The Official NBA Season Thread: USA vs Serbia at 11:15 ET on NBC/Peacock | Durant Cleared for Action

I don't know how this topic started but Kobe did both. If you win and you that guy endorsements are gonna come anyway.

This money > rings thing is like a excuse for dudes who obviously don't wanna win.
Oh for sure but this conversation has always been very binary; money or winning.

One of the things about sport culture that is odd to me is how it's cool to discount money. As cool as their jobs are they're still jobs. It's not a crazy idea that people would take the money.

Money is why we have jobs to begin with.

People be invoking Kobe like Jesus nowadays. It's gotta get tiring for players to be constantly compared to him by people who didn't even know him.

Probably 80% of the time it's the players themselves that's invoking him. We can pull up A LOT examples of dudes talking about mamba mentality after doing something, not just basketball too. I don't know why certain people keep acting like these dudes don't say out their mouths how influential Kobe was on them. Then again I do know why. :lol:

Washed and turned 35 today but this my Moood!

IMG_2359.jpeg

One of the things about sport culture that is odd to me is how it's cool to discount money. As cool as their jobs are they're still jobs. It's not a crazy idea that people would take the money.

Not to mention that of the 4400+ NBA players all-time, the average career is 4.5 years. Imagine choosing a ring over money in a field with that career span. It is idiotic.

I don't know how this topic started but Kobe did both. If you win and you that guy endorsements are gonna come anyway.

This money > rings thing is like a excuse for dudes who obviously don't wanna win.

A while ago Gil said he'd rather take Harden career (money x the man) over Robert Horry career (rings x role player)

Lot's of ******* has ensued as a result :lol:

DFox signed for 5 years/163Ms at the age of 21 and will probably get an even bigger check in a few years. by all accounts, he’s winning.

this dude can invoke kobe all he wants but players aren’t always on teams that are built to win, no matter how talented they are individually. players in this situation are damned if you do, damned if you don’t. if they’re loyal to a competitive team, get their bag, but never get to the finals, people say don’t care about winning. They leave for a better roster and people say they’re ring chasing.

Tatum and GP2 need to be arrested.

Honestly, I can live with Tatum’s green 3-piece because I am assuming it is an ode to the Celtics who he plays for and how he got close with Marcus.

GP2’s fit is absolutely unforgivable, though. If a dude shows up to your wedding looking like a mid-performance Chippendale’s stripper you gotta hit him with the Hitch
1695488708610.gif

Honestly, I can live with Tatum’s green 3-piece because I am assuming it is an ode to the Celtics who he plays for and how he got close with Marcus.

GP2’s fit is absolutely unforgivable, though. If a dude shows up to your wedding looking like a mid-performance Chippendale’s stripper you gotta hit him with the Hitch
1695488708610.gif
Yeah how are we grouping the two of them together :lol:

GP belongs in fools Wildin for that.

Harden and Iguodala probably more apt comparison. Iguodala probably made close to $200M in his career, four rings and good reputation/legacy. Harden made $300M in NBA contracts alone, future HOF but a ****** reputation/legacy.

Harden and Iguodala probably more apt comparison. Iguodala probably made close to $200M in his career, four rings and good reputation/legacy. Harden made $300M in NBA contracts alone, future HOF but a ****ty reputation/legacy.

Iggy making the HOF also imo.

Oh for sure but this conversation has always been very binary; money or winning.

Eh, to each their own. I personally just turned down a pay raise a few months ago and requested a trophy instead.

Back
Top Bottom