The Official NBA Thread: Celtics Lead 3-1 in the NBA Finals | RIP Jerry West

IMG_6504.jpeg

Last edited:
powell's contract is a bargain for the clippers, especially with how frequently Kawhi and PG miss games. already an older team with razor thin depth, might be time for them to blow it up and trade their two stars for future pieces.

💯💯💯

The clippers big advantage over the last 2-3 seasons was that their roster was so deep they could stay afloat when Kawhi and PG were injured. Getting rid of that death puts them in a situation where they are more reliant on their two stars to stay healthy through the regular season. Not a winning formula.

Like you said, if they aren't committed to keeping the championship roster around kawhi Leonard and Paul George they might as well blow it up

Lakers have opened up the mid level. Wonder if they locked Bruce Brown down.

None of the other options at the mid level are particularly exciting to me. I like Donta but not that much.

took this from a twitter post. feel free to give me hope that dangelo russell wont be a laker this season

Predict where these Free Agents will go

James Harden: strip club
Kyrie Irving: Dallas
Fred Van Vleet: somewhere in Texas
Draymond Green: warriors
Brook Lopez: rockets
Khris Middleton: bucks
D’Angelo Russell: nets
Russell Westbrook: clippers
Jerami Grant: Kangz
Kyle Kuzma: spurs
Bruce Brown: Heat

Lakers have opened up the mid level. Wonder if they locked Bruce Brown down.

None of the other options at the mid level are particularly exciting to me. I like Donta but not that much.
If they miss on Brown, I could see it going to Schroder. Well, a portion of it anyways.

James Harden: Philly, but could see him not ending the year there
Kyrie Irving: Dallas, but in Toronto by the end of the year because America is done with him
Fred Van Vleet: Houston
Draymond Green: Lakers
Brook Lopez: Clippers
Khris Middleton: Portland
D’Angelo Russell: Atlanta
Russell Westbrook: Wizards
Jerami Grant: Portland
Kyle Kuzma: San Antonio
Bruce Brown: Denver

NBAPA looking their NFL counterparts with this CBA.

This gonna be CJ's lasting legacy.

Sheesh.

At least the NBA contracts are guaranteed. The other crazy part about this, like the cap spike in 2016, is that this major change was put in place effectively as opposed to giving teams time to adjust. I imagine in a year or two that things will stabilize until the next CBA.

Player movement through the end of the decade will be interesting because I could envision some owners pushing for shorter contracts but we will see.

Back
Top Bottom