The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

Because they’re [the Blazers] doing a bang up job right now with their current cast of characters, including those two youts, getting into the playoffs.

Beal’s albatross contract gonna be bad for whomever dude plays for; not saying anything new, groundbreaking or even ‘ahah!’-worthy.

Doesn’t make sense for the Wiz to keep him neither so methinks he finds a new home sooner rather than later.

storm2006 storm2006 @ me next time you feeling bold.

I am not afraid to at anyone. Stop it. Your post was just a few above mine so I didn’t feel the need to scroll back up to @ you. Due to the size of their contracts, Dame and Beal made their beds with their respective teams and essentially have made it such that it is them + whatever casts can be assembled around them. Pairing them is senseless because you would have no room for anyone else and it’s not as if that duo is like THAT besides scoring a bunch of points.

Beyond that, Beal has a No Trade Clause and I would venture to say he’s not waving to leave DC for Portland to play with Dame.

Brad Beal ain’t that guy. One of the worst contracts in basketball now. Dame really has to accept “running from the grind” or hope that Portland gets really really lucky in the lotto. Outside of that, Simons isn’t as good as they need him to be. Shaedon Sharpe is at minimum a few years away from really popping.

Brad Beal ain’t that guy. One of the worst contracts in basketball now. Dame really has to accept “running from the grind” or hope that Portland gets really really lucky in the lotto. Outside of that, Simons isn’t as good as they need him to be. Shaedon Sharpe is at minimum a few years away from really popping.

💯 on all accounts. I think we are in agreement but I would rather kick the tires with them + whoever I can get in FA than Beal’s singular unmovable contract :lol:

I will always say Dame goes unscathed but should get heat.

West Coast Brad Beal
Heat for what though? His teams don’t underachieve. I’m respecting him more and more. Comes in and hoops, gets his checks and goes home to be a family man. It’s the franchises responsibility to put the team in a position to compete. Dame is doing his job. His second best player is Jerami Grant. You’re going nowhere fast with that regardless.

Dame should've been traded in 2019 or 2020, but I don't blame a small market team for holding onto a top 10-12 player/franchise icon for as long as possible.
Portland kinda is in a terrible situation. Dame keeps saying he wants to retire a Blazer thus putting the FO is a bad situation. Imagine the backlash of a small market team trading a Top 15 talent who WANTS to be there. However, knowing that a rebuild should have happened 4 years ago.

Heat for what though? His teams don’t underachieve. I’m respecting him more and more. Comes in and hoops, gets his checks and goes home to be a family man. It’s the franchises responsibility to put the team in a position to compete. Dame is doing his job. His second best player is Jerami Grant. You’re going nowhere fast with that regardless.
At some point you realize that your FO won’t be a put a contending team around you. The longer he stays, the further the team is from contending. I’m pretty sure the FO wouldn’t mind trading him for assets at this point if he wanted a trade. They both need a reset. But a new situation would mean higher expectations for him.

I think of the KG situation in Minnesota. At some point both sides knew they ran their course.

Dame is doomed to more losing and ‘running from the grind’ accusations then if he’s gonna stick around and kick the tires w/ the new gen Blazers. They’re nowhere ready to help him get out of the regular szn as this szn has shown.

The trade shows you exactly how the numbers work also and that has them keeping Nurk as well.

If the Wiz approach Beal and say they’re getting ready to tear everything down, he’s the ultimate smoke-dodger for deciding to stay rather than play with a Top 75 All Time great.

I’m sure the fans in Portland will appreciate a dynamic backcourt duo once again. Not exactly senseless imo but we will agree to disagree on the whole hypothetical scenario.

Seriously, what did the Clippers think they were getting with Russ? Really don’t want to hear any complaints. Like zero :lol:

Some of yall dudes stay talking outta both sides of your mouths about some of this stuff.

Can't be in here talking about player empowerment and letting them spend their careers how and where they wanna spend them, and then *****ing and complaining about how Dame and Brad don't wanna win cuz they aren't trying to do it your way. :lol:

A guy like Beal is absolutely not to blame for anything. Not only did they give him that Supermax thru 2027 but they also gave him a No Trade Clause. THEY attached themselves to him and gave him the option to decide if he wants to go. Dame is the same case but with no NTC. I am pretty sure both FULLY intended to play out their contracts with those teams.

Some owners don't care about winning or losing because they are still making money and their franchise valuation is going up. Some players don't care about winning or losing they are still making money hand over fist and their net worth is going up. You just have to come to accept that is the nature of sports.

A guy like Beal is absolutely not to blame for anything. Not only did they give him that Supermax thru 2027 but they also gave him a No Trade Clause. THEY attached themselves to him and gave him the option to decide if he wants to go. Dame is the same case but with no NTC. I am pretty sure both FULLY intended to play out their contracts with those teams.

Some owners don't care about winning or losing because they are still making money and their franchise valuation is going up. Some players don't care about winning or losing they are still making money hand over fist and their net worth is going up. You just have to come to accept that is the nature of sports.
Wizards DEFINITELY don't care about winning. Portland is just happy to have a star after Gerg Oden and Brandon Roy played out how it did.

i am a fan of KG, but Giannis has topped him already :emoji_shrug:
it's just a matter of Giannis collecting those accolades in the upcoming years that will fill his resume and he is only 28
Lol bruh giannis eclipsed kg years ago. He already won a clip and fmvp as the guy. He about to lap him

I WAS thinking that but wasn't in the mood to have to defend my position in case anyone disagreed due to longevity :lol:

Wizards DEFINITELY don't care about winning. Portland is just happy to have a star after Gerg Oden and Brandon Roy played out how it did.

And I feel that both Beal and Dame are fine with their positions as well. Teams are losing but everybody (owners and players) are winning at the same time.

Yall cant be serious about this Wiseman praise. Literal definition of good stats-bad team.
14 games with Detroit and you wanna know the record? 1-13
He can be a 20-10 guy thats not the problem. Everything else is

We just want to see young player flourish. The numbers itself is one thing...but the chance to play through his mistakes and learn, I haven't watched his games but his numbers are reflective of that. Hopefully they will learn how to win but all we are happy to see is improvement.

Some of yall dudes stay talking outta both sides of your mouths about some of this stuff.

Can't be in here talking about player empowerment and letting them spend their careers how and where they wanna spend them, and then *****ing and complaining about how Dame and Brad don't wanna win cuz they aren't trying to do it your way. :lol:
Same dudes crying about super teams want to trade any decent player to a contender the 1st chance they get :lol: :smh:

Then the same folks wouldn’t give Dame much credit for winning anyway cuz he went to “somebody else’s team”

Back
Top Bottom