The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

I am checking out the Clippers last 5 games. It seems that Harden is starting to gel with the team.

Would you consider this a win/win trade lawdog1 lawdog1 ?
Not ready to make that declaration on the Clippers side yet. (Seems like a W for the Sixers for sure though - got rid of a guy who didn’t want to be there, helped to allow Maxey to level-up, got some solid pieces back that compliment Embiid/Maxey and are on moveable contracts).

We’re trending in the right direction but still have too many stretches when we look like ***. I don’t blame the trade for that though; as I mentioned before in here, it’s a focus/intensity problem. If I start seeing way fewer of those stretches, I’ll feel better.

Reggie is working with Breen and Doris to call Knicks-Pacers and Doc is working with Candace and Harlan tonight to call the Lakers-Pelicans.

• Fire
Reactions: HIM
Haliburton has the passing/playmaking of Nash/Kidd with the added pull up shooting of Dame.

I feel like he's much more of a Chris Paul style passer, than Nash or Kidd.

low turn over, can make every pass, rarely makes mistakes
but doesn't necessarily make eye popping passing,

Dillon Brooks was going to work on Josh Giddey in isolation

I think I was called a contrarian for saying the only thing Josh Giddey does well is be tall and pass.

being tall and passing well, is the basis for a pretty solid game. but if he never learns to shoot, or really is able to bully people with his size imo he's a tough fit next to Shai.

I feel like he's much more of a Chris Paul style passer, than Nash or Kidd.

low turn over, can make every pass, rarely makes mistakes
but doesn't necessarily make eye popping passing,
I think he gets up and down more than young CP (but being so long ago maybe I am underrating CP here). Haliburton's flair for jump passing and no-looks is closer to Nash/Kidd than CP.

Hali gonna find out soon. Hes gonna need an inbetween game. Pushing the pace can sort of hide it now

Not ready to make that declaration on the Clippers side yet. (Seems like a W for the Sixers for sure though - got rid of a guy who didn’t want to be there, helped to allow Maxey to level-up, got some solid pieces back that compliment Embiid/Maxey and are on moveable contracts).

We’re trending in the right direction but still have too many stretches when we look like ***. I don’t blame the trade for that though; as I mentioned before in here, it’s a focus/intensity problem. If I start seeing way fewer of those stretches, I’ll feel better.

Not to mention getting rid of the PJ Tucker contract (and player) is addition by subtraction.

We definitely like the return of players who also play well under Nurse's system.

tbh with the Clippers, I think it will take more time to adjust and I think Russ will be the key if he buys into a more specialized role (which he seems like he's open to doing).

Either way, even if the Clippers look great in the regular season, the real test will be round 2 in the playoffs and beyond.

Harden choked as a 1st option with Houston
Harden choked as a 2nd option with Philly
He even choked as a 6th man with OKC but I don't know if that should count lol.

Harden as a 3rd option behind Kahwhi and PG...that might not be so bad as he can rely more on his playmaking if his shots are not falling.

Kawhi also becomes a top 5 player in the playoffs so we will see the dynamics.

I think he gets up and down more than young CP (but being so long ago maybe I am underrating CP here). Haliburton's flair for jump passing and no-looks is closer to Nash/Kidd than CP.

hmmm Maybe Kidd, but def not Nash.

tbh I think Nash or Magic or Bird are the greatest passers of all time. So i think it's unfair to compare Haliburton to him. I just don't see the type of really clairvoyant "how did he see that" type of passes, you see with Nash, Magic, Bird.

Back
Top Bottom