni and he would've had churches named after him.

Offensively he's already so much better than jaylen brown. So he can definitely be one of those ones if he stays locked in and focused on what he says he wants. He has the physical tools. I think team success pays a part in awards though even if they say it doesn't, so his game has to translate to some dubs too
He had one good stretch of scoring last season and before that people were calling for him to be traded. No way is he a better scorer than someone who just won Finals MVP

People severely underrating Nash. He’s better than any PG ever not named Steph or Magic. Hes easily the third best point gawd of all time. The man was a maestro. He is the best offense runner i’ve ever seen. And he is a top notch scorer. He should have scored more and been more selfish. The man was non stop had the heart of a horse and the agility of a cat truly unstoppable at finding seams, hitting shots, hitting the right person at the right time. He’s actually the best point guard to put alongside a fast breaking team. He makes the right decision 11 times out of 10.

He had one good stretch of scoring last season and before that people were calling for him to be traded. No way is he a better scorer than someone who just won Finals MVP
You can win finals MVPs without being a good scorer at all though...lol. it's not mutually exclusive.

I'm not saying Jalen is a better player. But he's definitely a better offensive talent. JB just learned to go left this year bro.

People severely underrating Nash. He’s better than any PG ever not named Steph or Magic. Hes easily the third best point gawd of all time. The man was a maestro. He is the best offense runner i’ve ever seen. And he is a top notch scorer. He should have scored more and been more selfish. The man was non stop had the heart of a horse and the agility of a cat truly unstoppable at finding seams, hitting shots, hitting the right person at the right time. He’s actually the best point guard to put alongside a fast breaking team. He makes the right decision 11 times out of 10.

Zeke locked at 3 for me.

Back
Top Bottom