The Official NBA Season Thread: USA vs Serbia at 11:15 ET on NBC/Peacock | Durant Cleared for Action

I'm so confused by the Tatum crying. I think we saw this playoffs that he's not really that guy (he never has been) and the U.S. won by 20+ points. When you have a bunch of stars on the court, you need role players around them and that's why Dwhite is playing.

Tatum is a ball-holder, and that's not really what this team needs. The outcry over this is bizarre.

453407795_881558987339829_4361714776514373755_n.jpg

Because his parents paid their $1500 on April 1 just like the rest of the parents.

But

Someone that doesn't act like a typical media member chimes in

His NBA accolades mean what in FIBA? the guy that took his minutes is one of the goats and he made his first 8 shots. Tatum hasn’t made a 3 and is clearly struggling in a lesser role. I get he’s Jayson Tatum but we ain’t wearing green. So why does he deserve minutes if he’s not making shots and he’s not making plays?

This ain’t daycare

Tatum isn't better than Bron or KD in FIBA for this team in a three week sprint and Bam playing PF is eating into possible minutes. If Booker is making his catch and shoot threes and playing tough defense like today, the minutes will be even harder to come by.

Don't think Kerr will DNP him the rest of the way, but I think Kerr *could* get away with it.
I agree, if Tatum is the missing piece for gold then the team has serious issues elsewhere. It’s more so disrespectful. He’s a plug & play guy and you give him a DNP-CD. Obviously he’s been struggling, but again, it’s a matter of respect :lol:

They’re showing much more respect to a guy like Embiid, but I’m sure there’s something else going on there.

S/O Book for doing the dirty work on defense and just spotting up on offense.
Biggest surprise of the team. Gotta tip your hat.

His NBA accolades mean what in FIBA? the guy that took his minutes is one of the goats and he made his first 8 shots. Tatum hasn’t made a 3 and is clearly struggling in a lesser role. I get he’s Jayson Tatum but we ain’t wearing green. So why does he deserve minutes if he’s not making shots and he’s not making plays?

This ain’t daycare
Yea, he is playing behind 2 of the Top 5 of all time at his position. I would argue deep down inside he isn't really mad at anything other than the embarrassment of the whole thing.

Yea, he is playing behind 2 of the Top 5 of all time at his position. I would argue deep down inside he isn't really mad at anything other than the embarrassment of the whole thing.
I don’t see how it’s all that embarrassing. It happens man. He hasn’t been playing well and hasn’t been shooting well for months.

He probably would have really been glued to the bench if Kawhi didn’t get sent home but they don’t want to talk about that, Matt.

Watching Robert Downy Jr come back as Dr Doom made me realize that LeBron's prime lasted longer than the MCUs prime.

I agree, if Tatum is the missing piece for gold then the team has serious issues elsewhere. It’s more so disrespectful. He’s a plug & play guy and you give him a DNP-CD. Obviously he’s been struggling, but again, it’s a matter of respect :lol:

They’re showing much more respect to a guy like Embiid, but I’m sure there’s something else going on there.

Biggest surprise of the team. Gotta tip your hat.
Have to assume that Embiid was legitimately guaranteed either a starting spot or some level of minutes to get him to play for the team/not play for France. He looks like a domestic basketball terrorist out there.

I'm so confused by the Tatum crying. I think we saw this playoffs that he's not really that guy (he never has been) and the U.S. won by 20+ points. When you have a bunch of stars on the court, you need role players around them and that's why Dwhite is playing.

Tatum is a ball-holder, and that's not really what this team needs. The outcry over this is bizarre.
Especially when the other guys at his position are soon to be Olympic 🐐 Kevin Durant and LeImmortal James :lol:, it's not some big slight at all.

He had a big role in Tokyo but his is a very different squad dynamic with the heavy hitters having one last dance, he'll be fine.

Gonna be one of the leaders in LA '28

Especially when the other guys at his position are soon to be Olympic 🐐 Kevin Durant and LeImmortal James :lol:, it's not some big slight at all.

He had a big role in Tokyo but his is a very different squad dynamic with the heavy hitters having one last dance, he'll be fine.

Gonna be one of the leaders in LA '28

Yeah, I think people forget how vital he was in Tokyo (Tatum, Durant and Holiday were great in the gold medal game), but this team has a different dynamic with Steph and LeBron in the mix. Having Tatum is a luxury, not a necessity this time around.

I don’t see how it’s all that embarrassing. It happens man. He hasn’t been playing well and hasn’t been shooting well for months.

He probably would have really been glued to the bench if Kawhi didn’t get sent home but they don’t want to talk about that, Matt.
Good point about Kawhi.

But it's embarrassing because 10 million people are online collectively cooking him for riding the bench. It's absolutely embarrassing. It's a justified action, sure. But it's nothing to be proud of. Riding the bench will always be embarrassing regardless of the level.

He brought that on himself. He has to deal with it. He isn't a victim. (Not saying you are saying he is)
Yeah, I don’t feel sorry for Tatum. Team USA expects to win gold. Tatum wasn’t playing well and the team didn’t look good when he was out there. Team is full of great players besides him. I have no problem when Kerr DNPing him. I don’t think anyone on the team is entitled to minutes of they’re not playing well.

But I’m also not a fan of lazy, obvious comedy.

It’s pretty obvious this team would be better playing Tatum over Embiid, but they promised Embiid, Lebron and curry starting spots. Tough ****. Tatum gotta deal with it. I’m sure he’ll survive.

Back
Top Bottom