The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Why do folks care so much about who wins an individual award in a team sport?
Do y'all go this hard for Bill in IT to get employee of the month at your job?

Nah **** Bill

Ted brings in bagels every Wednesday, and responds to emails within minutes. Mans been locked in all month

He deserves the award and that $50 gift card to Outback Steakhouse

Ted won two months in a row though. EYE see what THEY are doing.

I am dying right now because this **** actually does happen in the workplace. I was working on a team once where every week they gave an award and $50 company points to the team member (like 15-20 on the team) who completed the most of these reports each week.

I was winning week after week and these folks were in their FEELS at the shine I was getting. They tried to go to the manager and say stuff "maybe we should add difficulty as a metric, not just quantity" and "maybe we should come up with a quality metric to evaluate and create a formula"

In my mind, I was just like "Guys...it's $50 ****ing dollars and a line of recognition in a monthly communication. It's not that deep." :lol:

I am dying right now because this **** actually does happen in the workplace. I was working on a team once where every week they gave an award and $50 company points to the team member (like 15-20 on the team) who completed the most of these reports each week.

I was winning week after week and these folks were in their FEELS at the shine I was getting. They tried to go to the manager and say stuff "maybe we should add difficulty as a metric, not just quantity" and "maybe we should come up with a quality metric to evaluate and create a formula"

In my mind, I was just like "Guys...it's $50 ****ing dollars and a line of recognition in a monthly communication. It's not that deep." :lol:
So you were stat padding. Got it.

Thank you so much, was waiting for it since last night. Would you be able to reframe it and focus on the close up celebration?

Sure

Sorry I only know basic in converting a clip to a gif on my phone

Hope you don’t mind it
DF2C08E9-92E0-47BA-83D0-7E465471DA26.gif

F104C976-CC13-4BD2-971A-2BCF8170AC44.gif

B751FB20-5824-4F63-8475-06B0331B3AAF.gif

CBB65A71-E148-442F-B0FD-AF1AF37967CD.gif

Kids use to get a break even when they played multiple sports. Seems like aau is yr round for a majority. Heard a few old heads speak on this on podcasts

I think Jokic doesn’t get much flack because the Nuggets don’t get much media coverage and he’s still pretty “new” at being an amazing player. He was a rookie in 2015 but he really didn’t break through until recently. He had no expectations when he was drafted.

Kids use to get a break even when they played multiple sports. Seems like aau is yr round for a majority. Heard a few old heads speak on this on podcasts

Almost positive AAU made my brother hate playing basketball. Year round basketball from age 10-18. By his senior year of hs he was saying he doesn’t like playing and only was because he’s good at it. Turned down a few D2 offers because he wanted a normal life in college.

BUT WHEN I SAID THIS EYE WAS CRAZY.

Increases injuries, creates bad habits, also turns basketball which used to be a low barrier of entry sport into a sport with financial barriers.

What if I told you today's players have been playing basketball year long since probably age 11. By the time they hit the league that have way more miles on their bodys than players of the past.

It's not just basketball either, it's across all youth sports.

AAU has been a net negative to youth basketball as a whole.

Every take I make is rooted in data and FACTS. Do I embellish from time to time? Sure but who doesn't.

AAU IS BAD FOR BASKETBALL.

Back
Top Bottom