The Official NBA Summer League Thread

Really is a damn shame Irving got hurt because this would be perfect for the Cavs to have all of these guys playing together

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Really is a damn shame Irving got hurt because this would be perfect for the Cavs to have all of these guys playing together

summer league is honestly just a waste of time. they're glorified pick up games.

Agreed but Waiters, Thompson & Zellar are out there ... Those are 3 of the top 5/6 players that will get the most PT this season. More games = more confidence

AR
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

In the 1st 5mins of this game i've seen Lance Thomas dribble drive from the 3 point line and attempt a behind the back dribble bringing the ball up the court
30t6p3b.gif

i remember derrick rose looking terrible in summer league then winning ROY. after that i never took any of these showings seriously

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

i remember derrick rose looking terrible in summer league then winning ROY. after that i never took any of these showings seriously

or donte greene going off for 40 in the first game.

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

or donte greene going off for 40 in the first game.
Or Greg Oden fouling out of his first game (ten fouls)...oh wait

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Ka-WOW

aka

Kawhi Leonard

The SPURS future is in good hands with him.
f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

tumblr_m78cbx3rap1rugvcno1_1280.jpg

I hate the Spurs and their lame fans but this kid has potential
pimp.gif

Leonard doing work out there, attacking the rim, moving well without the ball, goin hard
pimp.gif

sick.gif
at rivers makin moves to the basketball

It wasn't totally his fault. They had been doing a terrible job getting him open. They kept trying to give him a ball screen which only brings another defender over who would always trap. You could actually see him aggressively talking to his bigs like Samuel about not screening and how to get him open to get the ball, then they inbound and he has to come all the way over to the ball, literally stepped out of bounds just to get there and catches the ball pressed up on the sideline and half court line, trapped by his defender and the guy defending the ball and so he calls a TO. Don't have any.

Looking at the replay, Kemba wasn't THAT aggressive on the trap. He probably could have jumped and made a pass (would have had to do a 180 too since he was facing the other basket) over Kemba's head, but again the fact that was the only option just illustrates how poor the execution was and how great Charlotte is playing defensively in the summer league with all the pressing and trapping.

for any Philly Sixers fans, keep an eye open for Jrue's older brother Justin Holiday. He played at University of Washington and graduated in 2011, so I saw him play a lot up here in Seattle. He was a local favorite, your traditional "glue guy", 6'6" wing who loves to play defense.

Hopefully he makes the team because he and Iguodala could be nightmares on defense

I still dont get why the Cavs took this kid from cuse over Barnes.... what am i missing ?

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

It wasn't totally his fault. They had been doing a terrible job getting him open. They kept trying to give him a ball screen which only brings another defender over who would always trap. You could actually see him aggressively talking to his bigs like Samuel about not screening and how to get him open to get the ball, then they inbound and he has to come all the way over to the ball, literally stepped out of bounds just to get there and catches the ball pressed up on the sideline and half court line, trapped by his defender and the guy defending the ball and so he calls a TO. Don't have any.

Looking at the replay, Kemba wasn't THAT aggressive on the trap. He probably could have jumped and made a pass (would have had to do a 180 too since he was facing the other basket) over Kemba's head, but again the fact that was the only option just illustrates how poor the execution was and how great Charlotte is playing defensively in the summer league with all the pressing and trapping.
30t6p3b.gif
The struggles of playing on a garbage squad

Originally Posted by CorndogMcgee

for any Philly Sixers fans, keep an eye open for Jrue's older brother Justin Holiday. He played at University of Washington and graduated in 2011, so I saw him play a lot up here in Seattle. He was a local favorite, your traditional "glue guy", 6'6" wing who loves to play defense.

Hopefully he makes the team because he and Iguodala could be nightmares on defense

We have like 9 players that are "glue guy" small forwards between the height of 6'6 and 6'9. With that in mind, he already made the team. Rod Thorn 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MMG

I still dont get why the Cavs took this kid from cuse over Barnes.... what am i missing ?

Because they wanted some kind of 6'4 guard since they couldn't get Beal. 
Oh...and Barnes 'suppose' to be a bust

Back
Top Bottom