The Official NBA Summer League Thread

Lillard cookin Rios over and over last night WOW

Lillard and Leonard need to play a little harder on D, once they do they will be a nice tandem. To be fair, the Hornets put them through about 324 P&Rs to get Rivers free
30t6p3b.gif

The step back 3 to ice the game
pimp.gif

the 2 missed free throws to not ice the game
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

For Better Or Worse, Bradley Beal Is A Coach's Dream
By Mike Prada - NBA Contributor

Most young basketball players are talented, but don't know best how to function in a team setting. That's what makes Bradley Beal so special.

Jul 16, 2012 - LAS VEGAS -- There's been a single phrase Washington Wizards assistant coach Sam Cassell has used to describe the team's first-round pick in the 2012 NBA Draft over the past three days. No matter what has been asked about Bradley Beal after the first three Wizards summer league games, Cassell ends his monologue like this.

"Bradley Beal," Cassell said after the Wizards' second game, "is the least of my worries right now."

Part of that is because he's clearly the most decorated player on the Wizards' Vegas Summer League roster. But in repeating this refrain, Cassell is providing a precursor to what so many coaches will say about Beal throughout his career. For better or worse, he's the kind of player a coach is simply going to love.

A lot of that is due to what's pretty clear on the surface. At just 19 years old, Beal is mature beyond his years. On the court, he maintains the same, cool demeanor no matter how much he is scoring. Almost nothing rattles him.

"If you just walked into the gym, and [the score is] 100-100, you wouldn't know if he had one point or 30 points," Cassell said about him at one point.

Beyond that, he's unselfish, willing to create for his teammates or fade into the background to let them shine. He's mature off the court, taking good care of himself and emerging quickly as a top public speaker in the locker room.

A deeper look, though, reveals just how seamlessly Beal fits into any coach's schemes. He won't always dazzle in the scoring column, and while he stuffs the stat sheet well, there will be plenty of games where his box-score production will seem mediocre.

But coaches don't think like fans. They think about process before results, execution before completion, versatility before production, reliability before upside.

From their perspective, Bradley Beal is a gem.

rest of article in link

http://www.sbnation.com/n...s-nba-summer-league-2012

Such a big difference in watching him at the 2 compared to Crawford and Nick Young...

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by MMG

I still dont get why the Cavs took this kid from cuse over Barnes.... what am i missing ?

Because they wanted some kind of 6'4 guard since they couldn't get Beal. 
Oh...and Barnes 'suppose' to be a bust

Dumbest thing in the draft

Definitely thought they'd take Barnes but of course the Cavs FO does the opposite of what the fans want ...

Lillard looks promosing, so is Leonard. Finishes strong inside, runs the floor and grabs thise rebounds. Rivers was out of control most of the game. Looks like wasn't comfortable running the point.

Lamb might be a 20-point per game scorer as early as next season.

White has so much offensive skill, but I could see him having a hard time with the little things for awhile. Turnovers, fouls, silly violations, etc.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Lamb might be a 20-point per game scorer as early as next season.
He is the classic kid who plays up the talent level wherever he is...aka why he got swallowed up by all the dysfunction at UCONN this year.  But his game is just too smooth to have fallen that far.

I always value international play and the kid went out and dropped 36 on Jonas Valan

I'd say there's about a 98% chance that he ends up being better than Waiters, Ross and Rivers. I like him more than Beal, too, personally. Always have.

Glad my boy Lamb, aka KD Lite, is taking dropping that far in the draft personally

So smooth, so effortless
pimp.gif

Scott Machado might be getting big minutes once Lin gets overwhelmed., he's looked good too.

Actually that whole Houston team has looked good, even that bum Marcus Morris has shown McHale something

He turned it over a lot too, though.

He was pulling down rebounds and bringing the ball up repeatedly. One time he took it all the way to the rack, but there were a number of giveaways.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I'd say there's about a 98% chance that he ends up being better than Waiters, Ross and Rivers. I like him more than Beal, too, personally. Always have.

Don't remind me. ugh.  

I never ever had any doubt that Lamb would score, to good of a ball handler, too good of a shooter, relies on on that mid range J a little too much though.

If the ROckets do get Lin, I wouldn't be surprised if Lin, White, Lamb, and even Chandler Parsons all run the point at one time or another before Tony Douglas
laugh.gif

Rivers is going to have a short career if he keeps trying to channel Dwayne Wade and end up on the floor every possession. %@@* knee pads, wrap that dude up in some Swiffer Wetjet pads so at least all his flailing around on the floor is useful. And of course, won't get those calls in the regular season so it could really become an issue.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

%@@* knee pads, wrap that dude up in some Swiffer Wetjet pads so at least all his flailing around on the floor is useful.

laugh.gif

Lamb
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom